Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Superior Bastard posted:

Came out the same year as Cop Rock. Coincidence? I think not.

1990 must have been a kind of high water mark of the reagan delusion era

suddenly there were two nines and there's only a few years until there's three nines and everybody has to wake up and smell the fact that unbridled capitalism has ruined everything

then terrorism happened and we no longer had a say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

monkey posted:

yeah i have a sperg nephew who was doing OK until he started idolizing sheldon, now he has no friends and gets beat up on the regular at school.

id watch that show

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I know I've never seen anything as bad as the last season (or three) of Dexter. Is.. is there really something worse than that? :ohdear:

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I never watched it but Poochinski seemed ridiculous on premise alone

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
From what little I remember of Allen Gregory, it was maybe made worse by the fact that it ALMOST worked. You had some name talent behind it, some money put into the production, but it's also one of those shows that is almost completely forgotten despite the seething hatred it had at release. If it's on Hulu I might give it a watch just to see where it actually went since I missed most of the series the first go around or if it is maybe BETTER now given how popular the unlikeable/smarmy protagonist figure has become in the last half dozen years.

I think a lot of the complaints did stem from the audience really hating all the characters being terrible people and I believe there was a comment somewhere from one of the showrunners that was the idea and the joke was that they were horrible people and none of them were introspective enough to notice it about themselves or one another.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

There have been a lot of bad TV shows I hated, but I think Allen Gregory was the worst show ever made.

This is a really good choice.

It was a show about terrible people, which can be funny, unfortunately nothing funny ever happened.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I saw a show advertised on hulu about kooky retail workers working in what I guess was a TV walmart. That looked awfully lovely.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I gave Allen Gregory a chance because I'll give any adult-oriented animated show a chance just to see what it's doing (i.e. why it's animated and how), and I can have respect for shows that don't land. Allen Gregory has no good qualities to speak of. It is somehow stupid, boring, and hateful in a way that fosters unsophisticated resentment.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Everybody Loves Raymond was the most generic sitcom ever and worst TV show ever. It couldn't possibly have been more boring and bland.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Pawn 17 posted:

Everybody Loves Raymond was the most generic sitcom ever and worst TV show ever. It couldn't possibly have been more boring and bland.

Totally forgot about that show, and that's the way I liked it. :colbert:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

I gave Allen Gregory a chance because I'll give any adult-oriented animated show a chance just to see what it's doing (i.e. why it's animated and how), and I can have respect for shows that don't land. Allen Gregory has no good qualities to speak of. It is somehow stupid, boring, and hateful in a way that fosters unsophisticated resentment.

when you watch it you feel like the creators personally hate you and want you to suffer, but in like a passive-aggressive and boring way

it's the most amazingly bad show I've seen in recent memory

my personal pick is American Idol

just fuckin die already I hated you from the moment you hit air like a decade ago

reality TV make me want to die

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Survivor is pretty dumb, film people on a beach and make them play double dare or something for 28 days straight

Pretty weird form of rehab

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Just about any post-Lost SF/F TV series focusing on some mysterious conspiracy and the writers have no plan.

ABC's V remake was almost hilariously bad it was and how little it held up.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
it was The Slap, OP

xeper
Feb 7, 2008

$7,005 and counting

Bob James posted:

Muppet Babies.

OK gently caress you IRL.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

huskarl_marx posted:

ever is a tough subject but the show that makes me angry most these days is Two Broke Girls aka Chuck Lorre's Concubine Hour

Kat Dennings is low cut shirts will forever be my jam

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Pick posted:

There have been a lot of bad TV shows I hated, but I think Allen Gregory was the worst show ever made.

Pick posted:

Allen Gregory even ended with a rape, which I think was intended as a rape joke, only there's no actual components of a working joke, so it's just a rape.

i watched every episode of allen gregory as it came out, and it was like having a really bad dream. it was fascinatingly bad and seemingly designed to offend everyone. literally NO aspect of the show worked on any level.

when i saw that chelsea peretti was on brooklyn nine nine, my first thought was "i'm glad allen gregory didn't ruin her career"

edit: as it turns out, chelsea peretti and cristina pucelli are NOT the same person :doh:

JediTalentAgent posted:

I think a lot of the complaints did stem from the audience really hating all the characters being terrible people and I believe there was a comment somewhere from one of the showrunners that was the idea and the joke was that they were horrible people and none of them were introspective enough to notice it about themselves or one another.

but they didn't make everyone terrible. the teacher and the adopted daughter were nice. if everyone had been terrible, then maybe it could have worked (lol no).

