Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm at Welsh Ryan Arena for a wrestling meet and holy poo poo Northwestern plays basketball in a glorified high school gym hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So how far are we away from #1 SMU? Assuming they'll keep winning, they're gonna jump Miami, though WVU will probably jump above them. How far will Maryland drop after their loss?

I just want to see a team that's at the top of one poll and completely off of the other because they can't go to the postseason.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Providence losing really put a nice little bow on this week setting fire to the Top 25. Let's recap the last week:

1 Kansas - Lost to West Virginia
2 Oklahoma - Did Not Lose
3 Maryland - Lost to Michigan
4 Michigan State - Lost to Iowa
5 North Carolina - Did Not Lose
6 Villanova - Did Not Lose
7 Xavier - Did Not Lose
8 Miami (FL) - Lost to Virginia and Clemson
9 Duke - Lost to Clemson and Notre Dame
10 SMU - Did Not Lose but is still ineligible for the postseason
11 West Virginia - Lost to Oklahoma
12 Providence - Lost to Seton Hall
13 Virginia - Did Not Lose but has lost two of their last three
14 Kentucky - Lost to Auburn
15 Texas A&M - Did Not Lose
16 Iowa - Did Not Lose
17 Iowa State - Lost to Texas
18 Arizona - Did Not Lose but has lost two of their last four
19 South Carolina - Lost to Alabama
20 Pittsburgh - Lost to Louisville
21 Louisville - Lost to Clemson
22 Baylor - Did Not Lose
23 Butler - Lost to Villanova
24 Purdue - Lost to Illinois
25 Gonzaga - Lost to BYU

So, we have 15 teams that lost a game in the last week, two more that have stumbled a lot recently, and the only unbeaten team cannot go to the NCAA Tournament. The moral of the story is, don't gently caress with Clemson, apparently.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think we can officially say that Iowa is on a roll now. I think they'll drop a few more down the stretch (I think Purdue will get their revenge on us, and Maryland will probably smoke us, along with one or two dumb losses to like, Wisconsin or Indiana or OSU or someone), but they're playing some drat good basketball right now, and should be knocking on the door of the top ten tomorrow.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MourningView posted:

I mean we played awful for long stretches of this one against a good Michigan team and still won by double digits. And went on a huge run with most of the starting lineup on the bench, including Uthoff. I'm sure they'll have another off night or two but if someone is playing better right now I want to see it.

Let's do a Final Four For This Week with Iowa, SMU, Clemson, and Oklahoma.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Henchman of Santa posted:

What is Rutgers' best sport?

Probably Women's Basketball. Football, Basketball and Wrestling are all pretty crap, and the only other sports named on their athletic department's wikipedia page are Women's Soccer and Men's Lacrosse.

Apparently they have decent Quidditch team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
News: 60% of the top 5 has lost in the last 48 hours.

Views: Go Wake Forest (e: and Seton Hall)

• Locked thread