Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

Free to Play Indie 3D Browser MMO HTML5 / WebGL
www.titansoftime.com

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmngAe4oZsA&hd=1

Overview
With no required downloads, in moments you can become a hero of a fully interactive fantasy 3D world set in a fictional ancient time. There are 4 classes to choose from and and ever expanding large world to explore. We offer full PVP and what we think is some solid PVE in our instanced temples.

Who made it
We are a very small (2 person) team who are determined as hell to make this game as enjoyable as possible. We have been working on this for several years and are nearing what we hope is a stable game at least for beta. We have gotten feedback from very poor to very good, so I guess its a matter of personal preference. We have put a lot of work in to this and keep making improvements on a daily basis. We hope you give it a fair shot and let us know how it went. Chrome is currently the best for performance, Firefox is decent, IE is meh. Oh and here are some screenshots:

Screens

titansoftime fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
You can buy ugly shoes in this game, which sums up the entire game if you think about it.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

That are some giant rear end cobblestones.

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

If "The Amazing Bulk" animators would've made an mmo it'd have been Titans of Time.

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

It's sort of like "Project Gorgon", you know, the other mmo made in Unity by 2 people over the course of several years, if you take away self-awareness, skill, or shame.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I like all the shots of a tiny static model in the middle of a landscape of some kind.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Can someone animate the last screenshot so the monster is doing a little hula dance?

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
Was willing to give this a try. I know my PC is a few years old, but I can run full 3D games like Warframe and Arkham City with no problem. "Titans of Time" OTOH was giving me about 3 frames per second even in the text entry boxes during character creation (running in Chrome). That's as far as I got.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

titansoftime posted:

We have been working on this for several years and are nearing what we hope is a stable game at least for beta. We have gotten feedback from very poor to very good, so I guess its a matter of personal preference.
:raise:

titansoftime posted:

Registered Feb 3, 2014
:eyepop:

At some point this must have passed the point of "could we" and became more a question of "should we" and by god you decided "Yes, yes we should." I hope this thread goes the way you dreamt since registering.

cool arm bones

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jan 6, 2016

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

How does this compare to EPIC SPACE? Is it totally epic? Fully epic and completely MMO pvp sandbox and loving it? Can you gently caress With People?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
One of the classes is "Philosopher" which is pretty rad. I hope all of the abilities revolve around using logic to make your enemies kill themselves.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This game is pretty charming, watching the big retarded looking bear slowly dash towards you while smiling a little and then watch him jump into the air in slow motion to expose his poorly formed and disproportionately large chest as a form of attack is awesome. Although I don't know what calling down a "cosmic blast" has to do with philosophy.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Still more of a game than Star Citizen.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Still more of a game than Star Citizen.

LOL!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Wow it is like someone turned the PS1 version of Everquest into a browser game with worse graphics

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Adam Bowen posted:

This game is pretty charming, watching the big retarded looking bear slowly dash towards you while smiling a little and then watch him jump into the air in slow motion to expose his poorly formed and disproportionately large chest as a form of attack is awesome. Although I don't know what calling down a "cosmic blast" has to do with philosophy.

I'm a huge fan of that bear and I was wondering if you have any plans for pet classes

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
After much toiling and tinkering, our cheif admin Hobbes, along with his partner in crime Calvin, decided Titans of Time was ready to go live for it's very own beta along side current popular Browser Based MMORPGs. However, the beta as you see it now, is most certainly not what it was then. Two years, five complete alterations in art, a revamp in character models, an entire user interface overhaul, and a laundry list of other tweaks, the only constant for our admins and Titans of Time, is change. As we change, we grow, and we are growing with our players every day.

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO
Hi all, thanks for trying us out, not sure I understand the "Hitler Dick" bit but alright hehe =]

I know the graphics aren't eh.. the best but hey we do what we can, sorry about that :) We (as always) will be redoing things we don't like (some of our older models for sure)

We love our derpy bear too (our first animation heh) and YES it can be bought as a pet once you hit level 30 along with wolves, falcons and others!

"Can you gently caress with people" Yes indeed. Players have the option to disable their pvp but at a huge cost to all xp rewards from pve kills.

For the dude who was at 3fps, sounds like for whatever reason your browser does not want to enable hardware acceleration. Happens sometimes unfortunately, often a driver issue.

Thanks again guys for trying us out, if you can look past the late 90's graphics lol, you probably will enjoy yourself, especially playing with a friend!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Didn't the f plus recently do an episode about this?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

you made a wrong turn

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
in as dickasscockpuss

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
wtf can you not jump in this poo poo game?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Is this compatible with the Oculus Rift?

J
Jun 10, 2001

JakeP posted:

lol =]

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

Kashuno posted:

Is this compatible with the Oculus Rift?

Ha, not yet. One day =] (I use three.js which has 'some' support for Occulus, just need to get my hands on one)

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

JakeP posted:

We'll get there. That's 8 new animations which is... sigh... hundred of dollars.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
http://www.titansoftime.com/screens/SD/SSD/lensflare.jpg

I don't think there is enough lensflare on display here for it to deserve this url.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I named my character Titsmcgee I hope that is ok since Tit is in the title ok godbless

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

titansoftime posted:

Ha, not yet. One day =] (I use three.js which has 'some' support for Occulus, just need to get my hands on one)

=[

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
http://www.titansoftime.com/browser-rpg.php
Is this a Browser MMORPG?

You have a good name for a Studio, Firehurts

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

mr.capps posted:

http://www.titansoftime.com/browser-rpg.php
Is this a Browser MMORPG?

You have a good name for a Studio, Firehurts

Sure is, and yea I came up with that name on a mushroom trip like 10 years ago.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

titansoftime posted:

Sure is, and yea I came up with that name on a mushroom trip like 10 years ago.

Amazing. Voted 5.

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

This game has inspired me to believe in myself and my endeavors greatly, since over 6 years you can go from a product that looks like this http://www.curse.com/news/titans-of-time/15396-titans-of-time-new-browser-based-game-with-good
To a product like we see here.

But don't let that blurb of mine stop you, let this 2 year old trailer by developer himself speak for the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pdHN6TC_NM

Truly amazing

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Strotski posted:

This game has inspired me to believe in myself and my endeavors greatly, since over 6 years you can go from a product that looks like this http://www.curse.com/news/titans-of-time/15396-titans-of-time-new-browser-based-game-with-good
To a product like we see here.

But don't let that blurb of mine stop you, let this 2 year old trailer by developer himself speak for the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pdHN6TC_NM

Truly amazing

They should hire him to make the trailer for the next Star Wars

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Is there any way to buy like a really cool boat for a few hundred bucks in real money?

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

Adam Bowen posted:

They should hire him to make the trailer for the next Star Wars

gently caress Disney.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Be careful, you don't want that kind of attitude to bite you in the rear end in the future if Disney ever shows interest in purchasing your work

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

titansoftime posted:

gently caress Disney.
Actually, Disney have made dozens of classic films such as The Aristocats and Robin Hood.

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

Adam Bowen posted:

Be careful, you don't want that kind of attitude to bite you in the rear end in the future if Disney ever shows interest in purchasing your work

Ha good point, but that'll be the day lol =]

They are just assholes. They forced many large theaters not to show "The Hatefull 8" by Quentin Tarentino on the opening weekend of the Star Wars movie just to increase their metrics.

I say if you believe in your product you shouldn't have to cheat.

titansoftime fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wow, sounds like Disney kicked the rear end of whoever directed The Hatefull 8 by Tarentino.

• Locked thread