Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
So, if you appear on AI, or any reality show, what is the per diem that you get? I guess I never realized that you would get paid to be on there, but it makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

This year's Idol Shithead Award goes to... La'Porsha Renae!

Her apology on Reality Check was sincere and thorough so she lost that too.

Tried watching the performance finale last night and round 1 put me to sleep.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Forgive the necro bump but this news:

quote:

The media giant behind "American Idol" and "So You Think You Can Dance" has filed for bankruptcy, and part of the problem is ... 'Idol' was hemorrhaging money in its final seasons.

Core Media Group filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy Thursday morning saying it's several hundred million dollars in the hole, and needs to reorganize its debts. Core and all its subsidiaries say they have $73 million in assets, but more than $512 million in debt.

One of its biggest creditors is 'Idol' creator Simon Fuller, who is owed more than $3.3 million. Several law firms, music labels as well as FOX Network are also owed dough.

Core Media's filing includes many of its holdings, including 19 Entertainment which owns the recording rights of 'Idol' superstars like Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson.

In the bankruptcy docs, Core says revenue started sliding after 2012 when 'Idol' ratings started declining. For instance in 2014, earnings dropped $15 million from the previous year.

Hopefully kills off any hope of Idol ever getting revived and we are free forever of the scourge of the WGWG.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
How interesting. I'm actually surprised they lost that much money, but I couldn't tell you any winner from 2013-2015 so that's not such a surprise after all.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
Christina Grimmie has been shot and killed. The shooter committed suicide on the scene and Grimmie died of her injuries later. I don't have any jokes for this. She was 22. gently caress.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Heard about it last night. This has to be the first big tragedy involving a high profile internet/reality show celebrity. So hosed up and senseless.

I remember first watching her duet of "Only Just a Dream" in college. Didn't realize she was only ~16 at the time. Christ.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Christina Grimmie has been shot and killed. The shooter committed suicide on the scene and Grimmie died of her injuries later. I don't have any jokes for this. She was 22. gently caress.

I wasn't a huge fan of her music or anything but I rooted for her that season and this is terrible. Famous enough to have a deranged stalker but not big enough to have concert venues with metal detectors I guess. Really hosed up :smith:

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
I saw that this morning, dreadful and sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZvJ24d2AGs

Reminder that this is one of the best auditions of all time and they didn't make it past the second round. I'll never understand why. It was in my head and wanted to share.

Never watched the Idol finale btw. Expired on Hulu before I could do it. Rest in piss imo

• Locked thread