Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Goddamn texas plays in Morgantown and Lawrence this week. We've had a ridiculous schedule so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostOfMagellan
Mar 12, 2012
N: Purdue annihilates Rutgers by 50 on the road lol.

V: Get out of the conference Rutgers you garbage fuckers.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

GhostOfMagellan posted:

But every tv set in NYC had that game on!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Who wouldn't trust Coach Law and Order Special Victims Unit Suspect

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Illinois and Rutgers can both go. This IU game is just painful to watch.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I think the Mighty Northwestern Wildcats have a legit shot of beating Illinois this year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Iowa State beats Oklahoma and now KU is losing to Oklahoma State. Big 12 is bonkers.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

GhostOfMagellan posted:

How is Rutgers so bad at pretty much everything?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Thoguh posted:

The Enemies of Rutgers Athletics are legion

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

This is pretty much Rutgers' default setting.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
What is Rutgers' best sport?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
IIRC they're good at like women's soccer or some poo poo like that. And they have an okay wrestling team but not one that's going to be competitive in the Big Ten.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Henchman of Santa posted:

What is Rutgers' best sport?

Probably Women's Basketball. Football, Basketball and Wrestling are all pretty crap, and the only other sports named on their athletic department's wikipedia page are Women's Soccer and Men's Lacrosse.

Apparently they have decent Quidditch team?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Yoshifan823 posted:

Probably Women's Basketball. Football, Basketball and Wrestling are all pretty crap, and the only other sports named on their athletic department's wikipedia page are Women's Soccer and Men's Lacrosse.

Apparently they have decent Quidditch team?

Oh right. Can't believe I forgot the Imus controversy

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Their women's basketball team has generally been good since they hired C. Vivian Stringer away from Iowa but they kinda suck this year too.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

We've matched our win total from last season and it's only January 19. :) We also have two SEC road wins already and we haven't had more than three in a season since '08-09.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
News: Virginia Tech is second in the ACC right now.

Views: :getin:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
News: 60% of the top 5 has lost in the last 48 hours.

Views: Go Wake Forest (e: and Seton Hall)

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bama down makes Auburn's first consecutive SEC wins under Bruce Pearl (outisde that nice little run we put together at the conference tourney last year). Guards are dropping like flies so this has to come crashing down sooner or later but Cinmeon Bowers is playing the best he ever has after getting benched a few weeks ago.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

buddhanc posted:

Goddamn texas plays in Morgantown and Lawrence this week. We've had a ridiculous schedule so far.

I am not terribly confident about this game.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm weirdly nervous about this Minnesota game. Michigan will be without Levert again and their defense is capable of losing most games. Rationally it should be a blowout, but I'm just seeing it as a disastrous trap game coming off 3 straight tough games with far superior opponents

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I'm weirdly nervous about this Minnesota game. Michigan will be without Levert again and their defense is capable of losing most games. Rationally it should be a blowout, but I'm just seeing it as a disastrous trap game coming off 3 straight tough games with far superior opponents

Hahahahha

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Y'all are still pretty good even without LaVert and Minnesota's only saving grace at this point is that they are not Rutgers.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

MourningView posted:

Y'all are still pretty good even without LaVert and Minnesota's only saving grace at this point is that they are not Rutgers.

Maybe I underestimated Minnesota's badness. Seems like a scary game coming off a tough loss with one day of practice, but yeah, I checked out their recent results and yikes

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Yeah... looks like kenpom has Michigan by 17 in that game.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Looking forward to Nebraska beating Michigan State for a third straight time tonight :shepface:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Corn fed white dudes are our Achilles heel.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Whatever Uthoff is being fed with it ain't enough. And the dude who did most of the damage for us in both games against y'all was a Sudanese refugee who is decidedly unwhite.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

We're kinda lacking in that category this season. Got a frosh from Australia who occasionally gets hot off the bench and a 6'8" frosh from suburban Des Moines who starts pretty much to serve as a body because our once-touted big man hasn't really panned out and would get winded walking through a room with shag carpet

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Maybe I underestimated Minnesota's badness. Seems like a scary game coming off a tough loss with one day of practice, but yeah, I checked out their recent results and yikes

It hit -11 here the other night and I don't think people would have taken free Minnesota basketball tickets even just to be inside for a couple hours.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am not terribly confident about this game.

I'm not either. So I guess we'll just see how things go down. Basically the only way we beat yall is if we make our 3's

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

Whatever Uthoff is being fed with it ain't enough. And the dude who did most of the damage for us in both games against y'all was a Sudanese refugee who is decidedly unwhite.

Honestly that second game felt like everyone from Uthoff down to the end of the bench was destroying us

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Real Name Grover posted:

Looking forward to Nebraska beating Michigan State for a third straight time tonight :shepface:

:smug:

:shepface:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Arkansas hosts Kentucky tomorrow. The last time Kentucky came to BWA this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfWo3OqqPbc

So I am hoping for an equally cool finish tomorrow

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Well, Michigan did have their worst shooting game imaginable and still managed to win, so I feel like I was both right to be worried and that yes Minnesota is a real bad team

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Well, Michigan did have their worst shooting game imaginable and still managed to win, so I feel like I was both right to be worried and that yes Minnesota is a real bad team

At least Rutgers can kind of blame injuries, Minnesota is just really bad.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Houston Baptist is tied for first in the Southland Conference. I would have thought they had never been to the NCAA tournament since they were in the NAIA for most of the 2000s... but apparently they were in the preliminary round of the 1984 NCAA tournament and lost to Alcorn State. They were coached by Gene Iba, nephew of Hank Iba. They also apparently completely dropped basketball for the 89/90 and 90/91 seasons. And from 2009-2012 they played in the fabled Great West Conference, may it rest in peace. I guess what I'm saying is that I would read a book about the history of Houston Baptist basketball.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

chaoslord posted:

Arkansas hosts Kentucky tomorrow. The last time Kentucky came to BWA this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfWo3OqqPbc

So I am hoping for an equally cool finish tomorrow

Kentucky is terrible, so this outcome is likely.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

vikingstrike posted:

Kentucky is terrible, so this outcome is likely.

I really hope someone can teach some of their players how to play basketball soon. I think Ullis gets it and Lee knows his role but their freshmen are not even playing in the same game as the rest of the players on the court sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Doesn't even matter what happens to them this year though because they have another 5 or 6 five star players coming in next year. They'll take their chances with the new crop being better and win a poo poo load probably.

• Locked thread