Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kylra posted:

I thought I was getting over it, but I had to watch the Giri Giri Ai segment again.

WALKÜRE - Ikenai BORDERLINE

Mitsumeatte koi wo shite mugamuchuu de oikakete
Dakedo motto shiritakute MERA MERA shiteru
Negau hodo nazo wa fue omou hodo netsu ni naru
Dakara motto tobikomu no mikai no sekai

Koi toka yume toka dare demo shinjiru kedo
SOKO SOKO semenakya tsumannai yo
GIRI GIRI EYE ikenai BORDERLINE
Gaido G demo subete kowashite miseru
GIRI GIRI MIND sara naru G he to
Ishiki wa tokeru karada wa seigyo funou
Icchau kamo ne

Fuzake atta tomodachi to motomeatta ano toki to
Mata aeru hi no tame ni KIRA KIRA shiteru
Hikaru hodo kage wa deki moeru hodo HIGH ni naru
Hashiru hodo miete kuru abunai RAIN

Jiyuu mo hei wa mo nozomeba umareru kedo
MOTA MOTA shitetara kusatchau yo
GIRI GIRI EYE abunai BORDERLESS
Hijou shiki dane mada kasoku shiteiru yo
GIRI GIRI MIND Genkai tennara nurikaete ii
Hakai to saisei kara watashi wa dekiru

GIRI GIRI EYE ikenai BORDERLINE
Gaido G demo subete kowashite miseru
GIRI GIRI MIND sara naru G he to
Ishiki wa tokeru karada wa seigyo funou
Icchau kamo ne

GIRI GIRI EYE eye ikenai BORDERLINE
Moetsuki nagara mada kagayaite miseru
GIRI GIRI MIND anata no tame ni
Mirai no tame ni nando kudake chitte mo

Aisuru koto de umare kawaru
Aisa retakute ikite kaeru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Teenagers, in my Macross?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I think Do You Remember Love Live was the best suggestion.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AlternateNu posted:

iDOLMONSTER

a.k.a.

But this is good regardless.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

lets hang out posted:

i'm disappointed that the idols don't fly the robots

They do at least fly on the robots.

And there are lady pilots, just not singing lady pilots. As of yet anyway.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kylra posted:

Wild speculation time:

Mikumo is a vocaloid. That's why her age and everything is a mystery and she can make that W gang sign one handed so easily.

Seriously, try to do it yourself.

What this? I'm doing it right now! Both hands even.

that's not me in the pic tho

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

While i'm not sure if i can reach that same conclusion just yet, it's not like there isn't a precedent for virtual idols in Macross.

hmm

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kylra posted:

I'm so hype I could explode

Yeah.

I really do hope someone streams it, but I'm not optimistic about that.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'll make the wiki.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Excuse me, I'm a sovereign anime watcher and since Macross concerns the space Navy and is thus under maritime law...

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh, there's new stuff throughout the episode. Not a lot more added to the end of that preview version, but the main dude hops in a mech and starts fightdancing, so that's pretty cool.

Ikenai Borderline continues to be amazing.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ethiser posted:

It's too bad for the heart haired girl that Max and Milia's granddaughter is going to win the love triangle.

They can both win. :colbert:

E:

I'm curious to see what the windemere thing is all about, since the badguy squad also seems to have the dealies in their hair like Freyja does; although theirs are cross, rather than heart-shaped.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 4, 2016

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Having spent many a holiday camping in the Lake District as a young lad, the crazy power thing being called Windermere makes me lol

Here in seattle it's a real estate company named after a part of town that is named after that very same Lake District.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

tsob posted:

Well one of them has a drop shaped hair thing, so they could just come in all sorts of shapes.

