Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jado won the rumble. This is Jado's time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Shiozaki/Minoru could be great

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I'm really curious what NXT and NJPW are going to look like in 6 months, and this time next year

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

What about Rocky

Short

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Reported by MLW, confirmed by the Observer. Nakamura will be around a little longer presumably to drop the IC Title, and they're all going to fulfill their bookings in Vegas next month for ROH.
Finally someone in ROH gets the big win

Gonzo McFee posted:

Nakamura coming out to a gong and generic butt rock before having a five minute match with Ryback, 2017 Raw.
His music is already generic butt rock

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The real winner in all this is Kamaitachi's superfan who now has two people to go buckwild for

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Oh drat I didn't see Volador/Mephisto getting the main on the last night. Awesome

They're booking everything they can to showcase Dragon Lee as well

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

meng was better than half the other participants in that match

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it was originally supposed to be the belt all the unsigned outside talent and young njpw guys on the rise would wrestle for with its own NEVER branded shows but that was scrapped pretty early on and its since become ishii's gold watch and added prestige for semi-main events

it doesn't have its own rules like the ROH Pure title it's just the division where guys hit each other really hard

oatgan fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jan 6, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

they call it openweight but i don't think a junior has ever wrestled for it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The distinction has been totally arbitrary for a while now. Yesterday Kenny Omega just announced he was no longer a junior. With the heavyweights doing just as much flying and spotty sprints as the juniors the only big difference is card placement

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

coconono posted:

No they don't. If they need you, your leftover dates are hosed. See: Alberto Del Rio.

lol ADR had ample opportunity to go back he just didn't want to do the job

Del Rio was still working Puerto Rico during the early part of his WWE comeback

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The only thing Doc Gallows owns is a trademark on "Bliz Cliz"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it's crazy how over naito got los ingobernables just by taking a bunch of pictures with a hat

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Blast Fantasto posted:

I haven't ever seen a NOAH show other than a few select KENTA matches here and there. What's like the best NOAH show for me to track down, top to bottom?

a very good starting point would be Destiny 2015 which just happened, was good top to bottom, and can easily be found on Dailymotion

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Under the vegetable posted:

anyone who ever thought adam cole would be looked at by WWE is insane. the guy is like three feet tall and chubby.

otoh he's super talented and has connections

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He literally only wrestled Nakamura. They never even tried with him

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Nakamura vacated the IC title and the new champ will be determined in a match between Kenny Omega and an undetermined challenger. How unprofessional

oatgan fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jan 12, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

maybe gedo with his supreme foresight and planning should have nakamura put someone over on the way out so he has a program set up for when he comes back

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it says a lot that njpw just thinks wwe is a phase nakamura is going through and he'll be back once he gets it out of his system

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Shelton "X" Benjamin

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Fantasticamania n1 results

Kushida/Stuka Jr def Yohei Komatsu/Sho Tanaka - Stuka pinned Tanaka
Okumura/Bobby Z def Guerrero Maya Jr/The Panther - Zavala pinned Maya
Titan/Fuego def Cavernario/YOSHI-HASHI - Titan pinned Cavernario
Hechicero/Virus def Dragon Lee/Jay White -Virus submitted White
Tetsuya Naito/EVIL/BUSHI def Atlantis/Mascara Dorada/Juice Robinson - Naito pinned Juice
Volador Jr/Ryuske Taguchi def Shinsuke Nakamura/Mephisto - Volador pinned Mephisto
Hiroshi Tanahashi/Jushin Liger/Mistico def Kazuchika Okada/Ultimo Guerrero/Gedo - Mistico submitted Ultimo

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Naito..... won.....? :confused:

gotta put over the cmll talent strong on the first couple nights

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

The really surprising result to me is UG doing the job in the main when Gedo was on the team

i bet he pins mistico between now and their singles match on the last night

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

(1) Jushin Thunder Liger & Stuka Jr. vs. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu
◆Winner: Stuka (8:33) with a Torpedo Splash on Komatsu.
(2) The Panther vs. Bobby Zavala
◆Winner: Zavala (8:14) with a Spiral Bomb.
(3) Guerrero Maya Jr. vs. OKUMURA
◆Winner: OKUMURA (8:12) following a Capture DDT.
(4) Jay White, Ryusuke Taguchi, KUSHIDA & Titan vs. Gedo, YOSHI-HASHI, Hechicero & Barbaro Cavernario
◆Winner: Cavernario (9:43) with the Cavernaria on White.
(5) Fuego, Mascara Dorada & Atlantis vs. BUSHI, EVIL & Tetsuya Naito
◆Winner: Naito (11:01) following the OUT OF CONTROL on Fuego.
~ Naito and BUSHI once more removed the masks of Atlantis and Dorada.
(6) Juice Robinson, Volador Jr. & Mistico vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Mephisto & Ultimo Guerrero
◆Winner: Nakamura (13:02) with a Jumping Rolling Cross Armbar on Robinson.
(7) Hiroshi Tanahashi & Dragon Lee vs. Kazuchika Okada & Virus
◆Winner: Lee (15:47) with the Platas en el Pecho on Virus.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

its working

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

omg

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

...Is that Kushida wearing a helmet shaped like a digital watch?

yes!

fun first half with a great sendoff for intermission

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KAMAITACHI IS HERE AND HE IS WRESTLING DRAGON LEE TOMORROW

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dunbar posted:

Through some miracle I was able to get NJPWW to stream the entire first NJ/CMLL show to my Chromecast with only one major disruption. Fun show and easy to watch. Is the 2nd night more of the same or is there anything worth going out of your way to see? Otherwise I think I'll double back and watch the post-Dome show because I was never able to get to it due to NJPWW being awful.

Second night of fantastica mania was fun but not as good as the first (Cavernario and Nakamura vs Stuka and Taguchi is worth watching). Tonight's show will blow both of those out of the water.

Wrestlekingdom was really great and New Years Dash from a couple days later was extremely fun and easy to watch show. WK obviously had higher highs, but NYD is easier for me to recommend. It just breeze by and was a joy to watch

oatgan fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 24, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

there's even a spanish language feed on njpworld

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

you can't have anyone until you can prove you'll do something with them

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The music they dubbed over Dragon Lee's theme is all-time, man

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HE FINALLY DID IT I'M SO HAPPY

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

leave Strong BJ alone they've been single handedly making BJW the low key coolest promotion

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

is every match going to last like five minutes

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

5. Manabu Nakanishi vs Quiet Storm

lmao

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I Before E posted:

So wait who are fujin and raijin, I assume they're not sho and yohei, right?

They're

• Locked thread