Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

what's the coolest way to store your money and membership cards, i gotta know. my wallet is 13 years old and falling apart in a tragically uncool fashion. what are the kids using today, 3 fold? billfold? man purse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I carry my cash and cards in my cheeks like a squirrel.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

its 2016 and we have to carry around leather wallets full of paper currency instead of having everything stored in the electronic device every person is carrying around anyway

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I've had the same leather wallet for 12 years and its looks exactly the same as the day I bought it. maybe stop throwing your wallet into traffic?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Fanny packs are in now OP, you should wear one.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

is cash good for anything but drugs and strippers?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i got a wonder wallet "as seen on tv" and its awesome:horse:

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

It's a more tangible asset. You're less likely to overspend if you're carrying/paying with cash. The actual paper bills make you question everything. At least that's how it is for me.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I hear the kids just use their phone for everything. Sure it costs more and is completely, laughable, insecure, but it's so cool to swipe your phone at Starbucks for a Caramel Macchiato.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Where else would I keep pictures of my guild mates so i can show to strangers on the bus?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I remember when I turned twelve and had my grandpa get me a proper leather wallet. Still got it.

A man can't have have a blue Velcro Batman wallet on a classy date.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
a guy could make a million dollars and be in a nice rear end suit and if i saw him pull out a velcro wallet i would immediately lose all respect for him

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
big crime city wallet tips? heard you supposed to have a fake wallet and iphone to give muggers but keep your real wallet/iphone in your shoes. confirm/deny?

Jean Pony
Nov 27, 2007

I have an exentri wallet. Love it!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

dreezy posted:

big crime city wallet tips? heard you supposed to have a fake wallet and iphone to give muggers but keep your real wallet/iphone in your shoes. confirm/deny?

i sewed mine into my torso

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
when you're in the big city you got keep your money in your butt and carry around a huge oversized 80's cell phone then nobody will rob you because it'll be obvious you're insane.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
my old wallet started smelling pretty farty so i kept handing cashiers farty cards, but i got a new one and now that problem is gone

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
who's gonna rob a guy with a big phone, nobody thats who

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

dreezy posted:

Yes, but I crafted mine out an unexploded 300 pound gravity bomb.

Haven't been mugged yet!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
lol if you haven't evolved past the concept of fiat currency OP

i use the barter system for everything now bc I'm not a filthy bourgeoisie capitalist pig dog

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

angerbeet posted:

lol if you haven't evolved past the concept of fiat currency OP

i use the barter system for everything now bc I'm not a filthy bourgeoisie capitalist pig dog

Your blowjob payments are late.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
If you use one of those tiny wallets that you bought from a kickstarter you're a trash person. Same for money clips. Just tie your sweaty singles and your secured credit card up with a piece of twine if you can't handle a regular sized wallet

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I'm always thrown off when I watch shows from the 90s and earlier when someone is asked to pay over $50 for something and the payer just pulls out their wallet and pays with cash with zero hesitation

I know exactly zero people who carry more than $20 regularly who aren't drug dealers

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i put my wallet in my side pocket not my rear end pocket since my rear end doesn't have enough fat to make sitting on a lump confortable.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have a wallet made out of recycled leather scraps like my face

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Not a Children posted:

I'm always thrown off when I watch shows from the 90s and earlier when someone is asked to pay over $50 for something and the payer just pulls out their wallet and pays with cash with zero hesitation

I know exactly zero people who carry more than $20 regularly who aren't drug dealers

what are you 12? go outside virgin

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Jim Barris posted:

It's a more tangible asset. You're less likely to overspend if you're carrying/paying with cash. The actual paper bills make you question everything. At least that's how it is for me.

I think there have been studies that show this. You actually feel a sense of loss when spending cash, which isn't there when you swipe a card.

Aug 4, 2010

someone recommend me a micro wallet, i want to down size

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

If you regularly visit restaurants or bars, your servers will greatly appreciate you tipping them in cash instead of credit card tips! Credit card tips all get reported to the IRS while servers are only required to claim 10% of their cash sales as tipped income ;)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I know adults who have those duct tape wallets.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
How else am I supposed to carry around my massive condoms for my magnum dong?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

no but there is nothing good but drugs and strippers so

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
A friend of mine doesn't use anything. He just keeps his cards, cash and id floating around in his pockets.

He's been meaning to get a wallet, but he says he still needs to do more research to find the best one.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
one of the ladies at my job has a case for her iphone that has a slit for her cards. crazy times.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

my nephew made me a trifold wallet out of duct tape like a year ago and I could patch it with duct tape if I needed to but it's actually still going strong

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice

www posted:

someone recommend me a micro wallet, i want to down size

I've been using this one http://www.walletking.co.uk/exentri-leather-wallet-credit-card-holder.html for a few years and love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Wallets are cool and I pay for pretty much everything that isn't a reoccuring payment or gas in cash. Local businesses will like you a lot, waiters/waitresses will appreciate the cash tips, and on the rare occasion you end up at a cash only place you don't have to go awkwardly hit an atm.

Also just leaving cash on the table for your meal+tip is stylish and so much faster than paying with a card.

• Locked thread