Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The Horde assembles around their dreadful leader. There have been murders in their camp, as if some filthy Arrentish spies had infiltrated their rabble and rank. Qal silenced the din of their fear with a wave of his hand (was that a spark of magick from his fingertips?). He wordlessly pointed to one of his lieutenants, and commanded him to build a gallows. His followers knew what to do: find the traitors, and sacrifice them for their dark lord.
In the distance, in Jocasta's camp, they could hear the winny of horses and the pounding of hooves, followed by a loud explosion. It seems as if both sides have their troubles.

Welcome to the Conquest of Qal! This is the thread for the Free Horde of Qal, fighting against the imperialism of Jocasta and her Praetorienne Guard.

Rules and Recruitment Thread

The Thread for Jocasta's Guard

Standard Mafia Rules

The mod for this thread is Asiina! Please send ALL your PMs and actions to her.

Your thread leader is Quandary! He is confirmed town and knows private details about the setup.

Quick summary of the special game rules:

- :siren: YOU MUST NEVER SAY EXPLICIT NUMBERS WHEN REFERRING TO YOUR STATS OR DAMAGE POTENTIAL OR HP :siren:
--- First violation the entire thread will receive a WARNING.
--- Second violation the player will be instantly modkilled, no questions asked. This goes for EVERYONE. One mistake from anyone in your thread and you are all at risk of modkill.

- The three phases are: Day, Preliminary, and Battle.

- You may only use one Ability per phase unless otherwise specified.

- You win when the enemy Leader is dead.

Sample Flip
:s: Dragnix, Alonso, Livireen Heavy (TOWN), was killed during the night. :s:

Enjoy!

Player List:

MOD: Asiina

LEADER: Quandary

1. AnonymousNarcotics - Town, Lynched D1
  2. Atoramos
  3. BottleKnight Khris Kruel - Scum, lynched D4
  4. CCKeane
  5. chaoslord
  6. fits - Town, lynched D5
  7. imgay
  8. Jose Valasquez
  9. kaschei - Town, died Battle 5
  10. King of Bleh
  11. Meinberg - Town, lynched D2
  12. merk
  13. Opopanax
  14. Puntification - Town, lynched D3
  15. Quandary
  16. QuoProQuid
  17. Sinistral
  18. SirSamVimes - Town, died Battle 2
  19. Spoonsy PBS Newshour
  20. The Lord of Hats
  21. The Ninth Layer - Town, died Battle 2
  22. Tremendous Taste
  23. tuckfard
  24. Verr - Town, died Battle 1
  25. WeLandedOnTheMoon!Town, died Battle 4

Asiina fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello I am King of this thread now.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Getting in on the ground floor of glorious freedom.

Let's show those fartboggers what's what.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

CCKeane posted:

No I don't think I agree with this.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Having been passed over by the other thread, I will rain down destruction on them all :argh:

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

chaoslord posted:

Having been passed over by the other thread, I will rain down destruction on them all :argh:

You weren't passed over, you were lovingly chosen because I respect your commitment to freedom against the misguided colonizers of Jocastas army.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

CCKeane posted:

naaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

##vote: CCKeane

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Quandary posted:

You weren't passed over, you were lovingly chosen because I respect your commitment to freedom against the misguided colonizers of Jocastas army.

i sure hope you didn't pick me because you were expecting effort

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone know where I can watch Frozen for free online?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im pretty versatile in battle, can be front or back line

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

CCKeane posted:

I disagree as well

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
:rip: in peace Varinn, killed n0 by Ecco the Tyrant God and replaced with some shameful imposter

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I'm the Marksman of Savomar I am I am. Well, I say 'Marksman', but hurling giant rocks isn't the most accurate ranged weapon that man has ever devised. They sure go 'squish' when it hits, though! And while I may be a touch on the uh, slower side, I defy you to find a marksman burlier than I. If you need a ranged attacker on the front lines, or someone that can really put the hurt on those melees, I'm your man.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
PSA

:siren: We will not win this game by analyzing night actions or by min maxing battle plans. :siren:

First and foremost this is still a mafia game, and will win by scumhunting. It's fine to talk about battle plans and night actions, but its easy to get bogged down when we should be scum hunting.

Also, be aware of what information you share. If you feel its valuable for me to know about your role you can share, but make sure its not something crippling for Max and the other thread, not even to mention our own scum. Im going to trust everyones judgement on this, but please take it into account.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Quandary, I've never played a soldier game before. Is it helpful to you for us to mention our battlefield versatility (1), or would you rather we keep that information private?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Quandary posted:

PSA

:siren: We will not win this game by analyzing night actions or by min maxing battle plans. :siren:

First and foremost this is still a mafia game, and will win by scumhunting. It's fine to talk about battle plans and night actions, but its easy to get bogged down when we should be scum hunting.

Also, be aware of what information you share. If you feel its valuable for me to know about your role you can share, but make sure its not something crippling for Max and the other thread, not even to mention our own scum. Im going to trust everyones judgement on this, but please take it into account.

oh whoops. question answered.

in that case, i'm more suited for the rear than the front.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I would prefer to know whether you are better in ranged or melee, aside from that please trust your judgement.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My liege, I too am a marksman who wishes to serve on the front line. I can take every hit they deal and strike at their back line not once, but twice! Along with some other tricks.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tricks remaining undisclosed for the above reasons.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

fits posted:

i sure hope you didn't pick me because you were expecting effort

to posit on this, i usually don't have much time to post with anything attempting a passing effort during the week. while i will try not to fall behind and disappear completely, well, we've seen this show and dance before

furthermore, i built my character with sick snipez in mind with the specific suggestion to toss me to the wolves in battle, so i can lay the hurt on dudes then hopefully we won't have to worry about the :effort: effect kicking in

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

gently caress, they got Dragnix already? :(

##vote merk dota sometime?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

QuoProQuid posted:

Quandary, I've never played a soldier game before. Is it helpful to you for us to mention our battlefield versatility (1), or would you rather we keep that information private?

It is probably a good idea for the king to know what we're good at so we can be deployed usefully. I'm an effective ranged soldier for example.

I'd also like to suggest that instead of putting lurkers into the battlegroup it might be a better idea if it's entirely composed of active engaged players, otherwise you're incentivising scum to lurk and giving them an easy in to sabotage us militarily.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm a ranger, keep me ranged.

What's up tuckfard how's it been?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It really seems unnecessary to define good and evil for us. We should decide for ourselves what our values are and fight for those. Our successors will call us "good" because we will teach them what the word means.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
finally, i was used an example in the sample battle post, which clearly means i am the most fit for battle, also none of those other losers are playing

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I think if history has taught us anything its that Jocastas "civilizing" colonizers are the bad guys.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

kaschei posted:

It really seems unnecessary to define good and evil for us. We should decide for ourselves what our values are and fight for those. Our successors will call us "good" because we will teach them what the word means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTQxv3jzKT0

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
thus :rip: varinn, ##vote chaoslord

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Let's Do Stuff!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Quandary posted:

PSA

Not to contradict you, your uh... wizardship. But that's not entirely true.

We win when we win the war--when the enemy leader is dead. Now, that gets a hell of a lot easier when we don't have scum sabotaging us, but getting rid of them doesn't *quite* get us all the way there (just mostly).

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

The Lord of Hats posted:

We win when we win the war--when the enemy leader is dead. Now, that gets a hell of a lot easier when we don't have scum sabotaging us, but getting rid of them doesn't *quite* get us all the way there (just mostly).

actually its very easy and true

just win, baby

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

You're technically correct, but trust me when I say that the most important thing to focus on is getting rid of the scum in our thread. The rest will follow.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Puntification posted:

It is probably a good idea for the king to know what we're good at so we can be deployed usefully. I'm an effective ranged soldier for example.

I'd also like to suggest that instead of putting lurkers into the battlegroup it might be a better idea if it's entirely composed of active engaged players, otherwise you're incentivising scum to lurk and giving them an easy in to sabotage us militarily.

The biggest priority in a good battlegroup is that the people in it aren't scum, I'm not sure if we need more than that for an explicit strategy.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

The Lord of Hats posted:

How exactly does it help the town to get bogged down in hours of spreadsheets and set-up discussion when we could be looking for scum?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

word. gonna be keeping track of what folks say about their roles and such.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I'd like to complain about the characterization of us being evil just cos we're a dark horde it's pretty racist.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm a ranger, keep me ranged.

Keep in mind that backline scum are capable of attacking the frontline

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
I'm more suited for ranged combat, I can't melee for poo poo. I also have a minor healing ability I can use every day.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

The biggest priority in a good battlegroup is that the people in it aren't scum, I'm not sure if we need more than that for an explicit strategy.

This is true, also I am a front row person pretty much exclusively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also I plan on saying "hello my name is kaschei" before at least 1/3 of my posts.

• Locked thread