Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
This was incredibly silly in a good way.

I look forward to when it actually starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

He'll be her producer and find joy in choreographing intense dance routines.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I mostly skipped through episode 1 since I already watched the preview episode, but I did notice they kind of recut things to go faster. It actually made things a little stilted, but at least it freed up time for the big fight.

I snickered when Hayate's sudden I FEEL THE WIND revelation distracts him and he gets shot down.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Poor Hayate can't do a single thing without pissing off Mirage.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I was expecting the episode to start with Mirage punching Hayate again.

What I got was even better. :allears:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Your loss.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I really hope they're not just going to straight up redo Sheryl's plot beats with Freyja.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Sorry, but Robotech is probably not the best introduction to Macross.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

"Vicious, petty little low blow" is a pretty big overstatement. The worst he's done was the most recent episode, and that was in reaction to Mirage basically going "hey you two should be just like my grandparents!" when the situation in no way really called for that. Everything else has been minor barbs at the worst, like when he laughed at her assuming he came all the way to another planet just to press charges.

Mirage is so uptight she punched a dude in the face for trying to save his and another person's life. Said dude is definitely way too much of a free spirit, but she pretty clearly has issues of her own.

EDIT: The show seems to be trying to build Mirage and Hayate up as battle buddies at the moment, so if anything I'd expect their conversations to continue to be filled with trash talk.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 4, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If by "being chewed out" you meant "she punched him in the face while he was trying to thank her" then sure. I don't know why you would even expect Hayate to be rational in that situation, very few people would!

More than that, his "yeah well YOU were out of formation!" was a hilariously out-of-nowhere response that to most people wouldn't even begin to register as an actual insult. The fact that Mirage did recognize it as one was supposed to be your first insight into her having self-esteem issues.

Meanwhile last episode, pretty much the entire point of that scene was that Freyja was super on edge and had no idea what she should do. Mirage came in and tried to tell her what she thought Freyja should do, which no matter how well-intentioned was incredibly unhelpful. That's the part Hayate took umbrage to, and that's why he even went on that joyride. So Freyja could have a chance to calm down, think things through, and figure out on her own if she really wants to keep going with Walkure.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 4, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm not really sure how any of the characters in this show are supposed to be unrelatable.

Hell if anything, they're all kinda cookie cutter.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

RIP Bellri.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

That sure was some ~hacking~.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If that were the case, they'd sure as hell be yelling about that.

The short lifespan seems to be a well-known fact, even prior to the rebellion. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually gets resolved somehow, but it's definitely not the NUNS' fault.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's actually the official word on what's going on with Gundam too, not that anyone actually listens since it's tucked away inside a japanese toy manual.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Why would a singer and a pilot need to be good at anything besides concerts and dogfight situations?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The rush Hayate felt back in the first episode while he was flying to Freyja's song was pretty much lifechanging. It's not really that surprising he seems to only really be in the zone whenever she starts singing.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Raxivace posted:

Is Freyja the only female Windermerian we've actually seen so far? I think all of the Aerial Knights have been dudes.

Didn't we see some civilians during the big HEY WE'RE DECLARING WAR broadcast?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

I'd also probably take Alto over Hayate any day of the week.

Oh come on, that's just mean.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Yeah this basically just changes the scene from "well I guess they just got screwed" to "well I guess they're just incompetent".

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Delta was scripted long before the teaser aired. Major last second changes are exceedingly unlikely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Delta just felt like Aquarion EVOL again. Strong start, then one of the more likable male characters dies and the show quickly falls apart because the main couple can't carry the entire show.

Though at least Freyja and Hayate weren't as awful as Amata and Mikono.

• Locked thread