Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Three things that should be added to the OP

1. There is a button that will auto combine and stack all the components located to the left above a character inventory screen.
2. There is a loot level filter that is to the left of the health bar. It should be a little Grey triangle with stars in it. Click on it to only show progressive higher levels of loot.
3. Its not complete but there are Grim Dawn maps of the first 3 acts: http://maps.grimdawn.es/

There game is amazing and at first I wish it was Titans Quest 2 setting wise Create Entertainment did make their own unique world that really started to appreciate after it was flushed out a bit more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Eonwe posted:

god drat it

I know right?!?! Its like the biggest upgrade Crate could have made over Titans Quest that was the most requested.

Also does it seem more special monster appear in Veteran compared to normal difficultly?

Oh yeah, scan the walls for cracks. There are a ton of secrets hidden behind fake walls.

BexGu fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 5, 2016

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Man, even the Steam guides haven't got a soldier build, lovely or otherwise. I know there's no depth to the click-until-dead class but I just feel like it's not playing well. It does gently caress all damage and I don't have a reliable AoE for mobs. I don't particularly want to multiclass yet since I already feel spread thin at 21...

I'm currently doing a Battlemage that gives a a fair bit of active skills. I'm running with Candace, Blitz, Shock-wave, Shield Slam and Raging Tempest. (I could even through in flash freeze on a easy point) The secret if you feel like you don't have enough skills is to look for components that will give you new ones. Have a shield? Put a battered shell in to get Shield Slam. Want another attack? Put a chipped claw into a weapon and get Slam.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
It sucks that this game starts in a swamp but it does get better. I kind of like colors/setting just because it honest to god looks like a real Eastern European country which is such a refreshing change.

Trying out a Demo/Occultist right now focusing on Fire Strike/nades and cluster bombs while using flash bang and Curse of Frailty to slow down and debuff mobs. Should I be putting more points into Cunning or Spirit since that build is a mix of physical and fire damage.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Caffeine IV posted:

You also start the game with a bag of salt equipped, iirc.

Ha, I was wondering when Crate added that in. Thematically it makes sense since the player character starts the game with expelling a athenal out of his/hers body.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

nerdz posted:

My question is, why doesnt the demolitionist have an atomic bomb like he did in Titan Quest? I just got that skill and it's insane. Might be my masteries, but getting to 50 mastery is rather underwhelming here.

What was the atomic bomb in Titans Quest? Demo here have "The Big One" that fires off near the end of a Mortar lifespan so they don't have direct control of it but can lay down a Mortar and just run around.

Also what are some good devotions for a pistol/rifle Commando focusing on physical/fire damage?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Dahbadu posted:

For your Solider/Demo, I would suggest spreading out your points a little bit more. You'll get more bang for your buck. You may want to consider incorporating Grenadoes for the resistance nullification.

Speaking of Grenadoes is the last skill point on the Grenadoes line (Skyfire Grenadoes) worth it? Or is it more for people that are using lighting to help replace the fire in the Grenadoes with lightning?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Throwing out a poo poo ton of grenades, cluster bombs and flash bangs is one of the most fun things you can do in this game.

If you guys have't been following the Grim Dawn twitter there is going to be a animated story into that shows the capture of the aetherial possessed human who becomes the player character along with VO for main quest lines.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

UNATCO Telephone posted:

After 450 hours, I've decided to try my first ranged build. I was going for something like this: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29742

Arcanist/Solider PRM "Fill The Screen With Bullshit" build. Anyone done something similar?

There is a really fun SpellBreaker build out there where you use Veil of Shadow/Nights Chill to show everything down as it gets close and blow everything up with Sky Shard.

When it crits just right everything goes flying all over the screen,

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
How would you spec out a Shaman/Demo focusing on lighting with stun jacks spec out? Go range or go melee? In either case how would the breakdown between cunning/physical/spirit go?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Caffeine IV posted:

Blackwater Cocktail is like my favourite skill :dance:! Take the transmuter off and stick the Aetherfire proc from Imp on it, then max out the last skill in the BWC line (you can ignore the middle skill, it's not essential.) You'll want to max out the Thermite Mine line for more resist reductions/damage too (Fissure goes well on that). Then it's just a matter of picking up utility skills; Vindictive Flame should be maxed for %total speed, Flame Touched provides good OA and bonuses, Flashbang gives DA reduction and a bit of CC, and Arcanist fills out sustainability through Maiven's Sphere, Mental Alacrity, and Mirror. Snag Reckless Power eventually, and put points in Inner Focus to keep your OA up. Olextra's Flash Freeze caps off the build by keeping damage up in Ultimate, but if you need more mana regen (you will, trust me), drop a few points into Iskandra's Elemental Exchange and one into Arcane Will. Anyways, I guess that does end up with quite a few points into Arcanist, but basically all of your damage will come from the Demo side.

How would this basically work? Be a mage like character that just throws out Cocktails everywhere like a crazy Russian? Would the primary attributes be Physical and Spirit? Would it use a Sword/Board or a rod and a caster off hand? Maybe a pistol + caster off hand or a fire focused rifle?

