Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Mercury Crusader posted:

Look I know Okada did fine regardless of his time in TNA but I would never hate on anybody so hard as to drat them to TNA.

He's doing fine in Japan because TNA terrified him so badly that he'll never go to an American promotion again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Germ Incubator posted:

ShoHei are being sent out on their excursion from njpw to CMLL, good luck, young lions!!

“ We’re going on excursion, to shine brighter as wrestlers. So excited! Let’s go see the world together, partner☆ “

I want to beat Komatsu up for that Husking Bee hoodie...

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Germ Incubator posted:

and if they don't they'll have someone to answer to

Contract negotiations begin just as Meng so happens to be in town...I see how you work BizCliz.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
How much longer is Ibushi predicted to be out for? Kenny moving to heavyweight means they can eventually fight....:getin:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

How much longer is Ibushi predicted to be out for? Kenny moving to heavyweight means they can eventually fight....:getin:

I can see Omega further justifying his takeover of Bullet Club by going "I gave up everything, including my best friend, for Styles, and that lead to nothing!" And then further down the line, Ibushi runs in and suplexes Omega and starts the feud.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

No one really knows, but yeah ideally that should be a big IC title program.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Crosspost

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Looks like Nakamura is now done at the end of the month and he'll have to drop the title at a random Korakuen rather than New Beginning.

If this is the company's decision because they're pissed at him they're being dumb, if it's his while I recognize his right to do whatever the gently caress he wants with his career I think it's pretty lame that he couldn't even wait to drop the title on a major show.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I'm really new: is Evil's gimmick just that he's every low level indie heel you ever saw?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Thauros posted:

Looks like Nakamura is now done at the end of the month and he'll have to drop the title at a random Korakuen rather than New Beginning.

If this is the company's decision because they're pissed at him they're being dumb, if it's his while I recognize his right to do whatever the gently caress he wants with his career I think it's pretty lame that he couldn't even wait to drop the title on a major show.

wasn't his contract up anyway? it seems like it was in his own right to seek out another contract somewhere else.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

wasn't his contract up anyway? it seems like it was in his own right to seek out another contract somewhere else.

He still had dates up to like March IIRC. Contract was up at the end of WK but he still agreed to stuff with them and ROH that now likely isn't getting fulfilled, which does suck

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Push Elgin and Cheeseburger.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Ostentatious posted:

yes, but WWE lets guys finish dates and there's no reason he couldn't have worked just one show to drop it at a far more oppurtune time. Kevin Steen worked several ROH dates after his contract expired for example before leaving.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Thauros posted:

yes, but WWE lets guys finish dates and there's no reason he couldn't have worked just one show to drop it at a far more oppurtune time. Kevin Steen worked several ROH dates after his contract expired for example before leaving.

No they don't. If they need you, your leftover dates are hosed. See: Alberto Del Rio.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

coconono posted:

No they don't. If they need you, your leftover dates are hosed. See: Alberto Del Rio.

You may be right because we're dealing eith another major company here that the WWE wants to do no favors to, but the situations seem different since ADR already made a surprise debut for them.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Thauros posted:

i hate to break it to you but JOHN CENA IS INJURED AND OUT FOR 9 MONTHS AND PANICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
also they forced Joe to not work some dates he originally agreed to at the end

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

IF they run Nakamura straight to the main roster for the WM berth, that would be why they're pulling him. or Paul wants this drat toy RIGHT FUCKIN NOW. Take your pick.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

All wrestling commentary should have Yoshi Tatsu on it, undermining every question he is asked. I can't even tell if it's on purpose or due to the language barrier, but he has such a beautiful knack for answering the question exactly the opposite to what's wanted. You can always hear the frustration in KK/MS's voice afterwards, a silent "for fucks sake..." every time.

"Yoshi Tatsu, you aren't a fan of this group at all are you?"
"YES!"
"Wait, you are?"
"YES!"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

coconono posted:

lol ADR had ample opportunity to go back he just didn't want to do the job

Del Rio was still working Puerto Rico during the early part of his WWE comeback

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DynamiteKidd posted:

I'm really new: is Evil's gimmick just that he's every low level indie heel you ever saw?

Listen you, he's the King of Darkness.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

EVIL

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I made a lil playlist of 2016 Fantasticamania dudes. It's heavily slanted towards certain guys because I didn't really want to figure out, say, which of Mephisto's dozens of near-identical title matches was the best or what the good Stuka Jr. matches are. I would've liked to include more trios but even the good ones are largely kinda forgettable.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That's loving weird. Even with how desperate WWE is I still wouldn't think he's a part of their immediate plans, but I guess the sooner they can factor him in and build him for the WWE network audience the better.

