Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:synpa: 2016 workout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

I've always wanted to do this at the gym

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
* doesn't tap out when clearly stuck in a shoulder lock, argues with instructor when he tells my partner to let it go.

* headbutts you six times in a thirty second frenzy of violent gesticulations and then asks you to go easy because they're tired.

* definitely going to be in the ufc. Those guys can't land a punch.

* has better gear than you

* smells like poo poo. Onion breath, days of sweaty funk.

* mad that he's not good at it on the first day

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

*is an annual minor annoyance that goes away in a month*

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

*actually stays at the gym and meets goals and then becomes one of the regular gym goers*

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i love training in the morning because it makes me a grouchy rear end in a top hat all day at work lol suck it co workers

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i don't mind having worked out but i don't like working out

FUCK YOU CAT!
Mar 23, 2009

FUCKIN' AIR DUSTER
big DUST WITH text
big AIR CATtext
I've got a treadmill in my shed so gently caress you.

There's a few false widows and a large house spider but I'm hard from all the weights and punch baggin' I do in the other shed.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

ThePeavstenator posted:

*actually stays at the gym and meets goals and then becomes one of the regular gym goers*

Done by no one ever. I don't think I've ever met anyone that became a regular from a resolution, prove me wrong.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Done by no one ever. I don't think I've ever met anyone that became a regular from a resolution, prove me wrong.

its like 1% but there are a few resolutioners that stick it out

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
*pays money to perform repetitive motions that can be done at home for free*

sup bab? ;) like what you see?

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

*Is a cute girl and new gym member*
*asks me if I'm done with my dumb bells*

*I spend the rest of my workout with an erection*

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

*totally ignores legs*

*cant curl much any ways*

*is a total jabroni*

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

No thanks.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

I resolved to get in shape one time and have been going to the gym 4 times a week ever since

I made this decision in October 2014 because New Years resolutions are for gay fat babys

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

that looks like great fun

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Continues to lift weights, ignoring a loser he sees at the gym who's shaking his head and sighing loudly after everything I do as I try to get a feel for working out so I can be in shape for my daughter's wedding and other cooler and better things than weirdo the stare-er

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Professor Shark posted:

Continues to lift weights, ignoring a loser he sees at the gym who's shaking his head and sighing loudly after everything I do as I try to get a feel for working out so I can be in shape for my daughter's wedding and other cooler and better things than weirdo the stare-er

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

ashgromnies posted:

i was gonna start working out but people are hella judgmental so i guess not

this always comes up from peeps that don't want to go to the gym but generally nobody gives a poo poo about anyone else in the gym. i mean, you might get a few looks if you're doing something dumb or you're a hot piece of rear end (male or female) but nobody is going to sit and watch you (blatantly anyways) when they have they're own poo poo to take care off.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

this always comes up from peeps that don't want to go to the gym but generally nobody gives a poo poo about anyone else in the gym. i mean, you might get a few looks if you're doing something dumb or you're a hot piece of rear end (male or female) but nobody is going to sit and watch you (blatantly anyways) when they have they're own poo poo to take care off.

you say that but this is the second thread this week by apparent gym snobs looking down at the new years untermensch sullying their temples with their clumsy flailing

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011
*pays to be instructed in cross-fit*

*specifies that he doesn't want to get too big*

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

ashgromnies posted:

i was gonna start working out but people are hella judgmental so i guess not

I really try not to be this guy especially because I've only been consistent for like 8-9 months

but i've come to believe that curling in the squat rack is, in fact, bullshit

BadTitude
Feb 15, 2003

Not so curious after the war.

I think my cat caught the fever you guys

gently caress you plebs driving to your gym

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Leather Daddy posted:

driving to your gym

yeah, I'd say that's pretty much Sign #1 you don't really grasp the point of going to the gym

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

yeah, I'd say that's pretty much Sign #1 you don't really grasp the point of going to the gym

I walk to mine but not everyone lives close enough and/or in a climate where you can walk to the gym year round.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

it really depends on how far it is and/or weather. i walk/run to mine since its like only a mile away. for others, going there sometimes might not be the problem since it's good for warming up, but then getting out after a good workout, the last thing you want is to drudge it home for an hour with sweat freezing to your back.

BadTitude
Feb 15, 2003

Not so curious after the war.

ThePeavstenator posted:

I walk to mine but not everyone lives close enough and/or in a climate where you can walk to the gym year round.

this and running!= lifting weights

cardios for sissies and girls

i burg and bench

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

:tbear:

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

you say that but this is the second thread this week by apparent gym snobs looking down at the new years untermensch sullying their temples with their clumsy flailing

*Has already flaked out of his new year's resolution to get fit*
*Is salty about it*

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
u gotta bulk up on burgs and burritos if u wanna get SWOLE

carne asada burritos = PROTEIN BRUH

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

real talk, the only things that bother anyone in the gym are people sitting down and texting for 45 minutes on equipment that people want to use, and doing curls in the squat rack

seriously the entire rest of the gym is for curls do them literally anywhere but the squat rack for the love of god

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Leather Daddy posted:

cardios for sissies and girls

Yeah good luck with that, lol.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Matoi Ryuko posted:

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
I wear a 400 dollar spandex outfit and only use an elliptical machine set to zero resistance

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Matoi Ryuko posted:

This dude would prolly cry into his muscle milk at the first sight of bleeding nips and black toenails.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

This dude would prolly cry into his muscle milk at the first sight of bleeding nips and black toenails.

Tape? On my nipples? Nothing touches these rippling pecs but tanning oil~

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Chinatown posted:

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
*slips on puddle of sweat and does the splits, scrotum pouch stretches out to twice its size*

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

*cant stop side glancing at bouncing titties on girl running on treadmill*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

numberoneposter posted:

*cant stop side glancing at bouncing titties on girl running on treadmill*

lol this is me at the gym and I'm gay

like doesn't that poo poo hurt?? can't stop watching

• Locked thread