Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jfenserty
Jul 16, 2008
I'd probably start a Oathkeeper, since they have multiple fun active skills, in particular vire's might (a flaming dash). They also have a captain America shield throw and d2 barb whirlwind. After you've messed around with the skills you can pick a good secondary class to complement them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.

Owl Inspector posted:

any other big feature changes like that in the last few years to be aware of?

any suggestions for a build using a DLC class that gets fun during the first playthrough and involves pressing several buttons? just broad strokes for major skills/damage to focus on. I've never made it far into playthroughs after the first.

Another big change is they made MIs with good affixes something you can realistically farm (previously MIs with decent rolls were nearly impossible to get through legitimate play).

Seconding Vire's might (also known as skater) as a great first build. It's fast, powerful and saves so much time moving around.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Do the cultists in Burrwitch Outskirts no longer just randomly drop the key to the door?

szary
Mar 12, 2014
Edit: okay, I misread that. I meant that the cultists in and around the mini dungeon in Wightmire (I think) also can drop the key.

szary fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Feb 11, 2024

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Chubby Henparty posted:

Do the cultists in Burrwitch Outskirts no longer just randomly drop the key to the door?

It's an 8% chance for the key to drop so it's entirely possible to have a bad streak of no key.

Going over to the north side of the East Marsh and the mess of cultists over there will be a pretty good key drop rate if it didn't spawn during your first go.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Wightmire sorry, yeah

Fair enough, started a couple of new pcs and both of them didn't get it outside the door, which I was used to.

It was easy enough to just bother Drini about it - I thought they might have removed the random drop, which would have made sense, as I've only ever done it through him like twice out of .. many.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i, on the contrary, have only ever gotten the key from him and never had it drop

EL Skirvo
Jun 17, 2006

I think Doctor Thunder is probably the best modeler alive today, I just really love all his work.
The key drops a lot more often once you've leveled up a bit and are in elite\ultimate or at least it seems that way to me. If i get the key great, but I still kill Direni for the blood of c'thon reward. It'll drop later

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Loyalist Pack III page is up, haven't played in a while but definitely grabbing this one, I dig the Mogdrogen lightning shaman skin.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2701090/Grim_Dawn__Steam_Loyalist_Items_Pack_3/

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

my controller(s plural) will no longer let me bind the triggers to anything, but the existing trigger default bind works on any of them :psyduck:

can't get any help on their discord and I've tried every combination of controller +/- steam input, in-game xinput and ds4windows I can think of :mad:

EL Skirvo
Jun 17, 2006

I think Doctor Thunder is probably the best modeler alive today, I just really love all his work.
New patch should be incoming today

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-dawn-loyalist-item-pack-iii-is-coming-february-27th/134456

Sneak peak at new monster in Asterkarn, swirly headed cthon dudes hell yeah

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-misadventure-179-heralds-of-blood/134593

edit: They doubled the rep increase on mandates\warrants, so now rep is super easy to get. I'm already honored with homestead\rovers\devil's crossing and I'm barely getting to darkvale and hitting level 40. Should be able to completely skip elite and bounties from now on

EL Skirvo fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 27, 2024

EL Skirvo
Jun 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSgvt2de6z0

In game look at the new loyalist skins, they all look really cool. Cthon set is probably the best but I dig the Rattosh and Mogdrogen ones too

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Picked this game up for the first time in years, and I've remembered how much I like Primal Strike. (I know Savagery is, or at least was, mechanically better. I don't care.)

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

EL Skirvo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSgvt2de6z0

In game look at the new loyalist skins, they all look really cool. Cthon set is probably the best but I dig the Rattosh and Mogdrogen ones too

D4 has poisoned my brain and I expected these to be astronomically expensive from the visual quality of the sets. These look amazing!

EL Skirvo
Jun 17, 2006

Yeah didn't d4 just do some $60 horse armor skin or some poo poo? Not to mention these aren't being blasted at you in game in exchange for micro-transaction season pass currency. I'll probably pick these up eventually to help crate out, they just really love this janky rear end game of theirs and it shows.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

EL Skirvo posted:

Yeah didn't d4 just do some $60 horse armor skin or some poo poo? Not to mention these aren't being blasted at you in game in exchange for micro-transaction season pass currency. I'll probably pick these up eventually to help crate out, they just really love this janky rear end game of theirs and it shows.

Yeah, it's not great. The D4 thread is honestly depressing as gently caress and matches what you'd expect from the quality of the game tbh. Do goons play GD together or anything? I think that'd be a ton of fun with a chill group that wants to mess around and have fun.

eta: I kinda wanna remake my Pox character and just play through stuff again with the "good stuff" from my OG character banked until the new one can use it.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

EL Skirvo posted:

If you have money to waste then don't buy D4, get Last Epoch instead... it feels like a less arduous PoE. :kiddo:

EL Skirvo
Jun 17, 2006

Zeg posted:

Yeah, it's not great. The D4 thread is honestly depressing as gently caress and matches what you'd expect from the quality of the game tbh. Do goons play GD together or anything? I think that'd be a ton of fun with a chill group that wants to mess around and have fun.

eta: I kinda wanna remake my Pox character and just play through stuff again with the "good stuff" from my OG character banked until the new one can use it.

I know multiplayer can happen with GD, but I've only ever done single-player. Maybe once the new expansion comes out later this year there'll be some new players.

Vitality\bleed casters are always a blast. I'm still in the middle of doing every flavor of Rune of Kalastor I can possibly find, so far pure fire, chaos, and lightning have worked out well. Next is physical RoK using the Octavius set if I can farm it in hardcore.

Just Another Lurker posted:

If you have money to waste then don't buy D4, get Last Epoch instead... it feels like a less arduous PoE. :kiddo:

I'll never touch D4, actually I'm one of those freaks who've never played WoW or D3. Online only and no offline option at all (not to mention the marketplace at d3 launch) pretty much put me off blizzard since D2. I've definitely thought about picking up Last Epoch though, it looks like a decent middle ground between POE and your standard diablo clone.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Yeah I have the same opinion about Blizzard, tried D3 at launch and just went ugh, no thanks, wtf happened to you guys

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Played WoW a little bit but never noticed Diablo at all, never got near arpgs till PoE/GD.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

D3 is great now. Buy it on deep sale or something, it's pure fun. Even the current season (first of recycled content) was great.

Been playing LE and having a good time with it. It'll keep me busy for awhile I think. Still looking forward to GD's expansion. Pretty great time to like ARPGs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I really enjoyed D3 a couple years back but it didn’t leave me excited to start a new character after the first two playthroughs. Got to the endgame and there were basically 3 set builds for each class. Even with variations, it didn’t really feel like I was building my ‘own’ character, more like following an in-game build guide.

It’s a good ride while it lasts though.