Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
*sigh*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
okay so i'm actually watching this now and it's pretty macross. it is also a hoot to see my man shoji kawamori enjoying being relevant with the youths:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i just finished episode 13 and past me was an idiot for not getting in on this sooner

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

doomisland posted:

It's Minmays brain in a jar
she isn't a brain in a jar she's is a charming older lady and i won't hear anything to the contrary, disland. think helen mirren but in space and chinese.

but seriously if that is who Lady M is, I'm probably just gonna pee my are self

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

a kitten posted:

Listen, my poor old heart can't take that sort of thing even as baseless speculation.
i waited for a miracle for all of Frontier and I aint waiting anymore

edit: also while I'm remembering it, shout out to this series for using the penultimate version of Remember 16, which is of course the acoustic version. (the real best version is the western swing version from "Acoustic Fire" which I can't find on youtub)

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 19, 2016

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

tsob posted:

They're never coming back because Kawamori doesn't want to do anything more with Misa, Minmei or Hikaru from popular account and he couldn't even if he wanted to. Minmei's VA Mari Iijima is unlikely to ever voice Minmei since people only cared about her for that role after the show while she was trying to make a career independent of it and she never really made peace with that by the looks of things and Hikaru's VA commit suicide in '93 or something. Given the industry reluctance to recast VA's and how iconic Minmei is I don't see them recasting her and she's unlikely to come back, and without Minmei there's no point going back to Hikaru or Misa.
Mika Doi is still alive and working so Misa Hayase confirmed for Lady M.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Raxivace posted:

Minmei's VA came back to voice Minmei for one of the English dubs of the series (!!!!!) about a decade ago
it's crazy charming, too

Mogomra posted:

It's also on Ultra Fire, and being the only FB album I own, I have to say that that version has worn on me so much that I really prefer the original
man that's a bad opinion. steel guitar makes everything better.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
things getting stale in the bedroom already, you two?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i was almost hoping they were going to kill off the two original Walkure members

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Darth Walrus posted:

Also, Walkure's pre-battle prep is hella weird.
please don't make light of space dandruff

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Mogomra posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WhG0JB7GX8

The compression is a bit poo poo, but it is YouTube. I think the action looks pretty cool in 60 fps, but I don't know if I could stomach the whole movie like this.
wait what the hell how does this work? they deffo don't draw 60 frames of animation per 1 second of screen time

also im deffo the guy that could stomach the whole movie like this, since the offical blurays are pretty dusty

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Mogomra posted:

I'm assuming it's the same process as the higher end TVs that merge two frames together to "double" the frame rate of whatever you're watching.* It's neat, and looks cool, but it's not necessarily the way it's intended to be watched.

* I don't really know poo poo about it, so I could be way off. :haw:
the sped-up pans make me think it's something like this

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i wish this show had twice the animation budget for more breakdancing and idol-on-vf action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Mokinokaro posted:

I bet we won't even find out who Lady M is. It's not super plot relevant currently.

spoilers

• Locked thread