Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh God I wanted to read good news for NJPW today! :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

I for one am excited to see AJ Styles win his first real match with his new finishing move, the *rolls dice* Unprettier

*Faith Breaker

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Good news! Shibata is getting a push!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

It'll be okay, not everyone is good enough to make the world big enough for them like Okada.

He beat Tanahashi so badly at the Dome that Nakamura and Styles are running scared.

Obviously.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

actually nakamura and aj are running away because they are ashamed of okada and his big baby tears

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I assume Anderson is going to NXT since he's been hinting about it on twitter for basically forever

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Maybe it's time that Naito actually starts winning some matches!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

This is legitimately the happiest I've ever been about wrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmn9asN-8AE

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Alvarez all but confirmed it. Said big news is coming before Raw.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

WOR 1/4: WWE raids New Japan just went up

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Jerusalem posted:

Oh God I wanted to read good news for NJPW today! :gonk:

You got to see live AJ and Nakamura have one of their last, if not the last, match in NJPW for at least awhile, assuming this news shakes out. It may be bad news for NJPW, but it seems like a nice outcome for J-ru...PW.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress

http://www.f4wonline.com/wrestling-observer-radio/wor-14-wwe-raids-new-japan-full-wrestlekingdom-10-report-204961

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There's a new Observer Radio up now that says it is discussing it, don't know if there is any new information in there.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Someone give me the cliff notes, im gonna go turn off the lights and listen to depeche mode.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

AJ, Doc, Karl, and Nakamura.

Whatever, NJPW will be fine. Nakamura stings the most to me.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
poo poo! not Doc Gallows!!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
What a bad start to the year :(

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Swagger Dagger posted:

WOR 1/4: WWE raids New Japan just went up

Urgh, I'm not going to open up my tight as hell wallet for both a F4W sub and New Japan World over one 24 hour period, but drat I'm tempted.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

NowonSA posted:

Urgh, I'm not going to open up my tight as hell wallet for both a F4W sub and New Japan World over one 24 hour period, but drat I'm tempted.

Anderson, Gallows, Nakamura, and AJ are leaving. I just saved you $10.99

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
No Kenny Omega? He was just on that up up down down show too.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Akileese posted:

Anderson, Gallows, Nakamura, and AJ are leaving. I just saved you $10.99

Thanks! It'll be interesting to see what they do with Gallows since he's been with WWE before. My gut says he's the most likely to hang out in NXT forever, maybe doing some stuff with Balor.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 5, 2016

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

TheJunkyardGod posted:

Omega had a super bad experience in WWE developmental.

Finally, Festus, has come BACK, to wwe developmental.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Goddamnit I don't want to watch Gallows again

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

hell

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

TheJunkyardGod posted:

He's been down that road and has a well-known distaste for the WWE style. And if anyone stands to gain from this new NJPW void it's our man Kenny

Today is a good day

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
well I guess I'm gonna cancel my NJPW World sub after this. I've had it since WK9, but I barely used it other than the G1 Climax. I'm just not invested enough to watch replays of the other shows, and without AJ or Nakamura, :shrug:

instead I'll just replace NJPW with a steady stream of Shibata gifs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I wonder if Doc Gallows will be allowed to showcase some of his personality. He's not the greatest wrestler by any stretch of the imagination but I've been impressed by how funny and creative he can be listening to him on Talkin' Shop and it kind of blows my mind that his entire WWE run was about making him the big silent guy.

Karl, AJ and Nakamura have so much potential it is crazy.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

NowonSA posted:

Thanks! It'll be interesting to see what they do with Gallows since he's been with WWE before. My gut says he's the most likely to hang out in NXT forever, maybe doing some stuff with Balor.

I imagine that all four are strictly NXT signings since they're trying to build that as a traveling brand and they need guys like that who can draw.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Short term very bad news for New Japan. They'll rebuild though. They've been needing to make new stars by the sounds of things anyway.

