Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

did he really name his loving baby Maxel

Never underestimate the ability of white people to think of horrible baby names

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

DJExile posted:

Its like weapons-grade white trash poo poo

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Maxel Folly Hardy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DJExile posted:

sorry Matt Hardy is too busy rolling around in millions of dollars with his playboy bunny wife to conform to your lovely puritanical naming conventions.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

That's only true because Matt Hardy rolls everywhere

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Luigi Thirty posted:

ProWrestlingSheet says WWE offered Storm a sub-$100k NXT contract and TNA offered "2.5 times" their offer in Panda Energy money (guaranteed even if they pull the plug on TNA) plus better merchandising royalties

if I were James Storm, I'd be looking at it this way: no way does TNA actually survive the entire length of his contract, so he should do everything he can to make sure they fold as early as possible so he just collects a bunch of guaranteed money while not wrestling

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mob posted:

That's only true because Matt Hardy rolls everywhere

lol

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Luigi Thirty posted:

ProWrestlingSheet says WWE offered Storm a sub-$100k NXT contract and TNA offered "2.5 times" their offer in Panda Energy money (guaranteed even if they pull the plug on TNA) plus better merchandising royalties

As few as two appearances on an Internet-only WWE show is enough to get TNA to roll out the red carpet for you.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

if that's true, Storm might be smarter than Kevin Nash.

Is he? The very, very most TNA could've offered him is under 250K and in reality is probably a whole lot less.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Maybe but he's still worth nowhere near that much money.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
James Storm is a serial liar.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Better than a serial pusher of people in front of trains.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

Mob posted:

Maxel Folly Hardy

this beverly hills cop remake looks poo poo already

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is he? The very, very most TNA could've offered him is under 250K and in reality is probably a whole lot less.

250K and wrestle maybe 3 times a year? not bad imo.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

250K and wrestle maybe 3 times a year? not bad imo.

They have five straight days of taping this week. He might wrestle 100 times.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

They have five straight days of taping this week. He might wrestle 100 times.

because of their taping schedule james storm cut a promo about how good it felt to be back in tna even though he's been gone for a couple weeks

oatgan fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 6, 2016

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So TNA rolled out a new website.

http://impactwrestling.com/

It uses Wordpress. But hey, that's not bad. I have plenty of clients who use Wordpress. But lets see about the theme backend.

Oh.

TNA spent $59 on their new website. :laffo:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

It uses Wordpress. But hey, that's not bad. I have plenty of clients who use Wordpress. But lets see about the theme backend.

Oh.

That's more than they paid most of their talent on-time last year. Progress!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

DarkstarIV posted:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh.

It's so many steps down from their old website it's hilarious. Even Mecca thinks so.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

I'm so happy

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Also the site still links back to their old website Roster page THAT STILL HAS KING MOTHERFUCKIN MO AND AUSTIN ARIES ON IT

http://www.tnawrestling.com/roster/Wrestler-Roster

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They'll be back any day now you'll see!!!!

ed: lol

quote:

IMPACT Breakdown: A New Champion 1/5/2015

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

It's TNA, we should be lucky it doesn't say 1/5/19115

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The full episode is posted on POP's site if anyone wants to subject themselves to it:
http://poptv.com/post/136762107828/impact-wrestling-premiere-full-episode

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I was watching it on and off on Time Warner, there was a screen with colored bars right before Mike Bennett came out. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I sent the rumor into WOL and Bryan said that all he can say is he's very skeptical so that dirtsheet is full of poo poo

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

Matt Hardy Version 1 was so great, the fact that they stuck him in the Dead-End-By-Our-Own-Design Cruiser Division instead of pushing him toward the Main Event scene sucks. It's also not surprising since the Main Event scene at that point was meat men like Scott Steiner, Goldberg, Brock, Batista, and Early 00s Triple H with Orton and Benoit both in the midst of being buried for not being meaty enough.

Wasn't V1 only around in 2003? I don't think Batista and Orton were anywhere near the main event yet

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
744,000 viewers, +3s and +7s might put them over a million. https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/684777584094130176

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

#ThankYouDixie

quote:

hu_baddboi • 13 minutes ago
255K viewers for the 9 p.m. airing, according to Showbuzz Daily

Impact was the 129th ranked program on Tuesday night. I don't think they usually cracked the top 150 on DA, for what it's worth.

Chris Regal Moderator hu_baddboi • 11 minutes ago
Slightly lower than I expected. TNA have some work to do.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Don't believe the lies, that's not counting everyone who watched on the Pop site and who will watch after seeing ads on Days.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahahaha

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

And if you were wondering how that compares to their debut on DA.....

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

They forgot to count all the half-views for Comcast subscribers

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

DJExile posted:

that huge PREVIOUSLY RECORDED watermark is great. Was it on there all show?

That clip is probably from the second airing. The first had a LIVE watermark, though I'm told it was actually shot earlier that day.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
The 2006 moment happens at 53:05 at this link:

http://poptv.com/post/136762107828/impact-wrestling-premiere-full-episode

The single person yelling "2006?!" is pretty funny and then about 10 people try to get a 2006 chant going, but they have even less interest than i do in finishing thi

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Wait I thought Bram was fired

Spideycloned
Aug 5, 2004

Starfleet Dental

In Dear Leader, we trust.

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

They forgot to count all the half-views for Comcast subscribers

Yeah. I work for them and knew we used that as our guide channel. That changes Thursday but still watching TNA last night and seeing the program guide I got pretty excited at times. But only when finding out The Last Samurai was coming on and I could change away and get better TV.

Edit: Also that the guide cut out Matt Hardys gut.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Only 'suspended until proven innocent', and once he was ruled not guilty, John Gaburick immediately met him outside the courthouse and had him sign a multi-year contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Mel Mudkiper posted:

They suspended him for 2 months. Those 2 months had no tapings at all so he basically never left.

• Locked thread