Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

quote:

The Stanford marching band showed an unparalleled level of disrespect with that stunt they pulled. The fact that Stanford employs ****** bags such as their band director is appalling.

quote:

Iowa isn't stuck in the 50's. And if it were, why should that be made fun of?

quote:

These people think they are ALL so intellectual and put themselves on quite the pedestal and there is nobody smarter than them.

quote:

I consider them a slap in the face to true marching bands which require mental focus and military-style precision. I watch the DCI National Championship each year, and if any band came in with the Stanford "marching band" type of show, they would never even qualify. The DCI Champions are what marching bands should strive to be.

quote:

Freedom of speech is a privilege and with that freedom comes great responsibility and respect. I have seen in recent years that precious gift of freedom that many men and women fought for has been manipulated.

So what could have caused such an outrage?

The Stanford Band used a cow during the Rose Bowl halftime show.

Some more outrage.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Booblord Zagats posted:

In Georgia's defense I could see my homestate only being mad about that because we thought Paula Dean was gonna do a guest appearance and then feeling ripped off by a celebrity look-alike

In 2011, she was the Rose Parade Grand Marshal. I'm sure the folks from Wisconsin were happy to see her.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Hot Jam posted:

I like corn

That's Nebraska.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Neutrino posted:

Football in general upsets me. If I wanted to see men in tights play with balls I'd go see a drag queen show.

Waka Waka

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

The Iowa Senate is getting involved.

quote:

The actual language of the bill would bar "future collaboration and cooperation," but that apparently would not include a ban on intercollegiate athletic contests between Stanford and any of the three schools. And with those things ruled out, that would mean this bill would bar actually important things like academic research.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Clearly you guys aren't reading the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Mange Mite posted:

So cows are the hookers of iowa?

That's a mean thing to call the citizens of Iowa.

• Locked thread