Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

a starwar betamax posted:

i would gladdly eat all of this menu

I'm glad we have a good mod that can appreciate this obsession of ours

thank you for being cool and letting us talk about doobies long dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Raku posted:

I don't think I've ever laughed harder than I did at the DSL post

digital subscriber lips

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Drink-Mix Man posted:

So maybe this is old news, I'm not on my Doobie lore, but as found on the Yelp page:

Lol right on the Yelp page it says "claim this business" which will let you write replies to all of the reviews

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I was against the Doobie-pedia cuz by now the story has transcended actual facts and has become legend. The stories work out best as tall tales, especially since nobody would ever believe they happened but it's real, all of it.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Suck that chili right outta that hole

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
what ever happen to that dude who canceled christmas for his family because he gave it to doobie?
does he still post?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what ever happen to that dude who canceled christmas for his family because he gave it to doobie?
does he still post?

he went all "nuh-uh thats not hat I said plus my kids are grown and we werent going to have Christmas anyways youre all wrong look how wrong you are" methinks the goon doth protest too much

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

does he still post?

Nope

e: lol his most recent posts are about bitcoin. dudes real into reasonable financial choices

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Iron Prince posted:

Nope

e: lol his most recent posts are about bitcoin. dudes real into reasonable financial choices

HA HA!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Some say the reporters are still looking for doobie's until this very day.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
All this talk of hot dogs makes me crave one. Actually, the local doghouse sells an Alabama dog with Chili, Sauerkraut, Pickles, Mustard. Do you think they can top Doobie? They actually have a dog for almost every state. But not Iowa.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Nirvikalpa posted:

All this talk of hot dogs makes me crave one. Actually, the local doghouse sells an Alabama dog with Chili, Sauerkraut, Pickles, Mustard. Do you think they can top Doobie? They actually have a dog for almost every state. But not Iowa.

The iowa dog would just be a bun. No toppings

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nirvikalpa posted:

What is there Pennsylvania dog?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

No joke, a restaurant in Iowa approached Northern Iowa basketball coach Ben Jacobson about having a Jacobson burger, which would be a burger with all of the coach's favorite toppings. He told them he just wanted a plain hamburger. No cheese, no ketchup, nothing. So there is no Jacobson burger.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
How am I JUST finding out that Doobie opened an automotive shop adjacent to his hot dog stand?

https://www.facebook.com/WestAlabamaAutomotive/?hc_location=ufi

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Manifest posted:

How am I JUST finding out that Doobie opened an automotive shop adjacent to his hot dog stand?

Cook the dogs on the engine manifold for that smokey flavor and save on energy bills! Axle grease, bacon grease, same diff.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Snuffman posted:

Doob diversified and bought the oil change place next door.

He just got plum tuckered out sling'n those HB steaks.

God bless.

This really weak and a bad post. FYI

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

didnt people unironically praise this format because it made the menu seem alive or jump off the page or some poo poo

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

maxhush posted:

didnt people unironically praise this format because it made the menu seem alive or jump off the page or some poo poo

No

E: 500 sperges hit search

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Iron Prince posted:

Nope

holy poo poo lol

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
this was only funny when people were ruining christmas to fund it and now it's just sad and pathetic... IMO!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Iron Prince posted:

Nope

He hasn't posted in a while...

:rip:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

maxhush posted:

I'm sad the cool menu t-shirt didn't get enough orders

Macaroni n Smegma
Feb 2, 2005

shi't

Manifest posted:

at least he's got a consistent business model

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Doobie is probably one of the biggest success stories in Reform, AL.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

OctoberBlues posted:

Doobie is probably one of the biggest success stories in Reform, AL.

I would not be surprised if before the 3-year anniversary we find out he's actually become the town mayor

Doobie never struggles to produce content

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Haha, goddamn, who made that?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

http://www.doobiesdoghouse.com/ still works, god bless

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Darth123123 posted:

No

E: 500 sperges hit search

:'(

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I know it's early, but who want to forego their family Christmas to send Doob a grand?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

how many mods have doobie threads outlasted

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Uncle Wemus posted:

how many mods have doobie threads outlasted

not enough

DayGloOreo
May 2, 2012

Fblthp had always hated crowds.

Manifest posted:

The only yelp review is a poorly worded, 5 star endorsement from Wayne himself that also includes a shameless plug for the doghouse.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/west-alabama-automotive-reform

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

That Robot posted:

I'm glad we have a good mod that can appreciate this obsession of ours

thank you for being cool and letting us talk about doobies long dogs

truthfully....i owe everything to our good friend Doob and his dogs

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I wasn't on GBS when the whole Doobies thing happened.

What did a starwar betamax do to deserve the auto-tuned rap song thing?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
What is the story behind the black lady hacker

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

DayGloOreo posted:

The only yelp review is a poorly worded, 5 star endorsement from Wayne himself that also includes a shameless plug for the doghouse.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/west-alabama-automotive-reform

He couldn't even bother to write out the correct name of his own restaurant ("Doobie's of Reform"), and is so proud of the "Sorry we're closed" sign picture that he uses it even here.

See people ask "why won't this poo poo die?" This is why. Doobie never stops providing comedy.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Gridlocked posted:

I wasn't on GBS when the whole Doobies thing happened.

What did a starwar betamax do to deserve the auto-tuned rap song thing?

We never figured out why he singled me out actually. I think it was because he knew i was mod material and wanted to do his part to catapoled me straight to the top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!

maxhush posted:

Maybe in a Marinetti futurism kinda way, but I doubt the Doob went for that intentionally.

• Locked thread