Won't change anything in WWE though.

Just wait for Vince to not "Get" Nakamura.

The biggest casualty in this is the Talkin Shop podcast.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Black Monday

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Anderson was pretty important backstage for New Japan wasn't he? I'd heard that he organised the bookings for the Gaijiin wrestlers.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

He's been down that road and has a well-known distaste for the WWE style. And if anyone stands to gain from this new NJPW void it's our man Kenny

Today is a good day

Yeah, it'll suck for NJPW to lose so much top talent, but at the same time it opens up a HUGE opportunity for other people to grow into big stars. I can easily see Kenny move up to the top Gaijin spot, Shibata will probably get more opportunities, and if you're a Young Lion on the verge of moving onto the roster proper guys moving up from the midcard to the top creates more room and time for you to start standing out, despite your inexperience.

Jerusalem posted:

I wonder if Doc Gallows will be allowed to showcase some of his personality. He's not the greatest wrestler by any stretch of the imagination but I've been impressed by how funny and creative he can be listening to him on Talkin' Shop and it kind of blows my mind that his entire WWE run was about making him the big silent guy.

Karl, AJ and Nakamura have so much potential it is crazy.

Not his entire run, how quickly we forget Luke Gallows, although even then he wasn't talking much I guess. That run is why I figure he'll be in NXT forever, they get enough CM Punk chants as it is. AJ pretty obviously has the most potential to do well in the WWE system, though I'd love to see them finally give a japanese wrestler a good character and push.

Assuming Daniel Bryan leaves his farm eventually he can finally have a match with Nakamura too, and if you can make that happen during a NXT special or house show in Japan...

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Can't wait to see the ching chong oriental gimmick they give nakamura after the way they treated kenta .

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Akileese posted:

I imagine that all four are strictly NXT signings since they're trying to build that as a traveling brand and they need guys like that who can draw.

I do agree that all four are the type of guys who are probably best served being in NXT to build that brand, and not having to deal with the chaos that is the main WWE roster. NXT crowds are going to lose their poo poo for Nakamura and AJ in particular.

It also just occurred to me that with the Nakamura and AJ signings we're now one big step closer to bringing actual WWE in line with the crazy present-day (ish) WWE TEW sim thread.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

Can't wait to see the ching chong oriental gimmick they give nakamura after the way they treated kenta .

They'll do a heartwarming, lengthy documentary about this guy coming from success in Japan and risking it all by moving to America to chase the dream of being dumped out casually by Big Show in a dark match Battle Royal.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

NowonSA posted:

I do agree that all four are the type of guys who are probably best served being in NXT to build that brand, and not having to deal with the chaos that is the main WWE roster. NXT crowds are going to lose their poo poo for Nakamura and AJ in particular.

It also just occurred to me that with the Nakamura and AJ signings we're now one big step closer to bringing actual WWE in line with the crazy present-day (ish) WWE TEW sim thread.

I cannot imagine them giving AJ and Nakamura "WWE" names. You do not sign guys like that and rename them. I bet they get Samoa Joe deals.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and assume that Nakamura got hired so they can shake him in front of Daniel Bryan like a baby with a set of keys :3:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Maybe it's time that Naito actually starts winning some matches!

Yeah, I wasn't already too thrilled with the Naito/Goto result but with all these losses for NJPW Naito actually winning and filling a top level heel spot would've been a good idea.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and assume that Nakamura got hired so they can shake him in front of Daniel Bryan like a baby with a set of keys :3:

too bad bryan is never wrestling again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Akileese posted:

I cannot imagine them giving AJ and Nakamura "WWE" names. You do not sign guys like that and rename them. I bet they get Samoa Joe deals.

Oh yeah I forgot that they're letting the occasional guy keep their names if they're just going to stay in NXT forever. Yeah that's totally what's up. It's probably almost as good a payday as NJPW with way few dates (no G-1 tournament of death for example), so it makes sense for both of them to go for it.

• Locked thread