Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
what is problematic about the cow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
can someone please tell me if im supposed to be triggered by the cow or not :confused:

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

katlington posted:

I consider them a slap in the face to true marching bands which require mental focus and military-style precision. I watch the DCI National Championship each year, and if any band came in with the Stanford "marching band" type of show, they would never even qualify. The DCI Champions are what marching bands should strive to be.

To put it in football terms, Stanford has a B-team junior high level band... and they should strive to be like the NFL champions.

What I don't like about all of this is the amount of attention the Stanford band is getting. I'm sure they will have no problem finding band geeks from anywhere wanting to be part of the next kewl/hip troll job in order to be part of "something". Because of all the attention the media and Iowa fans are giving this the Stanford marching band accomplished exactly what they set out to do. Do you think for a minute if they had come out and given the greatest, respectable, half time show ever that anybody would even mention them?

I don't like what they did and in talking to people at the game what they said over the PA system was also disrespectful. But it is the world we live in and as some have responded in this thread evidently "we live in the 50s/60s" and are "thin skinned" so we should just put up with it.

source your quotes please

• Locked thread