Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Serious Frolicking posted:

i dunno if it is just their outfits or what, but 3/5 of the idols in that picture look like little girls.

SPOILER ALERT: 3/5 of those idols probably are little girls.

In fact, this being anime, 5/5 of them probably are, it's just that two of them inexplicably look about a decade too old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

The funny part is, HG's ownership of the rights isn't even technically valid, because Studio Nue owns the Macross IP in Japan 100% and HG most certainly did not buy the rights from Nue (they did so from Tatsunoko instead)

if the other big American licensors pooled their funds they could probably thunderfuck HG in court over this, especially given that HG pretty much only uses the license maliciously

Might actually be interesting to try and put episodes up on YouTube, region-lock them to America, then use the inevitable DMCA attempt by Harmony Gold to get a court to shoot down their ownership claims.

Any actual lawyers here who can tell me why this wouldn't work, aside from Harmony Gold having a lot more money for legal fees?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
So do you think Grandpa Max and Grandma Milia will show up to give Mirage a pep talk and some advice?

• Locked thread