BexGu fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 23, 2016

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
So I've been playing a Witchblade focusing on Acid/Posion with Bleed and its been a tanky blast so far. Basically I run in with Blood of Dreeg, Cruse of Frailty everything, and then start hitting everything with Arc Blade/Forcewave. Everything either dies from bleeding/poison (weapons have the ichor component in them) or melts from the Acid retaliation. Three quick questions through:

1. I'm around 27 and at a decent point where I have to decided to rush all the way to Possession or go back more into the Solider tree to pick up say Field Command. From the sounds of it either one would be a good choice, any suggestions?
2. Looking at point spread I'm not sure where to invest most of my attributes in. Physical of course but Cunning will help out the bleed damage while Spirit will help with the Poison/Acid so I'm a little unsure of the spread to aim for.
3. Devotions: The first devotion I got was Scorpion Sting and it has been amazing so far. I ultimately I want to go Scorpion String -> Anvil -> Ghoul to get me enough points for Affliction. Or are there some better devotions for that build.?

Now to focus on getting the Perdition set cause hot drat that sucker it tailed made for this build.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

MrBling posted:

That is the most from classes yeah, but you can use this http://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/1307-Black-Grimoire-of-Og%27Napesh for a nice summon as well. There's an empowered lvl 75 version of it too.

There is also a BlightShare Amulet that summons one of those posion bug spitters: http://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/3826-Blightshard-Amulet. Little guy has a decent AoE damage attack and keeps at a distance.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Ghost of Starman posted:

Hmm... how should I be thinking about adding the second class (I decided on Soldier/Demo)? Like, if I'm feeling kind of underpowered as a pure Soldier, will a few levels' worth of stats from the Demo mastery be the best thing I can do to help? Or is there something in particular I should be working towards?

Go into Demo and put some skill points into Flash Bang and its modifier Searing Light. With just a few investment of points all of a sudden monsters will have a harder time hitting you and you'll have a easier time hitting them.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

rj54x posted:

Hey guys, picked this up when it was on sale and am just starting act 2 on veteran difficulty. I'm running an occultist/soldier, and while he feels powerful, he also feels incredibly.... well, boring to play. I looked at some build guides online and followed their advice of stacking points on solael's witchfire, sigil of consumption, and cadence. The sigil is very strong, but dull as poo poo (throw magic circle on ground, wait for things to walk through it and fall over) and otherwise i'm really just using cadence which as far as i can tell is just an extra pop on every 3rd default melee attack.

How can I respec this character to be more "active" to play? I like explosions and gore and having a taskbar full of varied abilities, and it seems like the advice of most build guides is to stack one active skill and a bunch of passives. I'm not concerned at all about him being elite-viable, I just want to be more involved in combat than sigil - click click click - sigil.

Have you added any completed components to you gear? A ton of them provide extra skills to use on your hotbar without wasting any skill points.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Mordja posted:

Anyone try any mastery mods? There's a Chinese one that adds four more classes (including an ever-popular necromancer), a slew of related items, and is apparently feature complete as of this week. No clue if it's good and balanced though.

Where are they located? Steam workshop?

That's pretty cool I didn't realize modding had gotten to that point beside custom maps. I always liked the custom masteries people made for Titans Quest but they where a pain in the rear end to manage and install.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Dahbadu posted:

I'm considering putting a warning in the OP about not playing on normal difficulty, at least when combined with a pet build. Unless you like sleepwalking through content. :)

Once the expansion hits, there should be more people coming to this thread and starting characters. I hope it'll give chances for people to form gaming groups to play through the content. Multiplayer is where it's at, especially with using a mod to increase difficulty.

Could also start going into the mods/masteries people have been creating. Some of them look pretty nice but I have no idea on the overall balance/quality of a bunch of them listed here: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Any word on when the expansion is coming out?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

soscannonballs posted:

Ive been playing Grimarillion while roleplaying as the marine from Doom. I am Outrider/Terror Knight with the Marksman ability from Outrider. All my other skills are just toggles/passive so its really basic, but Marksman is such a broken skill you don't need anything else.

Ha that sounds fun as hell. I think I'm going to give that a try. I just wish there was a grimcalc like thing for Grimarillon so I can build a character while bored at work.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
The only knock I have against Grim Dawn is that I really wished the first maps or so didn't take place in a god drat swamp. Really should have opened it up with rolling wheat fields like Titans Quest did before getting to the weird/grimddark stuff.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
So are the big things for the next expansion is one new class and the movement system? Or is there another class?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Dootman posted:

Oh finally, they put in an npc that allows you to move iron bits between characters. His name is Garrus and he's in that cluster of npc's next to the first rift gate in the expansion area, next to the stash npc.

How long does it take to get to the new expansions area? Just kill the Warden?

Also what really goes Oathkeeper? Demo or Occult?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Dr_Gee posted:

Both go super well.

Almost TOO well. Basically I've used those two masteries for almost everything and I was wondering if there was any additional variety I could make work with OathKeeper.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
It was just so refreshing to open up a ARPG and the first few levels are this nice peaceful fields of grain and beautiful Greek country side littered with open areas and trees.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
If they go back to ARPG's after their next game I really hope Crate can get the rights back for Titan's Quest 2 in a brand new engine. Grim Dawn was fun but it would be nice to go back to ancient Greece/Egypt/China again.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
If I pick up the latest expansion at the next sale do I have to go through the whole story again to get to the new areas like the first expansion?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
What throws people off is that they think the only spells/attacks in the game are on the Skill Tree. A lot of additional skills are on items/components that can be mixed and matched at will and you don't really find out about them until a couple levels into the game. And they looks weak at first until the scaling of your talents/attributes/etc comes into pay.

I do wish the utility window would show you how much say something like Fireblast does after adding in all of the players talents/attributes.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Better grab the mod now before Blizzard turns the D2 Remaster into the same mess as Warcraft 3 Reforged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Unfinish3d posted:

oh, the iron dropped on top of the tree branches and couldn't be grabbed

Its good to see problems from the original Titans Quests are still around (items falling into bottomless pits).