Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

The website immediately went down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

It's my understanding that whoever wins the poll will literally just be working the tour dates and tapings then with very vague words said about "seeing how things turn out."

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

in an attempt to save WIll Ospreay and Jimmy Havoc i voted for Big Damo

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Oh so it's just the UK Impacts? I thought they got offered contracts.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

poll is back up. voted Havoc so I can see how TNA desperately tries to edit out the Jimmy You're A oval office chants.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
TNA: The website immediately went down.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

super macho dude posted:

poll is back up. voted Havoc so I can see how TNA desperately tries to edit out the Jimmy You're A oval office chants.

Given how consistently TNA seems to make the wrong goddamn decision about basic things, I would guess they don't.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

Oh so it's just the UK Impacts? I thought they got offered contracts.

Probably a tryout thing with a deal offered if they like how the person looked

All the same, rooting for Damo because I don't hate Havoc or Ospreay enough to wish them this, regardless of if it's for just one week or longer

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

coconono posted:

if I remember right, Christian got lowballed in his contract renegotiations from WWE and went to TNA in an effort to improve his leverage in subsequent negotiations with WWE.

Also IIRC his family was local to TNA so he wouldn't have to tour as much.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Also IIRC his family was local to TNA so he wouldn't have to tour as much.

He was going to get out of wrestling for awhile but TNA offered him good money, few dates and no travel.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

In honor of David Bowie we should change the thread title to Station to Station

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

oatgan posted:

In honor of David Bowie we should change the thread title to Station to Station

My favorite album by him :unsmith:

Sadly everyone I talk about Bowie to keeps telling me he banged a 13 year old so he deserved to die. :smith:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

oatgan posted:

In honor of David Bowie we should change the NJPW thread title to You've Got a Habit Of Leaving

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

fart blood posted:

My favorite album by him :unsmith:

Sadly everyone I talk about Bowie to keeps telling me he banged a 13 year old so he deserved to die. :smith:

Well at least 20 years in the pen

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

People needing to upgrade comcast for poptv now is funny

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Manik/TJ Perkins contract with TNA wasn't renewed.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
When was it that TNA got so pissed off about fans booing their terrible angles that they had someone come out before the show to tell the crowd to be good and to not boo or say bad words?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OldTennisCourt posted:

When was it that TNA got so pissed off about fans booing their terrible angles that they had someone come out before the show to tell the crowd to be good and to not boo or say bad words?

2010, right after Hogan and Bischoff came in.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

OldTennisCourt posted:

Ungh the name that they gave themselves is right on the tip of my tongue. I a sure it was peak douche.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

neonbregna posted:

Ungh the name that they gave themselves is right on the tip of my tongue. I a sure it was peak douche.

Just found video of it (it's garbage quality sadly with some dude making jokes next to the camera https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOwBJu5Hfzk). The guy says fans are "cast members" and must act as such.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

neonbregna posted:

Crucial Crew.

Watch Osprey, Havoc AND that other guy work the tapings to have warm bodies, but the one who wins the poll get TNA to look at him and maybe offer a contract.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

rotinaj posted:

Crucial Crew
Unfh this is triggering me

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

288,000 viewers this week, up 33,000 from last week. 0.12 rating. 106th on Tuesday night.

THIS COMPANY WILL NEVER DIE.

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
TNA haters lost

lol at dogshit dave

They'll be at 400k within a month

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I feel oddly good for them and I have no idea why. They're a lovely company run by lovely human beings and objectively it would be better if they were plummeting. Maybe just the idea of wrestling doing better than expected even if it's still pretty bad

That doesn't stop me from hoping they still implode and get kicked off POP

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Not so fast

Meltzer posted:

The new season of Total Divas debuts on 1/19, and will go head-to-head with one of the hours of Impact. One of these shows will suffer due to that and it won’t be Total Divas.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

288,000 viewers this week, up 33,000 from last week. 0.12 rating. 106th on Tuesday night.

THIS COMPANY WILL NEVER DIE.

You forgot 70,000 for the replay.

Hater.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

oatgan posted:

In honor of David Bowie we should change the thread title to Lazarus

Because it keeps loving coming back

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i watched the hbo phil spector movie and talked to someone involved and he said it was bs

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://zippy.gfycat.com/ReadyAstonishingAnemone.webm

:stare:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

That is some bullshit.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Some of those girls are good to okay wrestlers what the hell happening in TNA

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lmao the wave bye bye

RealFoxy posted:

Some of those girls are good to okay wrestlers what the hell happening in TNA
i really hope these limited tna dates are paying mia yim better than her regular indie schedule!!!

oatgan fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 14, 2016

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

That's bringing up memories of Jenna vs Sharmell. I don't want memories of Jenna vs Sharmell.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
One Night Only snowflakes

Tigre Uno vs. DJ Zema Ion vs. Crazzy Steve vs. Mandrews **3/4
Rockstar Spud vs. Aiden O'Shea *
Mike Bennett vs. Robbie E *1/2
Women's Gauntlet match MINUS**1/2
Trevor Lee vs. Pepper Parks *1/4
Abyss vs. Grado DUD
The Wolves vs. Kurt Angle & Drew Galloway vs. Jessie Goderz & Eli Drake ***1/2
Lashley vs. Tyrus *
Beer Money vs. Eric Young & Bram ***

Benne fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jan 14, 2016

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Shine posted:

That is some bullshit.

I think you'll find that that is wrestling.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Jesus christ.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld2nWfIap2k

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

marti belle is sitting on the apron, impotently kicking her legs like a child

velvel says "yeah, this is good. THis looks good" and waves bye bye to her defeated opponent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

oatgan posted:

marti belle is sitting on the apron, impotently kicking her legs like a child

velvel says "yeah, this is good. THis looks good" and waves bye bye to her defeated opponent

At first glance I thought she was hitting Marti's hands to break her grip and was the smartest person in wrestling, but it turned out she was the dumbest.

• Locked thread