Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

kiimo posted:

Somehow the Frank Haith hire got even worse...

Goes for Tulsa too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Gonna go ahead and prepare myself mentally for the UNC national championship about to ensue and thank various entities that I'll be nowhere near ACC territory when it happens.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Maybe I underestimated Minnesota's badness. Seems like a scary game coming off a tough loss with one day of practice, but yeah, I checked out their recent results and yikes

It hit -11 here the other night and I don't think people would have taken free Minnesota basketball tickets even just to be inside for a couple hours.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Duquesne's basketball team got back home after getting stranded on the turnpike in the snow for almost 24 hours, on their way back from a game at George Mason. At one point they hung out with middle schoolers from Iowa who were likewise stranded in a school bus in the next lane over.

On another topic entirely, Minnesota blew their best non-Rutgers chance for a conference win tonight by losing to Illinois in OT. They're now 6-14, and 0-8 in the B10. And the only two people on the roster who can shoot are both graduating. Good thing Norwood Teague (you remember, the drunken sexually harassing institutional embarrassment) gave Pitino Jr a contract extension and a million-dollar buyout before the season began.

elentar fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jan 24, 2016

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

OctoberBlues posted:

Iowa is up to #4 in the coaches poll. Would be #3 if one coach had put them in the top 10 instead of at #14...

Odd. Wonder which:

USAToday posted:

The board for the 2015-16 season: Randy Bennett, Saint Mary's; Jim Boeheim, Syracuse; Todd Bozeman, Morgan State; Glenn Braica, St. Francis Brooklyn; Scott Cherry, High Point; Tim Cluess, Iona; Ed Conroy, Tulane; Keith Dambrot, Akron; Cameron Dollar, Seattle; Scott Drew, Baylor; Matt Driscoll, North Florida; Steve Fisher, San Diego State; Bruiser Flint, Drexel; Mark Fox, Georgia; John Gallagher, Hartford; Matthew Graves, South Alabama; Ray Harper, Western Kentucky; George Ivory, Arkansas-Pine Bluff; Ben Jacobson, Northern Iowa; Rob Jeter, Wisconsin-Milwaukee; James Jones, Yale; Mike McConathy, Northwestern State; Greg McDermott, Creighton; Chris Mooney, Richmond; Matt Painter, Purdue; Randy Rahe, Weber State; Heath Schroyer, Tennessee-Martin; Joe Scott, Denver; Zach Spiker, Army; Wayne Tinkle, Oregon State; Bob Williams, UC-Santa Barbara; Mike Young, Wofford.

Is Painter that petty?

Anyway, Maryland will be an interesting test for Iowa, Terps have played absolutely no one at home yet and lost to the three best teams they've played on the road. Related: gently caress Maryland.

elentar fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

OctoberBlues posted:

That was my first thought - I wonder how low Virginia's chances of winning were?!

According to his box score, minimum win probability was 0.2% at 70-63 with 22 seconds left, after they'd just turned the ball over. The graph looks even starker:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread