Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon
May 22, 2003

just use the prison wallet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

dreezy posted:

what's the coolest way to store your money and membership cards, i gotta know. my wallet is 13 years old and falling apart in a tragically uncool fashion. what are the kids using today, 3 fold? billfold? man purse?

I have the same one, but in black. Had it for about ten or eleven years. Girlfriend loving hates it. I dont think it will make it another year.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I carry my stuff around in a plastic bag from walmart. It doubles as a weapon if you pull it over someones face. I attach it via carabiner to my tactical 511 belt and 511 cargo pants.

Def a huge part of my daily carry kit.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I have the same one, but in black. Had it for about ten or eleven years. Girlfriend loving hates it. I dont think it will make it another year.

The wallet or the girlfriend?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

www posted:

someone recommend me a micro wallet, i want to down size

I've had this for years, still goin strong

http://www.philswallets.com/

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I ordered a new wallet yesterday. It is teal colored and has cute flower print on it, but I didn't look at the shipping dates and it says I won't get it until mid February, what the gently caress

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
my wallet is a zipper pouch i wear on a string around my neck

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Just use a binder clip.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I've had this for years, still goin strong

http://www.philswallets.com/

legit cool. might actually buy one. looks like phil's viral marketting is paying off.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

VendaGoat posted:

I hear the kids just use their phone for everything. Sure it costs more and is completely, laughable, insecure, but it's so cool to swipe your phone at Starbucks for a Caramel Macchiato.

I just watched a teenager do this on line in front of me. I had no idea we had arrived at that technology. I paid with a debit card like the 29 year old pleb that I am.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i tuck my money up underneath my balls

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Chinatown posted:

i tuck my money up underneath my balls

between your thighs is a terrible place to keep money

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

its 2016 and we have to carry around leather wallets full of paper currency instead of having everything stored in the electronic device every person is carrying around anyway

It's called diversification

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Goatfather posted:

between your thighs is a terrible place to keep money

it makes it smell good

Klimpy Borf
Oct 22, 2010
My grandmother sent me a check book 2 years ago for my birthday, god loving knows why, but I use that as my wallet. It has plenty of card slots, can carry my cash and a few ticket stub keepsakes and is in a cool native american style. I consistently get compliments on it, and that's good enough for me.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

my wallet is made out of fuckin eel skin

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jim Barris posted:

It's a more tangible asset. You're less likely to overspend if you're carrying/paying with cash. The actual paper bills make you question everything. At least that's how it is for me.

I'm the opposite. Cash in pocket is treated like an asset already expended.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I use a slim card carrier and a separate money clip. This is by far the best method.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
i use your moms ham wallet OP

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You're underdressed if your wallet doesn't match your belt and shoes.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

dreezy posted:

what's the coolest way to store your money and membership cards, i gotta know. my wallet is 13 years old and falling apart in a tragically uncool fashion. what are the kids using today, 3 fold? billfold? man purse?

I have that wallet.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

ArbitraryC posted:

Wallets are cool and I pay for pretty much everything that isn't a reoccuring payment or gas in cash. Local businesses will like you a lot, waiters/waitresses will appreciate the cash tips, and on the rare occasion you end up at a cash only place you don't have to go awkwardly hit an atm.

Also just leaving cash on the table for your meal+tip is stylish and so much faster than paying with a card.

i dont know i think living in a country where every employee gets a living wage and contactless payments are ubiquitous is more stylish still

kinda blows my mind how americans are cool with being waited on by what are essentially street hobos or buskers begging for change, its gross

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I know adults who have those duct tape wallets.

LMAO if you DON'T have a duct tape wallet we are in the future.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Jim Barris posted:

who's gonna rob a guy with a big phone, nobody thats who

Exactly right! If I was going to rob a guy, I'd rob him with a gun or knife, not a big phone.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Wallets suck because they always end up full of poo poo. Get a money clip. Do NOT get a magnetic one as it will gently caress up any magnetic cards you have. Instead get this thing. It is cheap and good.

http://www.amazon.com/Slim-Clip-SCCH-MC12-Double-Sided-Money/dp/B00123VTAY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452208002&sr=8-1&keywords=slim+clip

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

BigBoss posted:

Wallets suck because they always end up full of poo poo. Get a money clip. Do NOT get a magnetic one as it will gently caress up any magnetic cards you have. Instead get this thing. It is cheap and good.

http://www.amazon.com/Slim-Clip-SCCH-MC12-Double-Sided-Money/dp/B00123VTAY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452208002&sr=8-1&keywords=slim+clip

Dad?

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

gay?

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL
So what

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Not a Children posted:

I'm always thrown off when I watch shows from the 90s and earlier when someone is asked to pay over $50 for something and the payer just pulls out their wallet and pays with cash with zero hesitation

I know exactly zero people who carry more than $20 regularly who aren't drug dealers

I always have at least 60 bux in my wallet. Mind you, it's Canadian, so that's like 11 USD

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Guess he'll never be the head of a major corporation.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

radiatinglines posted:

my wallet is made out of fuckin eel skin
that's no eel...

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
keep the eel in your pocket and feed it your money

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
cash is king baby

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

somuch_gravy posted:

cash is king baby

no, elvis is king. cash is man in black.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i gotd wallet

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

serios tho lol if you don carry all your edc in a skinth

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

nice vape pocket

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
post your loadout

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

somuch_gravy posted:

nice vape pocket

an i carry the parachute cord so my obese body wont break the rope if i suddenly decide to hang myself

• Locked thread