Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah, there's no way he doesn't go for 7 or so.

I'm looking up and down and trying to find starting caliber guards (big upgrade for Miami) so we can keep it around 10 mil a year to upgrade our line. All we need are two guards from free agency, shift Billy Turner to swing tackle, draft someone in the 3rd round range in the thought process of "hm Alberts probably a cap casualty in 2017 because he's injury prone"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

WHOOPS posted:

After what recent guards have signed for recently (Iupati, Franklin, Beadles, Grubbs), anything south of $6m for Osemele is a dream. The cap is also going up too much for Osemele not to cash in at his age.

Jesus, I did not realize Iupati got 5 years, 8 million a year. That's probably what Osemele will get too, then. I don't know if I'd spend that much on a guard.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seahawks WR Jermaine Kearse says he wouldn't take a hometown discount to stay with the Seahawks.

While delightfully honest, I'm not sure how much he's expecting to get on the open market. I guess he's a perfect overpay for the Jags.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

seiferguy posted:

Seahawks WR Jermaine Kearse says he wouldn't take a hometown discount to stay with the Seahawks.

While delightfully honest, I'm not sure how much he's expecting to get on the open market. I guess he's a perfect overpay for the Jags.

Jags kinda seem set at Receiver.

Have you looked at the Free Agent WR market? He's probably towards the top this year.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

seiferguy posted:

The Jaguars have 3 receivers who would be #1s on Seattle...

Im really hoping Miami grabs Derrick Johnson at a Karlos Dansby type contract (3 years, 18 million, 9 guaranteed) becauase Im just not liking any #1 corner free agent options. Draft Hargreaves III, sign Janoris Jenkins, cut Grimes, bring in Gipson from Cleveland for our middle fielder FS position.

I think that's our best effort to solve our secondary woes. Let Bobby McCain play slot where he belongs, and let him grow into the player I think he will be shortly.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 22, 2016

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Derrick Johnson isn't leaving Kansas City.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

No Butt Stuff posted:

You guys keeping ALL your free agents? Dont think it's plausible. Berry will command 10 million plus. Edit lol Hold on

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 22, 2016

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

AAA DOLFAN posted:

You guys keeping ALL your free agents? Dont think it's plausible. Berry will command 10 million plus. Andre Smith will command quite a lot.

We will keep Berry and Derrick Johnson. Pretty much guaranteed. I assume you're referring to Sean Smith, who will probably walk.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

No Butt Stuff posted:

You guys don't have a good history holding onto players named Derrick

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

No Butt Stuff posted:

We will keep Berry and Derrick Johnson. Pretty much guaranteed. I assume you're referring to Sean Smith, who will probably walk.

Jaye Howard is going to command a pretty penny.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

We have $33M in cap space going into next year, assuming we don't cut anyone, which I'm sure we will. Fitting Berry, DJ and Howard in won't be impossible.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Ross Angeles posted:

dang man

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

seiferguy posted:

I can't figure out his market value. I agree with the no hometown discount thing, he came in as a UDFA and hasn't made much in the first 4 years of his career, this is his one chance to maximize his contract value, but I'm having trouble figuring out what that might be.

He's not top tier WR, but hes not bottom of the barrel. He's in a weird zone that will probably result in him getting overpaid by some desperate team.

Riley Cooper extended for 5/22.5 with 8 guaranteed, Kerley 4yr/14M somewhere in that range I would guess.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

skipdogg posted:

I can't figure out his market value. I agree with the no hometown discount thing, he came in as a UDFA and hasn't made much in the first 4 years of his career, this is his one chance to maximize his contract value, but I'm having trouble figuring out what that might be.

He's not top tier WR, but hes not bottom of the barrel. He's in a weird zone that will probably result in him getting overpaid by some desperate team.

Riley Cooper extended for 5/22.5 with 8 guaranteed, Kerley 4yr/14M somewhere in that range I would guess.

He seems like a 3 yr/27M with 14 guaranteed type for some desperate team.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Nah, that's too high and what someone like Doug Baldwin would get for catching all those TDs to close out the season.

$3.5-5m seems right for Kearse, $5 being from a team that thinks he could take off in their scheme.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

No Butt Stuff posted:

We have $33M in cap space going into next year, assuming we don't cut anyone, which I'm sure we will. Fitting Berry, DJ and Howard in won't be impossible.

We shall see. I also think Dallas is a big possibility for him

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

:stare:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

WHOOPS posted:

Nah, that's too high and what someone like Doug Baldwin would get for catching all those TDs to close out the season.

$3.5-5m seems right for Kearse, $5 being from a team that thinks he could take off in their scheme.

I could maybe do 3.5, but if he wants 5 then see-ya

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Overthecap estimates about a 3-year, $10mil deal for Kearse. At about $3mil a year, that's honestly doable for the Seahawks, but at the same time they have other guys on the roster that could fulfill his position. If Paul Richardson is healthy, he's the first choice. If not him, Kevin Smith and Kasen Williams are both UW UDFAs too!

