Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

THINGS TO DISCUSS

-The World Title Series is almost over!

-Impact Wrestling is on Pop now, on Tuesdays

-James Storm may be back after a cup of coffee in NXT.

I'M SORRY I'M LATE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

it's okay, nobody cares

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
I'm down for some EC3 belt holding

(it's going to be Fatt Hardy)

edit: if there's spoilers i don't read them. I prefer to absorb my stupid live.)

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Wait so I remember TNA making a huge deal about how the Knockouts were also in this tournament and they were revolutionizing the business and such

It seems like there were two of them, and they each got eliminated in the first round by guys who got eliminated in their next matches?

The gently caress's even the point, then? When the WWE puts a woman in the Rumble, they typically let her eliminate some midcard clown in a feel-good girl power spot of some sort. What was this supposed to accomplish for anyone involved

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

Wait so I remember TNA making a huge deal about how the Knockouts were also in this tournament and they were revolutionizing the business and such

It seems like there were two of them, and they each got eliminated in the first round by guys who got eliminated in their next matches?

The gently caress's even the point, then? When the WWE puts a woman in the Rumble, they typically let her eliminate some midcard clown in a feel-good girl power spot of some sort. What was this supposed to accomplish for anyone involved

They taped 100 random matches in the span of 4 days to fill up time and had no idea it would be a tournament. They bullshitted one out of their heads to make up for nobody being able to defend the belt due to their TV situation. 2 matches just so happened to be intergender

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
The point is they only had so many matches already taped and so many outcomes already done and they were locked the gently caress in.

edit: Is pop on directv? Second question, should I even watch.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I love how the explanation is always worse than whatever I was assuming

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

pathetic little tramp posted:

edit: Is pop on directv? Second question, should I even watch.

yeah I think it's somewhere between 250-270 and no of course not

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Did anyone watch it? Was it any good? Did AJ Styles come down out of the rafters? Did the Hulkster show up? Were there more than 200 people in the audience? Did Jeff Hardy do a Triple Lindy?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gorgolflox posted:

Did anyone watch it? Was it any good? Did AJ Styles come down out of the rafters? Did the Hulkster show up? Were there more than 200 people in the audience? Did Jeff Hardy do a Triple Lindy?

TNA proved they don't understand Mike Bennett and only signed him because they heard he was liked by making him the focus of the Bennett/Maria debut, instead of focusing on the actual star.

The most startling thing was that I swear half the non-wrestling segments were someone talking about how the wrestlers they would be entering a feud with are boring.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Mike and Maria have signed apparently.

It's like getting a ticket to the Titanic after it has hit an iceberg.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
All I can think about today is how low the viewership numbers will be.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

All I can think about today is how low the viewership numbers will be.

Apparently the channel was entirely dark on Time-Warner Cable so look forward to Mecca using that to handwave the 200K viewership they'll get.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Someone call Children's Aid

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Man that baby has a lot of hair.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I miss V1 Cruiserweight Champion Matt Hardy with his MFers Shannon Moore and Crash Holly.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

What was Bennett's new gimmick? Any links to his debut?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thauros posted:

What was Bennett's new gimmick? Any links to his debut?

His new gimmick is that he's Chris Jericho with a hat

He did a pretty decent promo about being the saviour of wrestling, I guess. He came off well though the crowd had no idea whether to cheer him or not and settled on doing nothing.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

flashy_mcflash posted:

Apparently the channel was entirely dark on Time-Warner Cable so look forward to Mecca using that to handwave the 200K viewership they'll get.

200K would probably be a small victory at this point.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Someone call Children's Aid

This gif is making me angry. gently caress whoever thought bringing that baby along was a good idea.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that huge PREVIOUSLY RECORDED watermark is great. Was it on there all show?

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah I went to turn on the last 30 minutes since it sounded like a wonderful mess and it was so bad it crashed my cable box I guess. I hope next week they Halloween Havoc it and show the entire episode over again in the slot.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I watched TNA. It was a show. The wrestling was bad. The end.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

This gif is making me angry. gently caress whoever thought bringing that baby along was a good idea.

I know, I was really upset when I saw it too and she is not holding it like any human being should hold a baby.

e: also notable in that gif is a horrifying vision of what Izzy will look like in the future.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

fart blood posted:

I miss V1 Cruiserweight Champion Matt Hardy with his MFers Shannon Moore and Crash Holly.

Matt Hardy Version 1 was so great, the fact that they stuck him in the Dead-End-By-Our-Own-Design Cruiser Division instead of pushing him toward the Main Event scene sucks. It's also not surprising since the Main Event scene at that point was meat men like Scott Steiner, Goldberg, Brock, Batista, and Early 00s Triple H with Orton and Benoit both in the midst of being buried for not being meaty enough.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I just want to hear the mecca swallow their disappointment at the BIG NAMES that TNA would of course secure for their POP debut being James Storm (again), Kong (again) and Maria's husband.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Blasmeister posted:

I just want to hear the mecca swallow their disappointment at the BIG NAMES that TNA would of course secure for their POP debut being James Storm (again), Kong (again) and Maria's husband.

Fortunately or unfortunately, the AJ to WWE stuff prepared them for it ahead of time. It would've been delicious if the WWE article about them came out during Impact instead of just before.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Blasmeister posted:

I'm so god drat sad for James and Kong. Its great they're getting paid and all, but Storm would be so much better off in NXT by every metric except pure cash, and Kong needs to retire before she seriously hurts herself trying to, like, move her neck.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Did EC3 beat Matt clean in the middle of the ring?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Golashes posted:

Yeah I went to turn on the last 30 minutes since it sounded like a wonderful mess and it was so bad it crashed my cable box I guess. I hope next week they Halloween Havoc it and show the entire episode over again in the slot.

I have TWC and mine worked so :iiam:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Grendels Dad posted:

why do you hate maxel

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ayn rand hand job posted:

why do you hate maxel

Look at him no-selling his father's beatdown and shame. loving amateur.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

flashy_mcflash posted:

Look at him no-selling his father's beatdown and shame. loving amateur.

Should never been broken into this business! Because I'm not fake! My father's not fake! I'm not naming any names but Maxel Hardy... should never been broken into this business...

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
TNA just might be the best wrestling company out there today.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
did he really name his loving baby Maxel

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

And Jeff named one of his kids Nera

Lita dodged such a bullet not being part of that family

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Maxel sounds like the name of an action figure in a Chinese bootleg five-pack called ACTION FORCE JUSTICE FRIENDS

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

do you think I could make up a stupider name if I tried

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ProWrestlingSheet says WWE offered Storm a sub-$100k NXT contract and TNA offered "2.5 times" their offer in Panda Energy money (guaranteed even if they pull the plug on TNA) plus better merchandising royalties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if that's true, Storm might be smarter than Kevin Nash.

• Locked thread