Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hotaru is delightfully obsessed with snacks and its great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MJP posted:

How does one make those kinako sticks? I may be able to get my hands on the kinako powder next time I go to the Japanese market.

Yeah, I'm just assuming they're like churros only bite sized.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Twiddy posted:

I think it's funny that those are two of the very few examples of legit and straight product placement in Anime.

Japanese CR laws are quite weird.

I never even thought of CC advertising Pizza Hut or whatever the brand actually was. I just saw it as a witch getting way attached to one food since she probably doesn't eat much aside from once every few decades.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wark Say posted:

I think she had a little too much junk in her trunk to be constantly starving.

drat YOU, CLAMP! :argh:

I'm getting less at starving and more that she just doesn't eat usually and then someone introduced her to a food and she got super attached to that one food. I feel it's kind of a regular occurrence but I can't recall any other examples of someone only eating one food ever.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

trucutru posted:

an unheard of advertising technique! very high level.

that pizza made me thirsty, one sec

mr. stefan posted:

"Hamburgers. . . Nature's blessing."

Wait, I think I've got one now! Sonic and chili dogs! Although I'm worried if that's just the iconic food he's always shown with like Bugs Bunny and carrots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kytrarewn posted:

Is that really a necessary distinction?

There are characters associated with specific foods all over the place in anime.

Blondie with inarizushi in majikoi
Main girl with mame daifuku in nagasarete airantou.
Shinobu with blood doughnuts in monogatari.

They all check the same box, as far as I'm concerned.

Just for me since I was trying to remember this specific thing and not just y'know, the Jerry and cheese from Tom & Jerry. I'm kinda pedantic about things some times. :v: I'm basically trying to remember some examples of a character only ever eating one food exclusively y'know?

• Locked thread