Also, him going to the Jags is a "Jags pick up 2nd hand Seahawks" joke, come on guys.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

AAA DOLFAN posted:

We shall see. I also think Dallas is a big possibility for him

There are a couple of teams that could use somebody like Kearse, teams that have a #1 receiver but not a lot after that. The Cowboys would definitely be one, and Texans could use him too. You could do worse than Deandre Hopkins, Kearse, and whatever they get out of Jaelen Strong next year. He'd kind of make sense on the Pats, too. They don't seem to prioritize outside receivers these days, and he'd really be the #3 option behind Gronk and Edelman.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I was talking about D Johnson

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

MrLogan posted:

We have a defensive line, but otherwise, concur. Bortles/Carr going to be the new Peyton/Brady.

Actually that's gonna be Cam/Jameis

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Cam/Wilson is already the new Brady/Manning.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

there's not going to be another Brady/Manning for a long long time

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Ross Angeles posted:

there's not going to be another Brady/Manning for a long long time

three posted:

yah

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

three posted:

4,000 yards is the new 5,000 yards

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

three posted:

I suppose that makes Jameis, Big Ben.

Fitting.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm strapping myself in for Part 1 of Chip Kelly's Wild Ride. Don't you even doubt it.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I'm strapping myself in for Part 1 of Chip Kelly's Wild Ride. Don't you even doubt it.

I think you mean Part 2.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Oh man, remember when we were looking forward to that Kap/Wilson rivalry that was sure to last for years?

three
Aug 9, 2007

Both Cam and Wilson are about to have rings, though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

NC-17 posted:

Oh man, remember when we were looking forward to that Kap/Wilson rivalry that was sure to last for years?

Brady/Manning is an extreme aberration an this kind of thing doesn't really happen in the NFL, especially for two teams that aren't in the same division.

Manning and Brady have played each other 16 times since 2001. John Elway and Dan Marino were the two best QBs in the AFC for like 16 solid years and played each other three times TOTAL.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Cam and Wilson have played 6 times in four years and will play again in regular season next year.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
plus remember when the Panthers signed Cam to that contract to screw over the Seahawks with Wilson's contract? but then Seattle got back at them with Bobby Wagner's contract? Blood runs deep with this one.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Ross Angeles posted:

Brady/Manning is an extreme aberration an this kind of thing doesn't really happen in the NFL, especially for two teams that aren't in the same division.

Manning and Brady have played each other 16 times since 2001. John Elway and Dan Marino were the two best QBs in the AFC for like 16 solid years and played each other three times TOTAL.

IIRC that fact was one of the main arguments for the current schedule.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ross Angeles posted:

Stabler and Bradshaw played against each other like five times in a row in the post season.

Also, Jim Kelly and Marino.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

NC-17 posted:

Stabler and Bradshaw played against each other like five times in a row in the post season.

Also, Jim Kelly and Marino.

Kelly and Marino were in the same division, that's a little different.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Yeah, there's no way he doesn't go for 7 or so.

I'm looking up and down and trying to find starting caliber guards (big upgrade for Miami) so we can keep it around 10 mil a year to upgrade our line. All we need are two guards from free agency, shift Billy Turner to swing tackle, draft someone in the 3rd round range in the thought process of "hm Alberts probably a cap casualty in 2017 because he's injury prone"

The Steelers are probably gonna let Ramon Foster walk. He's been pretty good, not DeCastro or Yanda good, but solid, reliable. Good guy off the field, charming with the media, but he's looking for a big payday, and he's expendable. Kelvin Beachum is probably gonna be a casualty too. It's also time for him to get paid, but he went on IR with and ACL early in the year, and a 6'9" converted tight end filled in for him admirably and will cost considerably less. Beachum is pretty good too

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I don't see anyone I like at a realistic price. I see great options at CB FS and mlb: all starter quality and all can be had for a total of 17 million in cap space rather easily. That leaves us enough for regular draft spending and quality depth. But puts lots of pressure on the draft and I'm not seeing Miami hitting on two guards in the draft. Do we sink 7 million into Alex Boone?

For instance -Janoris Jenkins, Rolando McLain, and Gipson. All starting caliber, with Jenkins a #2 CB, McClain our new mlb, and Gipson starting FS. All big upgrades on our current corps (allows Misi to return to strong side where he belongs, gives Miami a talented underperforming cornerback with both experience and potential, and allows a center fielder at FS so Jones is free to man up on tight ends and gently caress up the opposing rushing attack)

I'm a big fan of using free agency as a two year stop gap. Really think this draft is shaping up nicely for quite a few teams actually

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jan 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

WHOOPS posted:

After what recent guards have signed for recently (Iupati, Franklin, Beadles, Grubbs), anything south of $6m for Osemele is a dream. The cap is also going up too much for Osemele not to cash in at his age.

I think Osemele could command a contract around $8 million per year and could even go higher if teams view him as a LT. I'm hoping he'll be the Vikings top target in FA and that they'll actually be willing to spend money this year, since going cheap on OL last off season burned them badly and it seems like fixing the OL will be their top priority this time around.

• Locked thread