Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
WVU is ranked 10th and I don't know how I feel about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
It kind of sucks we have to play OU this week now though cause some of the bump we'd get from beating #1 is gonna get lessened when OU runs us out of the gym again

still beating #1 for the first time in my life was cool

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Dear god, if we beat Oklahoma (never gonna happen) we really could be #1. :stare:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

WVU really impressed me tonight.

I thought we'd get run out of the gym. I think we proved we belong in the discussion for a 1-seed

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Lessail posted:

N: unnamed source saying pitino is interested in unlv job

V: gently caress it just throw out names lol just like how the boosters will somehow get archie miller lol or jay wright lol

this city be crazy when allowed to dream again :holy:

archie miller is a possibility. jay wright is not.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Lessail posted:

hahaha no way, don't give me hope so it can only be crushed

Y'all are a way better gig than Dayton. Would be a great fit for him, good recruiting class, excellent facilities. No reason to think he wouldn't be interested.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

For some stupid reason, ISU is playing Texas A&M in the middle of conference play next Saturday. Nothing like having to go on the road to visit a top-10 team, sandwiched between KU and WVU.

BIG XII/SEC challenge was moved to February

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

buddhanc posted:

Goddamn texas plays in Morgantown and Lawrence this week. We've had a ridiculous schedule so far.

I am not terribly confident about this game.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

it is entirely possible we lose tonight

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

OctoberBlues posted:

In the sense that anyone could technically lose on any night, I would agree.

We struggled with them on their home floor, and are not playing our best.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Michigan plays Rutgers tonight at home, should be an easy win, but also losing to Rutgers at home would be the most humiliating thing to ever happen in the history of sports, so it's a little anxiety inducing

John Beilein attempts to talk up the opponent:

Beliein has lost to worse, in fairness.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I'm pretty sure he actually hasn't, not because he hasn't lost to horrible teams (NJIT last year..) but because Rutgers is actually that horrible. In fact, Michigan only played two non conference opponents who were ranked lower in Kenpom than Rutgers.

They beat Charlotte and Youngstown State (both ranked higher than Rutgers) by scores of 102-47 and 105-46

I don't think mocking Rutgers is ever going to get old, so maybe Jim Delaney was right to invite them into the Big 10

just kidding he was wrong because they stink lol

I'll look when I get a chance, but I feel like losing, at home, by like 20 to Northeastern was was worse.

Or the team that went to the Elite 8, losing to a 5 win Marshall team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

WVU's Jon Holton, who has been having an incredibly good year and is hugely important to our press, has been suspended indefinitely ahead of the Florida game for a violation of team rules :350:

He's, I am told, likely to miss Iowa State and possibly Baylor as well.

It was fun while it lasted, idea we might be a top 2 seed.

• Locked thread