Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It's too bad for the heart haired girl that Max and Milia's granddaughter is going to win the love triangle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

She's a protodevlin.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Also good luck declaring war on a literal galactic empire.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

If someone doesn't want to watch all of Frontier I thought the two compilation movies were really good. The story has some pretty big differences and the animation is pretty.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

If something doesn't make since in Macross just assume it was accomplished due to the power of music and move on.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I like that the Windermere dying around 30 justifies the anime trend of making 30 year olds look 50.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Mogomra posted:

He was in DYRL. Weird.

That just means they've bought into the propaganda spread by the in universe DYRL movie.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

They made reference earlier to Windermere having a war of independence from the Spacy that ended because they used some kind of bomb which makes it seem like they made the spooky glowing crater themselves.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It'll never happen but I'd love for an overwhelming amount of Vars pilots to be about to overwhelm our heroes and from the distance they hear someone shout "Listen to my song!"

Also from this episode Macross space hacking seems pretty hosed up.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I think it's amazing how good Freyja is after how bad Ranka was.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Spoilers from this week.

Hey we found a dude with the super rare power we need to fight this incurable mind altering disease so let's put him in a plane to fly around in and get shot at constantly.

Could have at least given him a DDR pad to fly with like Basara's guitar and made him mecha break dance.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I thought it was cold that we've seen people from the other platoons get blown out of the sky but this was the first time Hayate's ever lost a comrade.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

MJP posted:

I've gone from "gently caress the idols" to "at least not every single episode has a full-on song and dance and it's got Reasons" to "JUST HUG ALREADY"

Delta is good, I want Mirage to win the Hayate but I know too well it's gonna be Frejya

The young new idol girl has never won the love triangle so the odds are solidly in Mirage's favor.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

tbh a shitload of humans being manufactured, thrown across the galaxy, without proper socialization, is an easy way for society to fracture into warfare

maybe thats why theres an epsilon/nuns conspiracy to mind control the galaxy

At one point it did go from UN Spacy to New UN Spacy. What are they not telling us? Why are they hiding the secret purges that happened where the clones killed all the remaining real people on Earth? :2bong:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

They should do a show with Jazz and R&B music. I really want a space dog fight set to a sweet sax solo.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

So... cowboy bebop?

ManSedan posted:

Or Gundam Thunderbolt.

Yes to both of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

They should have just made Walkure pilots. I would have probably complained about it but that would have let them trim some of the characters and Walkure is already in pretty much every combat scene anyway. Hayate even has the special singing powers already. Heck just go ahead and make Mirage a member too and get rid of Delta Squad. It runs in her family.

• Locked thread