Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Lol of course they are

I don't really understand their business plan, if they have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

Namtab posted:

you also dont have the rights

Hasn't stopped Harmony Gold

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

Triggerhappypilot posted:

I can't be the only one who laughed at ERNEST JOHNSON

Also continuing the tradition of Macross Captain's having to duck to get through doors

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
Harmony gold must rake in the dough licencing tat like this.
https://www.80stees.com/products/robotech-skull-one-sublimation-costume-hoodie
No wonder they don't try to do anything constructive with their "rights".

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

Allarion posted:

I'm sure the military would prefer to forget that particular incident, other than keeping it in mind that vocaloids can totally take control of everything.

I guess Myung's career went nowhere, or maybe she went to jail.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

Kanos posted:

Overall kind of a boring episode but I suppose a necessary one to establish the plot a little more firmly.

At least we got more Dancing Valkyrie and Freyja's cockpit dancing was great.

Now that the plot dump is out of the way, hopefully the preview for the next episode showing action isn't lying.

I was hoping Hayate was going to say he is staying in Delta just to piss that guy off.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
Can Hayate "feel the wind" because he looks to be wearing a Vajra fold crystal?

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

MJP posted:

Although what I want to know is how the heck those sound systems work. It's space. Vacuum. Are they just projecting fold waves? How do fold waves resonate through a vacuum to be perceived as sound? Are they doing some kind of broadcast across all known hailing frequencies? How do you type with boxing gloves on?

Can't stop the Anima Spiritia.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-15/macross-delta-walkure-idol-unit-announces-1st-full-album-zepp-tour/.102131

No worms until June 22.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

Zwingley posted:

Why do a thing normally when you can do it with jpop?

I loving love this show

My neighbours might disagree as I bbq while blasting Perfume.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
If you need help sleeping until the next episode I suggest listen to this at bed time https://play.google.com/music/m/Bar3x3epeio3wbntmwd7icoazhu?t=Deep_Sleep_Music_-_The_Best_of_Macross_Relaxing_Music_Box_Covers_-_Relax__Wave

if waiting for Haruhi season 3 is too much, coma yourself with https://play.google.com/music/m/Bdh...overs_-_Relax__

:chillpill:

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
If you could condense Macross into 1 episode, this would be pretty close to being it.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm really hoping a colourful destroid shows up

Normally they are explosion coloured.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Hoooo-leee-poo poo.

Yep.

I thought he'd leave then come back in the final few episodes before he got pineappled.

Does the idea of love scare Mirage or is she worried that someone else (like Freyja) is going to make a move on Hayate?

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

CryingAthena posted:

Uh, did we get that "MESSER MAKES MY RUNE LIGHT UP" thing with Keith earlier, too? Because that might just be the gayest thing I've seen in this show, even including all the Walkure stuff.

It is only gay if the runes touch.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
That song over the credits, drat.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
Chaos seems a lot slacker than the SMS even though they have a full Macross class ship.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

a kitten posted:

Here is the new ED and song.
http://venuscho.tumblr.com/post/146876752492/macross-delta-ed2-hametsu-no-junjou

GG make with the episode already :f5:

Eh, I still think Northern Cross is better.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

Raxivace posted:

You're right, I shouldn't have been having the dangerous combination of bottled water AND apples today. :smith:

Never drink apple juice from concentrate.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
They won't be laughing at the Bard class now will they.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
So I just realized that the latest Star Trek movie basically used a Minmay attack to defeat the evil aliens

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
With Hayate passed out in the hospital at the end, Mirage could of done a Shinji, but she wimps out. :(

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

Overlord K posted:

This episode just reminded me we'll never have a male singer in Macross again. Fire Bomber was a heavy sign of the musical times just like how now the times are all about idols.

Pretty good info dump episode though, sometimes those are boring as hell and this one somehow kept it interesting.

Well in ten years when they make another, who knows what the musical fad will be. Hopefully not Japanese rap.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

chiasaur11 posted:

I thought there were over 10,000 survivors in Macross City. That's a survivable population bottleneck according to everything I've read.

Supposedly there were a bunch of survivors at the various Grand Cannons being constructed. The Alaskan cannon was the only one finished so I imagine it was targeted after it was fired. Also there was a large moon colony left untouched. So there was somewheres between 100k to 1 million survivors. But using Zentradi there was a mass cloning program as well.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

socialsecurity posted:

So after seeing the new Star Trek I felt the need to rewatch the original Macross and it was great, old but grounded. I had never seen Macross 7 so I got that next, I'm like 8 episodes in but this is the poster-child for everything wrong with 90s anime it's just awful, does it ever get better or I am doomed to god knows how many episodes of "LISTEN TO MY SONG" *stock footage* "THEY DIDN'T LISTEN TO MY SONG" *Everyone loves Basara for reasons?*

They could of done the show in half the episodes so...

Also Basara is an rear end in a top hat and I never could figure out why people put up with his poo poo. Also Milia wanting her dughter to marry at 14 is kind of creepy even for anime. TEAM GAMLIN 4 LIFE

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

Phobophilia posted:

lmao the windermerans are total assholes.

double lmao are the enemy combatants line

They trace their linage back to George W. Bush.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
Can NUNs do anything right?

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

trucutru posted:

Dear Macross Delta: You only have one episode left for Mikumo to kick Roido-sama straight in the balls. Please do the right thing.

I think he may like that...

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
Bet gg will troll us by waiting until Wednesday to release the episode.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
With the way Freyja's rune shines around Hayate, it will only take a couple of years for her to turn to stone. That is when Mirage will have her chance. If she doesn't find someone better before then, which she probably will.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
Is it wrong that I wanted to see more Valkyries dance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

Mordja posted:

Hey remember that whole profiteering, shadow corporation plotline that went absolutely nowhere? What in the sam hell was up with that!

He was basically a Ferengi.
Rules of Acquisition:

#34 - War is good for Business
#35 - Peace is good for Business

• Locked thread