Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

http://www.smule.com/recording/lemez-fridel-electric/266717049_71001303

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Frank Sinatra says doobie doobie do, and we’re going to say do — the right thing

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
I think Doobie's next business should be a laundromat. He should to be able to figure out how a washer and dryer works with a little bit of practice.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

A misanthrope posted:

guys i dont believe doobie is real

Doobie is real, all of it.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Nelson Mandingo posted:

He is SA's very own the Grinch.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Nelson Mandingo posted:

-Han Solo, Serenity: The Doctor Awakens

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

OctoberBlues posted:

The Doobie thread is my favorite thread on the entire forums. I went back and read most of it during the Christmas holiday and it's just spectacular. I mean that, seriously. Read the whole thing if you haven't, it's hilarious.

edit: I even made some chili dogs to celebrate. I bought the cheapest hot dogs, chili, and buns I could find and toasted Doobie with every mediocre bite.

It's pretty amusing and i find it strange that the mods hate it so much

There were also always a handful of spammers and weirdos trying to get the threads gassed and incan only assume this was due to some sort of antisocial impulse

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mange Mite posted:

It's pretty amusing and i find it strange that the mods hate it so much

There were also always a handful of spammers and weirdos trying to get the threads gassed and incan only assume this was due to some sort of antisocial impulse
The usual mod excuse is that we're being super weird and stalky. But all anyone does is circulate publicly posted stuff and make fun of it. And can we really point fingers at "weirdos" on these forums?

At the same time, this project really undermined the credibility of the mod in charge of it, who is still mod of a sub-forum on this very site. I think that's where the kindling for this thread becoming "mods vs posters" started, although this battle has certainly evolved past this point.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Je suis Frogdog

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

There were such high hopes for the frog dog. Poor frog dog. :smith:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
do you think hes out of wings right now? :ohdear:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Drunk Nerds posted:

The usual mod excuse is that we're being super weird and stalky. But all anyone does is circulate publicly posted stuff and make fun of it. And can we really point fingers at "weirdos" on these forums?

At the same time, this project really undermined the credibility of the mod in charge of it, who is still mod of a sub-forum on this very site. I think that's where the kindling for this thread becoming "mods vs posters" started, although this battle has certainly evolved past this point.

picture jerkoff dude was a werido even by goon standards. conquistador and that DOG HOUSE guy too

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
_______(My waitress works for tips only , please be kind . thank you )

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I travel all around for work and if I'm ever in Bumblefuck Arkanida I'll be sure to stop in the Doghouse for CheepSnaxx

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
lol tarter sauce

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I was 40 miles from Reform, AL in summer of 2014 while driving to New Orleans but I don't think I knew about Doobie then. :(

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Coleslaw is cold. LOL

Actually the word coleslaw comes from the dutch words kool which means cabbage, and sla which means salad. It can be served cold, or at room temperature. Historically it was room temp, YOU DUMB loving HICKS!

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015

No. 6 posted:

Coleslaw is cold. LOL

Actually the word coleslaw comes from the dutch words kool which means cabbage, and sla which means salad. It can be served cold, or at room temperature. Historically it was room temp, YOU DUMB loving HICKS!

who cares. give me a hot dog

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

gbaby posted:

who cares. give me a hot dog

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

No. 6 posted:

Coleslaw is cold. LOL

lol

but coleslaw is still nasty

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

:getout:

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015

No. 6 posted:

stupid hotdog image

thats not a hotdog THIS is a real hotdog

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
good n messy

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Chinatown posted:

good n messy

....eat it with a fork

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Looks good as gently caress

Mick Jaggoff
Sep 11, 2012
Did we mention that our hotdog wieners are also 100% Alabama and completely delicious?

god bles

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

would you like some hotdog with your salad

loving chicago, ruining pizza, hot dogs, and the POTUS

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Excelzior posted:

would you like some hotdog with your salad

loving chicago, ruining pizza, hot dogs, and the POTUS

Yeah let me just eat this plain hotdog...wouldn't wanna obscure the delicate flavors contained within :rolleyes:

IDIOT BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
:coolfish::coolfish::coolfish:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Every time we post this video Franco sheds another tear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNA51abv8lw

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Cosmic Owl posted:

100% Alabama

Purchasing the 99 cent Good Value brand hot dogs from the local Wal-Mart counts as 100% Alabama, right?

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

does anyone have a link to the last and/or best doober thread?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

GrimGypsy posted:

does anyone have a link to the last and/or best doober thread?

Of course I do, it's my fav

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571910

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Chicago hotdogs = good
Chicago pizza = not pizza. also, is poo poo

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Every time one of these threads pop up and remind me Doobie exists, I jump onto google earth and check if there's been new streetview images taken of the green shack.
Then I spend half an hour looking around Reform.
That place is :smith: as fuuuck. Everything's so sad and tired looking and washed out.

According to wikipedia, 30% of the population are below the poverty line.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Rape Stink posted:

Chicago hotdogs = good
Chicago pizza = not pizza. also, is poo poo

What's the one with just brown mustard and sweet relish? That's the best.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

The Saurus posted:

so he'll change your car's oil but he still hasnt changed his fryer oil??

where do you think your car oil goes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

lol soundmonkey hasn't shown their face outside of Dorkroom and DIY since "the incident"

• Locked thread