Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Being produced by Feel, Dagashi Kashi is the story of Kokonotsu Shikada, who has dreamt to be a manga artist ever since he was a child. Problem is, his father, Yo, wants him to inherit the family sweets shop, Shikada Dagashi, and he is in line to be the 9th head. Kokonotsu has a talent for making any sweet better without putting any effort into it which makes his inheritance all the more apropos, but he declines his father's offer every time. One day, Hotaru Shidare, a girl from the city and the daughter of a world famous sweets company, shows up and wishes to convince Kokonotsu's father to join her company. Yo agrees, but under the condition that she convinces Kokonotsu to take over the family shop.

Characters

Kokonotsu Shikada, a budding manga artist and sought to be 9th head of Shikada Dagashi. Kokonotsu has loved drawing manga ever since his father complimented a drawing of his as a child. He has an uncanny ability to make sweets taste better and more appealing without even really thinking about which both frustrates and impresses his father. He likes the big baps. Voiced by Atsushi Abe, also know for voicing Toma Kamijo of the To Aru Majutsu no Index series.

Hotaru Shidare, would be leader of the Shidare Company and lover of sweets. Hotaro wishes to make the Shidare Company the greatest sweets manufacturer in the world. She has a great eye for recognizing talent and is baffled by Kokonotsu's talent and how he's letting it go to waste in some countryside sweets shop. Kokonotsu finds her to be incredibly attractive. Voiced by Ayana Taketatsu known for voicing Suguha Kirigaya from Sword Art Online.

Yo Shikada, the eighth head of Dagashi Shikada and a doting father. Yo is DESPERATE to get Kokonotsu to inherit the shop, he sees great things for his son and feels he would be wasting his talent doing otherwise. Yo agrees to the deal with Hotaru because he feels it is the right thing for Kokonotsu and only wishes the best for his son. He is also really friggin intense. Voiced by Keiji Fujiwara known for voicing Hiroshi Nohara from Shin-Chan.

To Endo, Saya's twin brother and a good friend of Kokonotsu's, his family runs a cafe. Voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki known for voicing Makoto Tachibana from Free!

Saya Endo, To's sister and another friend of Kokonotsu's, she works at their family's cafe, Cafe Endo. She has really transparent feelings for Kokonotsu, but he's not very bright. Voiced by Manami Numakura known for voicing Hibiki Ganaha from the Idolmaster series.

This is a fun comedy series about candy that has some decent talent behind the anime, it seems. It's being streamed in English by Funimation, but they have delayed the first episode for some ridiculous reason so you'll have to wait a bit for the first episode, but it's gonna be a good time. Here's some manga panels and a PV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Sy_ld8MHA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eybEd_ZQcvI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61sINaHBEdQ

Here, let's talk about the candy anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A good man

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Keiji Fujiwara is amazing

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I decided to stick with one role, because if I didn't then Keiji Fujiwara's would become two paragraphs.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't care namtab

• Locked thread