Also thanks Spermgod, that sounds like a fun watch.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I'm curious about that inset featuring a woman whose name appears to be Becky

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

oatgan posted:

lol ADR had ample opportunity to go back he just didn't want to do the job

Del Rio was still working Puerto Rico during the early part of his WWE comeback

Not saying you're wrong about not wanting to job, but WWE's relationship with Carlos Colon is very different to that with AAA management. It's possible they were willing to do the former a favour they weren't willing to do for the latter

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

DynamiteKidd posted:

I'm curious about that inset featuring a woman whose name appears to be Becky

Apparently she's involved in an affair somehow. Don't think it's related to Nakamura. She's a half-Japanese TV personality/'talent' of some kind.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
That's a good illustration of what I'd heard, that Tokyo Sports is a total rag and the old "wrestling is so respected in Japan - it's even covered in newspapers!" talking point was always kind of nonsense if you looked at exactly what kind of newspapers were covering it.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So what are everyone's thoughts on how NJPW post Nakamura, AJ, MGKA and Gallows will look like? It sucks losing them, but I don't think NJPW is hosed thanks to them caring about making the mid card look good.

On my list Susukigun has to come back now. I felt the hole these guys left in the midcard and it's now going to become more noticeable. KES might be good opponents VS GBH. And Susiki VS Okada could be fun. And Tachi, TAKA and El Desperado are needed to fill out the Jr division so it's more than just KUSHUDA, Omega and who ever ROH sends over.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Please respect and remember my friend Naito

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Main Eventer King Of Darkness EVIL

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I don't think they're hosed but they could be in a lot better position if certain guys hadn't been through the midcard parity booking wringer over the past few years.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NJPW will probably lean on ROH talent until their young guys start to come in on their own.

The worst possible thing is they'll probably rely on Tanahashi and Okada for their next dome show. Short of braining Okada with his own kneecap, I'm not sure what else they could do.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I've been meaning to ask, how do Japanese fans feel about the ROH presence in New Japan right now. I think over half the matches had gaijin in them, which seems kind of crazy.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

coconono posted:

NJPW will probably lean on ROH talent until their young guys start to come in on their own.

The worst possible thing is they'll probably rely on Tanahashi and Okada for their next dome show. Short of braining Okada with his own kneecap, I'm not sure what else they could do.

They have a year to make someone look like a killer, whether that's Naito or Suzuki or someone else. I can't imagine them doing Tanahashi-Okada again. Well, I can, but it'd probably draw even worse than this year

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
There's an obvious solution to NJPW's problems.

Tomoaki Honma - Champion of Everything.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Here's my dream WK11 booking (or at least Dominion) that doesn't even involve Tanahashi in the top two matches

Okada vs. Naito - IWGP Heavy
Omega vs. Ibushi - IWGP IC

I seriously think a Naito push can work this time with him as a heel and there's a natural storyline with both men being pissed about their WK8 match being relegated to the second slot and wanting to prove themselves.

Omega vs. Ibushi is obviously a natural feud that should def draw some DDT fans.

This is bad and there's no sugarcoating it but I don't think Dave's 1984 AWA comparison is necessarily fair either since only one truly irreplaceable guy was lost.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Beautiful Ninja posted:

There's an obvious solution to NJPW's problems.

Tomoaki Honma - Champion of Spousal Abuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Thauros posted:

Here's my dream WK11 booking (or at least Dominion) that doesn't even involve Tanahashi in the top two matches

Okada vs. Naito - IWGP Heavy
Omega vs. Ibushi - IWGP IC

I seriously think a Naito push can work this time with him as a heel and there's a natural storyline with both men being pissed about their WK8 match being relegated to the second slot and wanting to prove themselves.

Omega vs. Ibushi is obviously a natural feud that should def draw some DDT fans.

This is bad and there's no sugarcoating it but I don't think Dave's 1984 AWA comparison is necessarily fair either since only one truly irreplaceable guy was lost.

What would you do with Tanahashi in that case? Him and Elgin in a tag title match? Some kind of special singles match? I'd have had Tanahashi vs Omega for the IC, but something like a match vs a returning Suzuki might work

EDIT: have they ever done Tanahashi vs Shibata at a non-G1 major show?

• Locked thread