Oh, i'm sure they do. It's not the shapes i'm curious about, more that the entire Bad Team has them while no one ('til Freyja) has them on the Good Team. At least as far as i can tell.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kylra posted:

Ikenai Borderline status: GIRI GIRI MIND

EPISODE 2 WHEN

I AM LITERALLY GOING TO EXPLODE WITH HYPE

So, the word is that the Japanese Blurays will have English subs on them.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-04-04/macross-delta-anime-1st-blu-ray-dvd-listed-with-english-subtitles/.100634

Probably too expensive, but hey it's something!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I see there's raws for episode 2 floating around and that makes me :neckbeard:

Also, i finally thought just to look at gg's site and

ggkthx posted:

Guess we’re going to be doing this (read: committing to it) since Real Legal Anime Sites can’t deal with the licensing clusterfuck that is called Macross. Episode 1 has quite a few changes from the Preview episode (better animation, some change in dialogue, new content toward the end, etc). Enjoy!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kylra posted:

I'm feeling this show.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

kira~

I'm glad the squishy, animate cellphones are still a thing.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sheryl Nome hopping on the Walkure bandwagon.

https://twitter.com/mayn_tw/status/721708095378821121

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Three is out

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm such a goddamn dork.
I totally got chills when Freyja started singing.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Someone theorized it earlier, but I'm also now on board with the idea that Purple Idol is an AI/android. Punching out of the ground, ~mysterious living arrangements ~. Maybe Vers syndrome is nanomachine based and that's why she can fix it.

Also, Green and Red are totally a couple.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

She's obviously the third part of the triangle, she can be that without being a cliched tsundere character though. I like all of the three, they're spunky and tease each other and generally interact in interesting ways.

tumblr gif roundup

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I hated the cat parts. But the rest was great!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Please don't easily disprove my halfassed baseless speculation with "facts" and "things are are actually in the show". :colbert:

i still think there's a possibility she's a robot

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Macross always has good couples/trios who interact in great ways. It's one of the main reasons I still love the series.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kanos posted:

Well, depending on who Mirage's dad was, she could be either 3/4 human or 1/4 human.

I know they haven't said which of the Jenius girls is Mirage's mom, but I hope it's this one.

The macross wiki says that Mylene is her aunt, but i don't know if that's actually true or not.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 20, 2016

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

tsob posted:

Also, if Mirage's mom is one of Max and Millia's kids, and she is, then Mylene is her aunt by default.

Right, if she is her aunt it just narrows the field of contenders by one. And yeah, that's their first so it's Komilla in macrossbabytoss.gif

a kitten fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 20, 2016

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Go get it.
http://www.ggkthx.org/2016/04/macross-delta-04/

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's good! Haven't seen Valkyrie on Valkyrie combat in a while, nor do i recall ever having the opposing force have Songs of their own. Plus, i'm a sucker for having my nostalgia buttons pushed.

also:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Freyja has it pretty easy, she didn't even have to sing about carrots.

I'm getting really mad that Macross music is harder and harder to find on youtube nowadays. :mad:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ah, I've never actually seen any of Macross 2.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ManSedan posted:

So are the Windermere-Ian's an alien species, or some weird humanity offshoot from another colony ship? Some of their stuff from the beginning of this episode reminded me of the :birddrugs: from Macross Zero.

While they haven't said, my guess is modified humans just based on how they and, for example, their shortened lifespan have been discussed so far.

Speaking of modified humans, I like that the people of the sea planet have gills.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah.

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/724671303953833985?s=09

Every character is so good.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That could very well be the case, after posting that I realized that I've forgotten anything I knew about both the spread of humans and any other protoculture races.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

I've only ever watched the original Macross, and then only as Robotech, but its one of my favorite pieces of Science Fiction and one of the formative works of my youth. Would I like this crazy new idol-anime-looking Macross? I'm living in Japan so I saw a bunch of ads for it but I'm nervous about being a huge loving grognard about it not being MUH SERIOUS SPECULATIVE FICTION SPACE WAR EPIC.

As a kid Robotech was Extremely My poo poo as well, and when i decided to watch Frontier (nearly 25 years later) i wasn't sure what i was going to be getting in to. I ended up loving it and it led to me watching the original SDF Macross and i ended up loving that more than even my nostalgia for Robotech led me to believe i might.

That said, i still think it's probable that you wouldn't like this iteration of the series. I'm just sayin, you never know!

Anyway, Macross Plus would be a good place to start if you do want to revisit the franchise.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://zippy.gfycat.com/ChiefCelebratedHamster.webm

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh hey, i stumbled across the galaxy map someone mentioned earlier:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That's a good name that beach has!

• Locked thread