Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
That's soon!

For anyone needing help getting hype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I'm so hype I could explode

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I bet I could get in Symphogear G between now and whenever Δ's first ep is subbed.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kylra posted:

I'm so hype I could explode

Yeah.

I really do hope someone streams it, but I'm not optimistic about that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kingtheninja posted:

Are Harmony Gold rights going to keep this off every streaming site?

Lol of course they are

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The funny part is, HG's ownership of the rights isn't even technically valid, because Studio Nue owns the Macross IP in Japan 100% and HG most certainly did not buy the rights from Nue (they did so from Tatsunoko instead)

if the other big American licensors pooled their funds they could probably thunderfuck HG in court over this, especially given that HG pretty much only uses the license maliciously

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

That's soon!

For anyone needing help getting hype:
loving A I'm sold. Looking forward to a new Macross. I've been craving a new one since Frontier ended.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Lol of course they are

I don't really understand their business plan, if they have one.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Major Ricardo posted:

They Licensed out a Robotech miniatures game, that's about it I think.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Major Ricardo posted:

they aren't really a business any more. they squat on rights and occasionally tried to get paid for the privilege.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
New Macross?

Oh hey me caring about anime for the first time in years.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

The funny part is, HG's ownership of the rights isn't even technically valid, because Studio Nue owns the Macross IP in Japan 100% and HG most certainly did not buy the rights from Nue (they did so from Tatsunoko instead)

if the other big American licensors pooled their funds they could probably thunderfuck HG in court over this, especially given that HG pretty much only uses the license maliciously

Might actually be interesting to try and put episodes up on YouTube, region-lock them to America, then use the inevitable DMCA attempt by Harmony Gold to get a court to shoot down their ownership claims.

Any actual lawyers here who can tell me why this wouldn't work, aside from Harmony Gold having a lot more money for legal fees?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

The Sandman posted:

Might actually be interesting to try and put episodes up on YouTube, region-lock them to America, then use the inevitable DMCA attempt by Harmony Gold to get a court to shoot down their ownership claims.

Any actual lawyers here who can tell me why this wouldn't work, aside from Harmony Gold having a lot more money for legal fees?
I sense a goon crowdfunded project.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'll make the wiki.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Sandman posted:

you also dont have the rights

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

LORD OF BUTT posted:

This sounds incredibly similar to the way people try to argue that income taxes are illegal.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Excuse me, I'm a sovereign anime watcher and since Macross concerns the space Navy and is thus under maritime law...

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

Namtab posted:

you also dont have the rights

Hasn't stopped Harmony Gold

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

iirc the Harmony Gold deal was for exclusive distribution of Macross outside Japan forever? That sorta thing would stay with the intellectual property.

Just the sorta thing that happened a lot in the 70s/80s, anime studios not knowing that some of their stuff might have a viable international audience so they'd eagerly sign away for than they should just for some extra cash.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Harmony Gold is lame but they have those rights locked down pretty hard so the only way we'll see a Delta simulcast is if someone wants to pay a bunch to get streaming rights out there.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I'm going to learn all of Japanese in the next 30 hours so I can watch the end of the first ep as soon as it is out.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh, there's new stuff throughout the episode. Not a lot more added to the end of that preview version, but the main dude hops in a mech and starts fightdancing, so that's pretty cool.

Ikenai Borderline continues to be amazing.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It's too bad for the heart haired girl that Max and Milia's granddaughter is going to win the love triangle.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Didn't see the preview version of the first episode back in January or whenever, but just caught the first episode and i'm hype as gently caress. Was a huge fan of AKB0048, and all 3 seasons of Symphogear so I'm 1000% on board with this.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Idols performing while controlling drone swarms is the silliest goddamn thing so I can't help but love it. Purple girl is better than the rest of them combined, of course. None of them can even do a one-handed w.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I mostly skipped through episode 1 since I already watched the preview episode, but I did notice they kind of recut things to go faster. It actually made things a little stilted, but at least it freed up time for the big fight.

I snickered when Hayate's sudden I FEEL THE WIND revelation distracts him and he gets shot down.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Every time the badguys start talking about "the wind" all I can think of is that scene from daily highschool boys.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Breakdance mech-fighting was very cool, and I hope our MC gets to keep it up.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Breakdance mech-fighting was very cool, and I hope our MC gets to keep it up.

Inevitably, he'll find himself coming up short midway through the series and slowly start fighting more like a regular pilot does, until the finale where the music kicks in and he FEELS THE WIND again and styles all over the final boss in glorious fashion.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Can't breakdance in space, and the important stuff always happens in space. But hey, there are enemy aces he could fight on the ground so there will be at least some breakdance fighting.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
the final duel will be a beatbox beatdown against the enemy prince

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Can't breakdance in space, and the important stuff always happens in space. But hey, there are enemy aces he could fight on the ground so there will be at least some breakdance fighting.

Clearly, somebody never watched G-Reco and saw the Mack Knife do its thing.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ethiser posted:

It's too bad for the heart haired girl that Max and Milia's granddaughter is going to win the love triangle.

They can both win. :colbert:

E:

I'm curious to see what the windemere thing is all about, since the badguy squad also seems to have the dealies in their hair like Freyja does; although theirs are cross, rather than heart-shaped.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 4, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Having spent many a holiday camping in the Lake District as a young lad, the crazy power thing being called Windermere makes me lol

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Having spent many a holiday camping in the Lake District as a young lad, the crazy power thing being called Windermere makes me lol

Here in seattle it's a real estate company named after a part of town that is named after that very same Lake District.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

a kitten posted:

Here in seattle it's a real estate company named after a part of town that is named after that very same Lake District.

This is like Gundam 00 all over again with their special gimmick being Trans-Am. :haw:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
I feel like the entire franchise has been leading up to the breakdancing valkyrie.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

I saw that webm of a robot breakdancing to a nice tune and now I have to watch this show.

There's no reason to go back and watch the January preview if I saw ep01, right?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

a kitten posted:

I'm curious to see what the windemere thing is all about, since the badguy squad also seems to have the dealies in their hair like Freyja does; although theirs are cross, rather than heart-shaped.

Well one of them has a drop shaped hair thing, so they could just come in all sorts of shapes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

a kitten posted:

They can both win. :colbert:

E:

Wait, rad as heck purple girl isn't even in the running? It is between the pilot lady and the insufferable hair tentacle girl?

• Locked thread