Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
after christianity, islam, and judaism reconcile their differences and unite into one world religion, there will be only one sin, and it will be "Acting Like An Infidel"

the punishment will be that the sinner gets nailed to a cross and the cross is dropped into a huge cauldron of boiling oil and the cauldron is thrown off the highest building in the city and people throw rocks at it as it falls and when it hits the ground the cauldron breaks open and the sinner spills out perfectly-deep-fried for the pack of hungry lions waiting below

what i'm saying is that in the dystopian future we're destined towards the lions will have a great fuckin time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

symbolic posted:

i thought Moridin's point was that they couldn't have done that back in 600 AD because they didn't have tall buildings

that's why the stoning part, bc back in the day you killed probably 1% of offenders with the fall

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

after christianity, islam, and judaism reconcile their differences and unite into one world religion, there will be only one sin, and it will be "Acting Like An Infidel"

the punishment will be that the sinner gets nailed to a cross and the cross is dropped into a huge cauldron of boiling oil and the cauldron is thrown off the highest building in the city and people throw rocks at it as it falls and when it hits the ground the cauldron breaks open and the sinner spills out perfectly-deep-fried for the pack of hungry lions waiting below

what i'm saying is that in the dystopian future we're destined towards the lions will have a great fuckin time

Good for them, right now their conservation status is "vulnerable"

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

no lions left int eh dystopian future dumb dumb

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

nomadologique posted:

that's why the stoning part, bc back in the day you killed probably 1% of offenders with the fall

its symbolic, just like how the bad guy always gets dropped from a great height in hollywood movies

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Microwaves Mom posted:

People keep ignoring the stoning part after the fall.

That's whats crucial to this. The whole town gets to have a go at you with rocks.

dude they didn't have rocks that big back then, they were like tiny pebbles or grains of sand

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Luvcow posted:

dude they didn't have rocks that big back then, they were like tiny pebbles or grains of sand

rocks were too valuable to waste back then, since they used them as building materials and currency

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I'm sure the prophet only intended for the fall to scare the gay out of them, which is just fine

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Mange Mite posted:

rocks were too valuable to waste back then, since they used them as building materials and currency

exactly

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

they probably count the elevation of the building into its height, like the "tallest" building in ancient athens woulda been something on the acropolis bc it's way high up

just find a good steep cliff and chuck em

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Mange Mite posted:

its symbolic, just like how the bad guy always gets dropped from a great height in hollywood movies

you'r e saying muhammad had a vision of die hard?? wow

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

i forgot to include burning at the stake in there, when they're done with it all the high priest fires up the grill and burns some steaks for the congregation to enjoy

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

nomadologique posted:

you'r e saying muhammad had a vision of die hard?? wow

figures gruber secretly wanted to bone mclaine

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
realtalk i'm pretty sure i'd prefer stoning to the european contraption known as The Breaking Wheel but what do i know about execution

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Never mind that even with one story, the fall will probably break some important bones, which is as good as a death sentence if not worse than other forms of capital punishment, considering medical techniques at the time

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
one story would still be pretty deadly if they dropped you head first

maybe that's what "turn his house upside down" means

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

do you think they aim for the nuts when they stone the guy?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

symbolic posted:

do you think they aim for the nuts when they stone the guy?

no much like darts hitting the bullseye isnt necessarily the best strategy

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
audience participation executions are a bitch though, since it's everybody in the town that you know, including a few grinning chucklefucks with huge, jagged boulders who really like getting up bright and early every day to do this

the tower thing is cool too since it has this dramatic "AIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" that echoes across town right as you're giving your kids the birds and bees talk so you can be like "oh yeah if you put your dick in a guy's butt then THAT happens :smug:"

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

audience participation executions are a bitch though, since it's everybody in the town that you know, including a few grinning chucklefucks with huge, jagged boulders who really like getting up bright and early every day to do this

the tower thing is cool too since it has this dramatic "AIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" that echoes across town right as you're giving your kids the birds and bees talk so you can be like "oh yeah if you put your dick in a guy's butt then THAT happens :smug:"

I like the part when people get squirt guns out and spray them around the theater when brad and jamet are in the rain :3:

love to get the execution "virgins" all wet

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I'm sure the prophet only intended for the fall to scare the gay out of them, which is just fine

I'm pretty sure the prophet did plenty of creepy uncle poo poo to his cupbearer and boys-in-waiting, just like all his generals. Mad homo, dog.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Luvcow posted:

Well maybe they used like wood sticks and stuff.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
The Hadith is even more anti gay than the Quran so it would follow that the prophet had a bigger hangup about gays than Allah

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

mdm posted:

The Hadith is even more anti gay than the Quran so it would follow that the prophet had a bigger hangup about gays than Allah

The moon god likes moons but the prophet not so fond of man moons.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Or wine, which was never imbibed copiously by Sultans, Muzzeins, Caliphs, Imams and anybody who could climb to the upper clerical crust.

Especially during those times when Muslims were running around enslaving hundreds of thousands of people and making war and whatnot.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

phasmid posted:

Or wine, which was never imbibed copiously by Sultans, Muzzeins, Caliphs, Imams and anybody who could climb to the upper clerical crust.

Especially during those times when Muslims were running around enslaving hundreds of thousands of people and making war and whatnot.

you see the medieval jihad was a conquest of ideas

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

you see the medieval jihad was a conquest of ideas

Hearts and minds. :jihad::hf::jihad:

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

de_dust posted:

maybe this throwing gays from the roof thing is just a symptom of poverty, maybe if we started to build schools in isistan theyd educate themselves and pull themselves out of poverty and no longer do these horrible things

just imagine how much they could benefit from elevators

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

carrion kit posted:

just imagine how much they could benefit from elevators

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

My Q-Face posted:

People keep ignoring the fact that the Hadith says no such thing, which was really Moridin's point.
Moridin's point was definitely that the "average" village did not have tall buildings, which everybody proceeded to flip out over apparently.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I like how the same people who flip out about usage of the phrase "rule of thumb" try to dissemble over the height of buildings gays are thrown off of in medieval Saudi Arabia

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
drat OP that story sounds hardcore how did you survive?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
sounds like he got what was "cumming" to him :grin:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Gabriel is Jibreel in Islam. Lisa Young is illiterate.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Would

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I bet the kid didnt see this "cumming" :grin:

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Luvcow posted: