Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
He'll easily get in unless the Lions somehow turn into the Patriots, or even a moderately competent franchise (spoiler alert they won't). His strengths will be accentuated and his flaws will be dismissed as LOLions, with the parallel of Barry Sanders tapping out ahead of his time as well.

There'll be dissenting articles, sure, but when people can talk about you as the best at your position for more than a cup of coffee and it's not really in doubt, you're in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Moss not getting in on the first ballot will be because a buncha sportswriters collectively get the vapors about what a classless "thug" Moss was. But it's also worth remembering that Moss played a handful of years with Tom Brady and also with Daunte Culpepper when the latter was pre-ACL tear and worth a poo poo. As I've stated before and will again and again, the QBs for the majority of Calvin's life were Reggie Ball and Matt Stafford, who is the very definition of average/above average.

As for the lack of postseason, I don't know how you hold a single player other than a QB responsible for that, and the Lions have such a dogshit history it's easily ignored. The narrative will be a lot less "Wow why couldn't Calvin move the Lions into the playoffs" and a lot more "Goddamn Matt Millen is a stupid fuckup who deserves to be drowned in Flint's public reservoirs."

Moss is good, he should and will get in. Same for Calvin.

e - all right which one of you did the word filter

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Febreeze posted:

Also I like all the people who argue against Moss not making it because of personality reasons making guys hate him. LT was a godawful person talked about in the same way and he soared into the hall first ballot. I think you have to legitimately rape multiple women across several states before your personal legacy really harms you from a voter perspective.

It'll be real fun when Peterson comes up. I can't wait for that shitshow.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'm not sure if this thread is aware that there's Hall spots available to both men or not. They don't have to fight to the death to be eulogized by Berman you know.

• Locked thread