Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Senerio posted:

Her Infantry's 100% in AWDS.
Yeah, but AWBW uses AW2 statistics when possible, so RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Endorph posted:

Yeah, but AWBW uses AW2 statistics when possible, so RIP.

That I did not know. Ah well. I'm double screwed, what with "being bad at the game."

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Senerio posted:

That I did not know. Ah well. I'm double screwed, what with "being bad at the game."

i have never won a game of advance wars against a human opponent

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Slur posted:

I never liked Jess due to her 90% infantry.

Eh, the way I see it mechs are only spammable when you have a lot of bases but not a lot of income, while infantry can only really shoot infantry. And their health is only important in steps of "Full, >5, none" so whatev on defense. Jess doesn't lose out on lovely infantry.

Now, lovely b-copters sure. Most maps have a lot less airports then bases, tho.

Most maps don't even have seaports. Someone make a cool big naval heavy game where carriers actually have a use tia

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Just three more for diplomacy game, btw.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Endorph posted:

everyone's making ffas, so here's a 1v1 for whoever

Game: meet me in the parking lot

Pass: goon

Players: 2

Banned COs: Colin, Grit, Hachi, Sensei, Kanbei, Nell, Javier, Sami, Lash, Sturm

Banned Units: N/A

Link: http://awbw.amarriner.com/gamescurrent.php?maps_id=47721

Good game, Endorph.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gg. hawke 2 strong.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Eh, the way I see it mechs are only spammable when you have a lot of bases but not a lot of income, while infantry can only really shoot infantry. And their health is only important in steps of "Full, >5, none" so whatev on defense. Jess doesn't lose out on lovely infantry.

Now, lovely b-copters sure. Most maps have a lot less airports then bases, tho.

Most maps don't even have seaports. Someone make a cool big naval heavy game where carriers actually have a use tia

I wish we had DoR carriers. SEAPLANES.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

DoR had a lot of good things

ps Slur join the diplomacy game

and then one other nerd

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

DoR had a lot of good things

ps Slur join the diplomacy game

and then one other nerd

Nah.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I did my best.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

c'mon we just need one more for what definitely won't be a big clusterfuck of deception and intrigue

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I joined the Diplomacy game, looking forwards to half the players dropping from inactivity and half the players being Hawke. Halves may overlap.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

sami is apparently the wonder goto, actually

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Just wished to say that after a few days of being down, the site is back up and ready for use again. If anyone wants to set up a few games against me, I'm free for the good portion of the day.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

That lasted a while.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

That lasted a while.

God dammit.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

amarriner posted:

Hey all, Got an email about AWBW being down and a post in this sub reddit was mentioned so I thought I'd post here. I brought it back up and put something in place to (hopefully) automatically fix this specific problem on a nightly basis until I can find time to troubleshoot it.
I know AWBW is ancient and poorly coded, and I'd love to be able to update it to something more modern I just don't have the time to do that at the moment, sorry. As it is, AWBW is just a money drain for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy people are still playing and enjoying it. I guess I just wanted to say I know it's really clunky, and say sorry about that, heh.
Someday I'll be able to do something about it, but for the time being I'll do the best I can to duct tape things that need fixing as quickly as I possibly can. Thanks for playing.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Advance_Wars/comments/433dw0/awbw/

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Heads up especially for the Goon Diplomacy players, the site is finally back up again. (let's see how long that lasts this time.)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

KennyMan666 posted:

Heads up especially for the Goon Diplomacy players, the site is finally back up again. (let's see how long that lasts this time.)

Maybe we'll complete turn 1 this time.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Whelp

Didn't even last 12 hours.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

KennyMan666 posted:

Whelp

I can't wait for 2017, when we finally start turn 2.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

KennyMan666 posted:

Whelp

I'm never gonna get to start my tournament at this rate.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

Maybe we'll complete turn 1 this time.

we did it

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

:toot:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Not only is the site up again, the e-mail notifications actually work again which they haven't done for ages.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Jess would be way cooler if she wasn't the garbage poo poo Jess for idiot babies who eat their own poop, aka AW2 Jess.

also i appreciate that sturm makes recons feel viable outside of FOW games and the first ten turns

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Let's play a team game!

Pass is goons, banned COs are the usual. OS and GE are on team A, BM and YC B. (IE top versus bottom.)

I wanted to make it a capture map so it has a more exciting climax but I couldn't really get a good feel for the prop count. Oh well.

:siren: comm towers spotted, javier allowed :siren:

ninjaedit: also it's 2k a prop

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 4, 2016

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i am bad please don't be on my team

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Looper posted:

i am bad please don't be on my team

lol I guess I have to set everyone's team

which becomes difficult if I dunno which slot you took. I'm in OS, where you at loopz

Roonerspism
Nov 12, 2010
Top-right position is CI, they haven't changed their colour.

EDIT: actually speaking of, turn order is OS then GE then BD then CI (I may have got the last two swapped around) so that team pairing gives first turn advantage to OS/GE

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

lol I guess I have to set everyone's team

which becomes difficult if I dunno which slot you took. I'm in OS, where you at loopz

i'm cobalt ice/player 4

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here's a 1v1 game

the gimmick is tags are on. so have fun with eagle/sami or whatever. pass is tagoon

also i forgot to ban cos but im too lazy to fix that, so make the most broken combos you want. i have a Plan.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

awh poo poo that's ice-ice baby not BM

why would you do that the turn order :(

Oh well.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
aw, i was wondering if funds per turn affected sasha's ability, guess not

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

IRC channel for AW and goons who play it:

irc.synirc.net #awgoons

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Amarriner posted:

Switching Hosts

The current hosting provider for AWBW is raising their hosting costs as of the next time I have to renew which is around March/April 2016. I can't really afford to stay with them so I'm moving to another host. I've begun the process of moving things, but I don't have a lot of time to test to make sure everything is working so I'd like for some users to help out if at all possible.

For now, you can reach the new host at awbw.bulletriddenlich.com. It has all the data from the main AWBW site as of February 4, 2016. Please try playing some games, creating/editing maps and generally try doing whatever it is you normally do on the main site. Just keep in mind that everything you do on the new site will be wiped once I make the final migration. So you may not be able to finish games, potentially, and any design map stuff you do will not persist to the new server after the migration.

Of course after everything moves, things will persist as usual. I don't have a final date for migration yet because it'll depend on how much testing happens and in what timeframe. I'll try to keep you posted as much as possible. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to email me at amarriner at amarriner dot com or @amarriner on twitter.

Source: http://awbw.amarriner.com/news.php

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i know we're all here to have a good time but yooo please don't be that guy who takes like a week on one turn

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Game: goonbaby

Pass: goon

Players: 4

Banned COs: Colin, Grit, Hachi, Sensei, Kanbei, Nell, Koal

Banned Units: N/A

Link: http://awbw.amarriner.com/gamescurrent.php?maps_id=35628

lots of cities and fairly spread out, so it won't devolve into tank and b-copter spam probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

Banned COs: Koal

smh

• Locked thread