Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
The best way to describe my idea is it's the bastard love child of DMC: Devil May Cry and X COM 2.
You are the commander of a rebel organization dedicated to fighting a demonic regime that is controlling the world behind the scenes. You hire operatives, scientists and engineers, go out on missions to destroy propaganda, demonic controllers, soldiers and spies, research demons and their magic and tech for you to use and so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
ill make the wiki, op

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Plz move to Imp Zone. The format of the OP totes fits it.

LotsBread
Jan 4, 2013
here, lemme give my contribution

a sex mini-game

critiques, ideas

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

CrazyLoon posted:

Plz move to Imp Zone. The format of the OP totes fits it.

A. It's a game. It belongs in the Games section.
B. I don't know how to move it.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Classes: (feel free to contribute!)
Assassin: Uses stealth mechanics and assassination to hide, sneak up behind an enemy and kill. High movement. Low durability. Equips knives and light armor, gains sneaking and high-damage assassination abilities, at cost of range.
Techie: Hacker that supports from the backlines. Can hack cameras to gain extra vision, make electronic enemies go berserk, and gains minor healing abilities. Equips light armor, no weapon.
That's it so far. Feel free to contribute.

Junpei fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 4, 2016

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
How anime are we going with the art style? I don't know if I am willing to kickstart this unless it is at least 75% anime stills of characters faces and dialogue.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Junpei posted:

The best way to describe my idea is it's the bastard love child of DMC: Devil May Cry and X COM 2.

Video games can't fall in love and have sex. This is a silly idea, OP.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Fister Roboto posted:

Video games can't fall in love and have sex. This is a silly idea, OP.

It's a metaphor.
And why, pray tell, is this a bad idea?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Do you have a link to the kickstarter so I can donate?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
What makes this more than an xcom reskin, OP? You've hit me with the sizzle, and I'm LOVING it. Gimme the steak.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
when can I preorder

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I had a really good idea for a game last night but I forgot it, I'll post again when I remember it

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
This thread seems awfully familiar.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here

Luceid posted:

ill make the wiki, op

ill do the fanart

here's the player's base city (do not steal)

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I can do voicework if you need it. I'll put up a sample if you like.

LotsBread
Jan 4, 2013

Zomborgon posted:

I can do voicework if you need it. I'll put up a sample if you like.

please do a sans voice for it, it's all the rage

also, as goon member of the pack, i declare myself direct assistan manager of this project, and therefore require all requests to parse thru me

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Junpei posted:

Okay, I'm lurk here after this post.
As a parting request, can you reference Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Xenoblade Chronicles and FF in your next update by your soldiers? Thanks.

Go back to lurking.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

How can I invest in this AAA title?

LotsBread
Jan 4, 2013

Ice Fist posted:

How can I invest in this AAA title?

as modern major general adviser of this project, I advise you to go outside, open your wallet and dump its contents on a hobo

It'll have the same effect as giving money to a twelve-year old shitposter

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Can I send you my resume? I'm ready and willing to quit my job for this.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

crimson haze

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here

Endorph posted:

crimson haze

fartsword

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
I stole this from urban dictionary. OP should print it and tape it to his bathroom mirror.

Ideas Guy
Someone who thinks that game development involves telling a bunch of coders, modelers and writers what to do as if they were a movie director. Usually shows up on various game-related forums and says they have an idea for a game or mod that they need help with. Most don't directly refer to themselves as an Ideas Guy.
Some Dude: Okay, I thought up this AWESOME idea for a game, and I'll need a modeler, mapper, programmer, writer and music composer to pull it off.

Some Other Dude: Lemme guess, you'll be the ideas guy?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

He doesn't even want to be the ideas guy, he wants to be in charge of other ideas guys

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0h62XhSMHo

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Stupei

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
I want to have one of the "Techies" that hacks demons or whatever named after me. I can do the mo-cap if necessary.

Narrator: "Beelzebub is about to eat that orphanage!"
Cool Demon Hacker (me): /furious keyboard hacking /flip down circular flipshades "Not with a 315 credit score, he's not!"

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I did concept art

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

5/5

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Fangz posted:

I did concept art

We've got an idea, we've got a piece of concept art, where is the Kickstarter?!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
squad selection screen

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Fangz posted:

I did concept art

Great, if you could some like angelic, heaven-ships or something, we'll be able to sell them for $900 a pop!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

PantsBandit posted:

We've got an idea, we've got a piece of concept art, where is the Kickstarter?!

Not yet. We need a solid grounding.
For example...
Basic research.
We will have autopsies, interrogations, and researching demonic weaponry and armor. However, here's the twist.
You can research MAGIC.
Once a certain magic using demon enemy unit has been autopsied, you unlock Magical Studies.
Researching that will unlock three things.
A. Magic Forge, which will allow you to enchant weapons and armor with bonus effects, like elemental damage, resistances, and special abilities unlocked by an element/weapon combo.
B. Magic Study, which will allow you to give units magical capabilities, resulting in stat increases and special skills.
C. More magic research for stuff like Fire Magic, Ice Magic, Electric Magic and so on, which unlock not only stuff like elemental grenades, but also unlock stuff for the above two facilities.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

name the five elements

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Oh man, humans fighting against demons and researching magic, what an original idea

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Endorph posted:

name the five elements

Fire, ice, wind, earth, electricity.
That won't be all the elements, though. I'm thinking those five, plus water, light, darkness and summoning.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I dunno, I think including demons and magic in the same universe is a bit of a stretch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei posted:

Fire, ice, wind, earth, electricity.
That won't be all the elements, though. I'm thinking those five, plus water, light, darkness and summoning.
wrong

• Locked thread