Pick posted:

Allen Gregory has no good qualities to speak of.

i remember the intro being kind of nice, but yeah, that's it. oh, also, it was voice-acted competently.

notZaar posted:

For my money it's 12 oz. Mouse.
Adult Swim commissioned a lot of lovely low effort shows, but that one was the worst one.

12 oz mouse was bad, but tom goes to the mayor was WAY worse

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 4, 2016

insufficient guns
May 4, 2009

personally, I would
like to fuck Wall-E

:h: :roboluv: :h:
Wikipedia is on it
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_television_series_notable_for_negative_reception

i would get high and marathon all of these

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
chuck lorre is the undisputed master of beige assembly-line sitcoms

man knows how to crank out product which is then fed straight into the gaping hungry maw of braindead viewers everywhere who desire more, more, ever MORE bland TV Nutrient Paste

the man is a real artist

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

drat, they remade Charlie's Angels in 2011

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

YeahTubaMike posted:

Adult Swim makes and has made a couple of amazing shows (Venture Bros. Rick and Morty, Harvey Birdman, Sealab, to name my favorites) but it also makes a lot of really bland poo poo thats either so caught up in itself that it forgets to be funny or it's just "Art humor" or anti-humor like the meme-tastic "Too many cooks" poo poo .

Atlanta needs to get better vice detectives

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'll argue Tom Goes to the Mayor turned a corner and started to get good after the Sandalman episode.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
The worst TV show I've ever seen is The Tortellis. It's really... it's really bad.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Also, That 80's Show.

Did not realized it starred Glenn Howerton until a few months ago.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Probably Happy Days.

edit: also, Greed: The Series

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 4, 2016

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
There was some Fox show around 2000 that I don't think even lasted the Summer. I saw only a few minutes of it but I think the plot was supposed to be some guys got admitted to an all-girls school and it was played as a dramatic show ala a 90210 sort of thing.

The only bit I remember from flipping through the channels was some girl who dug through the school ethics handbook and found something about how all students must be virgins before and during their enrollment at the school and was essentially trying to get the guys to admit to they'd had sex so they'd be expelled.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
the big bang theory

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

JediTalentAgent posted:

There was some Fox show around 2000 that I don't think even lasted the Summer. I saw only a few minutes of it but I think the plot was supposed to be some guys got admitted to an all-girls school and it was played as a dramatic show ala a 90210 sort of thing.

The only bit I remember from flipping through the channels was some girl who dug through the school ethics handbook and found something about how all students must be virgins before and during their enrollment at the school and was essentially trying to get the guys to admit to they'd had sex so they'd be expelled.

The worst show that I ever watched was a wretched piece of crap called "Sister Kate" which was about a nun with a lovely attitude taking care of a bunch of orphans with lovely attitudes. The show had all of the charm of a dead rat on a plate.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

If anyone likes Big Bang theory I just assume we don't have compatible senses of humor

Mine is good and theirs is bad

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Searched thread for Lexx, no hits. Acceptable.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Kid Nation was an amazingly horrible show.

Like I legit loved it because it was a complete train wreck but it was literally "child endangerment" the reality show.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Firefly. Look at the fans.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

www posted:

reality tv, all of it.

and anything that spawns tumblrs dedicated to making gifs from the show

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Breaking Bad

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Waltzing Along posted:

Firefly. Look at the fans.

Nah, Firefly is a fun show with good actors and an incredibly lovely fanbase of the absolute worst people you'll ever meet at whatever store sells Indian art made by a fat white lady with a screen press and a self given Apache name

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I don't know why it's not The Big Butt Theory instead

They were so close to gold

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
[img]http://imgur.com/gPF1QV6[/img] I tried posting this image three times, and I cent get it to work. imgur is all fucky now

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 5, 2016

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Persons Unknown. It was the worst show I've ever seen.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
the kardashians

Booblord Zagats posted:

Kat Dennings is low cut shirts will forever be my jam

its an ok background show with the volume turned down, prob lorres best work though im just saying that as i havent watched much of his stuff and prob never would

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

I may be new to SA, but I've been playing guitar in the desert and on top of pianos for years

huskarl_marx posted:

ever is a tough subject but the show that makes me angry most these days is Two Broke Girls aka Chuck Lorre's Concubine Hour

Even giant jew tits can't save that show, it's sad really

• Locked thread