Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

seiferguy posted:

I dunno, if you die, you automatically aren't having a good year.

I didn't really think that counted. You aren't really having a bad or good year anymore if you're dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

half my answers revolve around metal gear solid. don't disappoint me people

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
drat, i didn't put meme games for all my answers guess i'm screwed.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

ImpAtom posted:

I did pick Kojima for both Best 2015 and Worst 2015 though just because I figured he'd get one or the other just for recognizablity.

oh thank god

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I did the same thing with Kojima because on the one hand, loving Konami, but on the other, he's finally free!

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I think I did Toby Fox best, Kojima worst. Either way, yeah, going heavy on Metal Gear and Undertale will probably be the safe bet this year.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
What the hell does meme game mean

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Artix posted:

I think I did Toby Fox best, Kojima worst. Either way, yeah, going heavy on Metal Gear and Undertale will probably be the safe bet this year.

I said Miyamoto because Mario Maker.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Game that I don't like, but everyone else does.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Top Hats Monthly posted:

A game with a rabid fanbase that act like it's the second coming of christ and run it into the ground by referencing the game until everyone is sick of it. Best example is Portal.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

CJ posted:

A game with a rabid fanbase that act like it's the second coming of christ and run it into the ground by referencing the game until everyone is sick of it. Best example is Portal.

So basically every game ever made?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
"Oh gently caress guys, none of my answers are related to games that are popular"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CJ posted:

you had a calvin piss avatar

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I'll be surprised if anyone chose my answer for "best game nobody played".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Slur posted:

I'll be surprised if anyone chose my answer for "best game nobody played".
was it trails of cold steel

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Endorph posted:

was it trails of cold steel

It was Trails of Cold Steel

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Slur posted:

It was Trails of Cold Steel
high five

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Endorph posted:

high five

Woo!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

It's truly a tragedy that no one played Smash Bro 4. It could have been the crowning gem of this generation of games.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
I was gonna go with undertale for my votes but i went with witcher 3 since that seemed to be more "mainstreamly" popular in threads on sa i've been reading, though who knows if options have turned around.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Endorph posted:

you had a calvin piss avatar

What does someone buying me an avatar have to do with things?

Wanton Spoon
Aug 19, 2007

Senior Burgeoner

Don't fight about Undertale yet, there will be plenty of time for that when the results come in

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
What interpretation did people go for for the most artistic game? I couldn't decide between Bloodbourne for best art style or Undertale for games as an artform.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I went for Undertale. If I were going for shits and giggles, I might've gone with Her Story for being art™, but this is sheep game.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

I had thought Undertale had come out last year for some reason so I don't think I included it in any of my votes.

So I'm probably hosed.

Wanton Spoon
Aug 19, 2007

Senior Burgeoner

I forgot that last time "artistic" was generally interpreted as "game that is pretty" so maybe my vote is going to end up wrong

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Wanton Spoon posted:

I forgot that last time "artistic" was generally interpreted as "game that is pretty" so maybe my vote is going to end up wrong
I think I put Mario Maker for that because it seemed like the safest answer while also being the correctest. Probably should have just put 'Undertale' for everything...

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Bobby The Rookie posted:

I think I put Mario Maker for that because it seemed like the safest answer while also being the correctest. Probably should have just put 'Undertale' for everything...

I think I ended up putting Splatoon for that one.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Correctest is never the correct answer.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Artix posted:

man, even people who have heard of undertale haven't heard of toby fox

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

PleasingFungus posted:

man, even people who have heard of undertale haven't heard of toby fox

that might make it a bad sheep game answer, but it's a great answer to the question in general since he released the most critically and financially successful indie game of the year three months ago?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Zombies' Downfall posted:

that might make it a bad sheep game answer, but it's a great answer to the question in general since he released the most critically and financially successful indie game of the year three months ago?
Yeah it is, dude is in his early twenties and he's already made several mill off of Undertale sales on Steam alone.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 13, 2016

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I put Toby Fox as well becuase i honestly couldn't think of anyone else who i could say have a noteworthy "good" year.

Wanton Spoon
Aug 19, 2007

Senior Burgeoner

I'd hope Toby Fox is at least somewhat recognizable as a name, considering the game slams a big "UNDERTALE by Toby Fox" title card at you at two particularly significant moments in the story.

But Scott Cawthon is the other indie developer who made tons of cash this year without really expecting to. I probably should have stuck to one answer, but for some reason I picked Toby Fox as the "person who had the best 2015", and Scott Cawthon as the "company with the best year", even though he's not a company, because he's the only one I could think of who put out more than one successful game this year.

Probably not too many other people used that logic, but I didn't know how else to pick out one company as standing out more than the others as having a better year.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
I flailed for someone who had a 'great' year. Iwata or Kojimi would have been obvious answers for worst, but all I could think about for someone who had a lovely year was how much Tim Schafer's reputation has been run through the mud, so I put him. Granted, this was in the making for the last few years, but I feel like this year kind of solidified his status as a polarizing figure.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

He's managed to get people to believe he'll put together another Psychonauts in a reasonable amount of time within budget, it's been a good year for him.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
Kojima had the best, and the worst year.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
All right, time to get this show on the road! Here's how this is going to work:
  • I'll be alternating between two types of posts: a post with the current standings (after people have actual points) along with a preview of the next question, and a post with the results of that question. There will be about 5 minutes between posts.
  • There were a couple of cases where I grouped similar answers into one group, and a couple other cases where I left them separate. Please don't bitch about me grouping/not grouping your answer unless I honestly hosed up and missed something with a spelling error or whatever. There were only a couple of iffy cases and they all would only have made a few points' difference.
  • Each question preview will have a couple of images of possible answers. Please note that :siren: these may or may not have anything to do with how many people gave that answer. :siren: The images are meant to give an idea of what some people selected, and to get you thinking about possible answers you might have forgotten.
Got it? Okay, here we go:

Question 1: This video game company had a better year than any other game company in 2015.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Underwhelmed posted:

Kojima had the best, and the worst year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Question 1: This video game company had a better year than any other game company in 2015.

Nintendo - 21
chaosargate
Kaboom Dragon
mabels big day
Zombies' Downfall
Junpei Hyde
blakelmenakle
Endorph
THE AWESOME GHOST
Capsaicin
The Iron Llama
True Blue Triumph