Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
the final duel will be a beatbox beatdown against the enemy prince

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
I'm guessing the Windermere folk we see are native to their planet. A NUNS colony fleet comes in, makes a dogs breakfast out of cohabitation, we get the antagonists. Hopefully we see more soon.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
I love how no one questions the Aerial Knights' magic smoke that forms into the Windermere coat-of-arms.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting they have straight up holographic displays for everything. Just shy of every input device being a Mass Effect-style holokeyboard.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Mogomra posted:

I thought that was something Robotech made up/brought to the table. I could be wrong though. It still makes sense either way.

nope, it's Macross canon (heh) as well IIRC. Convenient excuse to wave off complaints about copy pasting in crowd scenes too.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Also, lots of boldly coming where no human has come before.

For reals, it's amazing humanity hasn't been wiped out by some sort of nightmarish Protoculture venereal disease by now.

there's probably a doujin story somewhere where they cured it via song and dance because it was actually sentient or whatever.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Valkyries are so ubiquitous that civilians in Macross 30 putter around in repro VF-1s as if they were subcompact cars. Various Anti-UN factions have had VF tech, it's not seen as unusual at all.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
zent pride galaxy-wide

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

If I cared enough, that'd be your avatar.

Sadly, meh.

it's ok, the thought still counts :angel:

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
dat white plane

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
a Space Tuna Redux is fine too

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Will we ever see Bogue's alleged sisters? I imagine he must be the meekest thing ever back at home.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Zwingley posted:

So I found a webm of Ikenai BORDERLINE and then decided it was time to watch my first Macross series, knowing gently caress all about anything involved. Here are my thoughts so far:

this poo poo loving owns

Welcome to a long life obsession.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Watch Heinz come in and sweep Freyja off her feet.

Mecha talk edit: I only just realized the Siegfried's autocannons actually flip out when the hands extend. Also that shot with Freyja singing to the NUNS guy makes it look like it shoots 120mm shells, bloody huge bore.

RangerKarl fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 23, 2016

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

BattleMaster posted:

I hope you mean Immelman and the boring-rear end by the books pilot default love interest that I can't remember the name of because Freyja is great

Man even Hayate isn't as bad as he was earlier. I guess spending half an episode with boots in your face will do that to a character.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Apparently it would behoove them to be good at infiltration as well.

It takes a lotta guts to go into enemy territory when you're a literal celebrity, I suppose.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
https://twitter.com/ReisengRath/status/735309994325839878

https://twitter.com/ottocycle/status/735449101442027520

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Argas posted:

So is Japan just unaware that HG is squatting on Macross or do they want to avoid bad blood?

AFAICT they're very aware but can't afford to legally pursue the matter on US soil seriously.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
I wasn't expecting more dogfights right after the Voldor brawl, but ok.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Kinda funny how they seem to have nearly no assets on Ragna except for Elysion. You'd think NUNS would have a few bases on the surface.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
When you have the entire Human, Zentraedi, and god knows what gene pool to work from, skin issues are a thing of the past.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Still hoping for an M30 cameo.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Kanos posted:

It feels like an oversight that Messer's valkyrie is even intact. Yeah he got precision sniped in the cockpit, but the drat thing spiraled out of the air nose first at high speed from high altitude. It seems like it should have ripped itself to bits on contact with the ground or water.

VF-1s are tough enough to crash tumbling into a block of shophouses and still walk around just fine. They're stupid tough.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Kanos posted:

I dunno, they were pretty horrified when Hayate stalled out and was going to smack into some rocks, which suggests that the frame(and the pilot inside) isn't going to hold up to an uncontrolled dive into the ground.

He did switch off his AI assist in that scene, maybe it has something to do with that? The aforementioned VF-1 crash did involve it transforming into battroid mid-dive, which according to the tech background shunts power to the active armor...

Or it could be because of rule of drama. Take it as you will.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
How does a nuke cause an island to grow? THIS BOTHERS ME

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
They probably have pilot profiles and what not copied into their EX-Gears anyway.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
They were in a zero g but pressurized atmosphere. Guess they needed all the momentum.

e: dunno why they didn't just send in a mook with an EX-Gear or something, it seems like the perfect use case for such a scenario.

RangerKarl fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 8, 2016

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Keith restarts his no-hit danmaku streak in this ep. I really hope he's super scarred up under that bandage.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Freyja continues to swallow the lion's share of the chara animation budget (not that anyone's really complaining)

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Xaos: basically a private NSA

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Mogomra posted:

Where was I? In a coma?

You were probably hypnotized by Freyja's song, Hayate.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
She's basically a musical Terminator, really. Living flesh over artificially boosted Fold Receptors.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Liver Disaster posted:

The cure to the var is having two wives.

Al-Shahal should have been immune then.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Argas posted:

It's kind of funny how Windermere keeps bringing up this atrocity as some kind of ultimate crime they can never forgive. Nobody else has suffered more than them after all, nope! Not at all. Certainly not the people of Earth, who are now good friends with the zentraedi.
Betcha they justified the end of SW1 with "oh it's just more Terran agitprop" and ignored everything. It's a very human response.

Kanos posted:

If you made a word cloud of Delta I'm really curious how the size of the word "wind" would compare with "Hayate", actually.

3-way tie between kaze, Hayate, and HOINA

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
POST-FACTO EDIT BECAUSE APPARENTLY I CAN'T DELETE POSTS YET

Does this show smell a little like fixfic to anyone else at this stage?

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
I wonder what the conversation between King Gramia and the tech team responsible for repairing the Sturmvogel must have been like?

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
I suppose it's like hanging up the head of a really pesky lion you just hunted down, come to think of it.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Someone needs to put Roid in jail for child abuse.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
That's why she has a bottle of selsun blue on her dresser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Tae posted:

If delta suddenly went thry have a surprise last minute additional cour like gubdam, would that be better or worse than what the show is currently ending?

This *is* the sudden surprise last minute cour. Add on another one and I seriously don't think we'd have anything worth watching with the way they're writing it now. Give it the film treatment like usual I say.

• Locked thread