Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
there's hockey i guess. the habs have played a whole period and no one has bothered to make one of these yet. if HAS has forsaken us that might be a sign of the end times. we may be doomed to a future of weekly or (*gasp*) monthly GDTs like baseball and basketball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Let's go The Penguins. Hopefully my morose self defeating comments don't true tonight :(

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
these are the hockeys that are happening. nhl.com sched isn't loading for me because the nhl is the worst.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I would like the Penguins to win tonight.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Don't look at me, I was about to make a GDT. MAF in goal for some reason. Let's go Pens :toot:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Go Hawks and Avs

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I thought the Habs game started at 20:00 and I come in now and first period is over :argh:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Why the hell are the Penguins sending MAF out for back-to-backs when he's fresh off a hotbrain? I know Zatkoff sucks but sheesh, send him out there and try your best.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
uhhhh MAF not looking okay

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Hawks scratched Scuderi so :rip: this game for the Pens

It appears Quenneville has already realized the Hawks made a bad mistake acquiring Scuderi and is prepared to bury him the rest of the way

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

That was a good and weird save by the MAFster

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

:stare: Uh, is MAF okay?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

By the way last night alone I counted three separate plays by Trevor Daley that were better than any play Scuderi has made all year

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

MAF seems to be regressing back to his old lovable floppy ADHD habits since Johnston was fired and it makes me wonder if Johnston was somehow actually the influence convincing him that it's OK to stay still.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's early yet but so far this looks like one of those classic Evil Penguins games from the Bylsma era when they just totally forget how to break the puck out or cover the center of the ice. Might just be the Blackhawks playing well though.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Pens look slower than usual. Great.

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.
Hi I'm here. The Habs have a lead? Cool beans.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Eric the Mauve posted:

It appears Quenneville has already realized the Hawks made a bad mistake acquiring Scuderi and is prepared to bury him the rest of the way

I wish that was true. He plans to alternate Rozsival and Scuderi the rest of the year.

Although believe it or not Scuderi was one of the few Hawks above water in possession last night!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ummagumma posted:

I wish that was true. He plans to alternate Rozsival and Scuderi the rest of the year.

If they both have to be on the roster that is probably actually the smartest way to use them. They're both old and horrendously slow and your best shot at them being anything but totally useless is to keep them as fresh as possible. Certainly beats hell out of playing them together.

Trouble is, what happens if Hjalmarsson or Seabrook or Rundblad gets hurt?

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

CDX posted:

Yeah, and this was deemed worthy of a coach's challenge on the goal: https://twitter.com/MarcPDumont/status/684900855317921793

The only interesting to happen in that period, scoring chances were like 1-1 or somethzzzzzzz

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

CDX posted:

Its still only a singular goal though, dont expect any more.

Also go Hawks/Habs/who cares/Nucks/gently caress A Duck

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Scuderi being scratched means no Ali-Express jersey for Shark Eat Bear.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I hope that was Geno's exhausted face and not his pained face :ohdear:

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Subban playing weird.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ehhhh, the Pens just have no legs tonight.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Was there an event at the Bell Centre yesterday? Been noticing a lot of strange bounces and guys falling over all over the place.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
The pens got a shot???

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Ehhhh, the Pens just have no legs tonight.

Certainly having issues creating speed in the neutral zone. I think Chicago controlled the first 8 minutes, but a little dump and chase from the Pens seems like it at least got them into the offensive zone. No chances though.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Shaw gets more breakaways than anyone on the team and never ever gets a goal from them.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Mitchell, why would you pass that

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Shaw gets more breakaways than anyone on the team and never ever gets a goal from them.

also known as John Madden disease

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

T-Bone posted:

also known as John Madden disease

I feel like Madden finished a bunch on the PK for some reason though.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Eric the Mauve posted:

If they both have to be on the roster that is probably actually the smartest way to use them. They're both old and horrendously slow and your best shot at them being anything but totally useless is to keep them as fresh as possible. Certainly beats hell out of playing them together.

Trouble is, what happens if Hjalmarsson or Seabrook or Rundblad gets hurt?

You're 100% right on their usage, although neither should be here but Bowman (or Q or a combination of both) love having at least one, if not two, "experienced" d-men on the roster at any given time. Rozsival at least was passable when alternating with Brookbank in 2013.

Rundblad got loaned to a Swiss team and didn't matter at all (unless you mean Gustaffson). And if Toftbo or Seabrook get hurt the Hawks would be in a world of hurt either way. There's limited cap space (and the Hawks probably need to use it to get more scoring help), and there's no one in the system remotely capable of replacing them, especially after the Hawks had to trade away all their advanced d-prospects in recent years.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

God Duncan Keith is so good

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
If Shaw ever scores on a breakaway I might poo poo my pants

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

So according to Siriusxm, the Penguins traded the entire team to Nashville. It has the game listed as Predators @ Blackhawks.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Pens look pretty tired. Hawks look tired too but not quite as bad

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
this game is boring as hell

e: I'd rather it go back to being boring

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012