Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/mother-claims-mcdonalds-fat-shamed-daughter-140327092.html

quote:

An irate mother has slammed McDonald’s staff for ‘fat-shaming’ her teenage daughter, claiming they openly laughed at the girl for ordering six cheeseburgers.

16-year-old Corrina visited her local Macca’s in Shoreham, Sussex, to buy six burgers and four portions of fries for herself and her three siblings.

The shocked teenager claims the cashier then openly mocked her, calling to colleagues: “Six cheeseburgers. I’m not joking this time. This fat woman wants six burgers.”

Corinna says she was left embarrassed and in tears, claiming other staff members laughed at her.

Sabrina said Corinna went with brother Jack, ten, to order the meal for them and sisters Ashley-Jade, 14, and Jessica-Abbigale, eight.

Livid Sabrina, 37 - who used to work in MacDonald’s - said: “Normally we have home-cooked meals, but once in a while I let them have a treat.

"I have a problem getting Jack to eat so when he says he wants something, I let him have it because of the way he is with food.

"He got given £5 from his grandma for Christmas so I said he could go to McDonald’s.

"I gave my daughter some money and said they could go down and get a few burgers because it was the holidays.

"I don’t think six burgers for four people is over the top, but the girl behind the counter shouted back, ‘Six cheeseburgers. I’m not joking this time. This fat woman wants six burgers’.

"My daughter said, 'they’re not just for me. They’re for my brother and sisters’, but some of the other staff, who were just standing around, started laughing.”

After Corinna came home and told her mum the story, a furious Sabrina says she then marched back into the McDonald’s and confronted the manager.

Not happy: 16-year-old Corinna says she was upset and embarrassed by what happened (SWNS)

She said: “My daughter gets embarrassed and upset and doesn’t speak up for herself, so being a protective mother, I went down there and let rip.

"The manager kept apologising but she wouldn’t let me speak to the girl who had said it, even though I knew she was hiding around the back.”

Stay-at-home mum Sabrina alleges that when her partner went into the restaurant later the same day, the manager called the police.

She said: “My partner went in there because he wanted something done about it. He couldn’t believe it. The manager just called the police.

"It was nothing. My partner ended up shaking hands with the policeman.

"In this day and age, you wouldn’t expect it. I used to work in McDonald’s when I was young and I would never have dreamed of speaking to a customer like that. I would’ve been sacked straight away.”

A spokesperson from Sussex Police confirmed that they had been called to the restaurant but said that it was not a police matter and simply a civil dispute which did not require the police.

The spokesperson added that there was no “record of any form of abuse”.

After reviewing their CCTV system, which is understood not to record sound, McDonald’s have denied the incident took place.

A McDonald’s spokesperson said: “This allegation is entirely false. We took this claim very seriously and our investigation shows that this did not take place.

"We have reviewed the restaurant CCTV footage and engaged the local police following the threats made against our employees connected to the incident.”

A Concrete Divider fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
McDonalds finally gets something right

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

“Six cheeseburgers. I’m not joking this time. This fat woman wants six burgers.”

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
fats deserve to be shamed

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oeyrqil5Hd0

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Why did they include a glamour shot of the bipedal bovine? I couldn't have been in hopes of us siding against "Maccas"

PS: England, Maccas is a stupid loving name for Mickey D's you retard islanders

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
If a bartender can cut off a patron when they think the patron has had too much to drink, can a waiter cut off a patron when they think they've had too much to eat?

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Strange that McDonald's has had the answer to the obesity epidemic all along.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
but she was really fat though.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

In northern Kentucky it seems they call it mac dons.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
"McDonald's Corporate has reviewed the CCTV footage and we can confirm that the teenager is fatter than gently caress."

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Nice screenshot of 5 beta websites' logos.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
They were probably just those dollar burgers which honestly you gotta eat like 6 or 7 of those things to get full so whats the big deal

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

a starwar betamax posted:

They were probably just those dollar burgers which honestly you gotta eat like 6 or 7 of those things to get full so whats the big deal

I'm pretty full after one and a handful of fries

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Anderron Shi posted:

In northern Kentucky it seems they call it mac dons.

No they don't.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
Not cool

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I wasn't sure at first but after checking the picture in the article she does seem to be pretty fat.

Also stupid, why would you get regular cheeseburgers when a mcdouble is like 10 cents more?!?

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

"McDonald's Corporate has reviewed the CCTV footage and we can confirm that the teenager is fatter than gently caress."

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Ok.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'm pretty full after one and a handful of fries

are you a little person

Aug 4, 2010

is there a kickstarter i can donate to for this poor poor girl?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

quote:

“Normally we have home-cooked meals, but once in a while I let them have a treat.

McDonalds is a treat?
I can't even imagine what home cooked meals are.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

quote:

Livid Sabrina, 37 - who used to work in MacDonald’s - said: “Normally we have home-cooked meals, but once in a while I let them have a treat.

mmm hmm.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

pr0k posted:

mmm hmm.

hey kraft mac and cheese still requires you to boil a pot of water. It counts, damnit.

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

hey remember when mcdonalds cheeseburgers would go on sale for $0.50? those were the halcyon days of being a fat gently caress

didn't need a clerk laughing at you to feel the shame ya know

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Libelous Slander posted:

hey kraft mac and cheese still requires you to boil a pot of water. It counts, damnit.

Kraft doesn't get them that fat that fast.

I'd wager Velveeta.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Microwaves Mom posted:

McDonalds is a treat?

What do you mean? McDonald's is a treat for affluent children who have 3 course dinners nightly even. It's bad for you but tastes awesome to kids so it's a treat.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Microwaves Mom posted:

McDonalds is a treat?

Older McDonalds reheated

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
in 2016 looking at a woman is rape, disagreeing with her is sexism, and saying things that are honest and true are hate crimes

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

thanks op, now I want six cheeseburgers

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
in my day you could order ten packs of tacos from taco bell

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
super size it!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Luvcow posted:

you still can get the party pack.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Luvcow posted:

Still can. They disguise it as a family value pack, lol. Nice try taco bell, it's called gamer fuel. You're not fooling anyone.

Oh you can mix up hard or soft originals and Bean burritos.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

King of Bees posted:

Still can. They disguise it as a family value pack, lol. Nice try taco bell, it's called gamer fuel. You're not fooling anyone.

E. Beaten. Curse my fat fingers!

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Any real McDonald's employee would be unfazed by a mere 6 burger order, and also too bored to give a poo poo.

quote:

After reviewing their CCTV system, which is understood not to record sound, McDonald’s have denied the incident took place.

A McDonald’s spokesperson said: “This allegation is entirely false. We took this claim very seriously and our investigation shows that this did not take place.

"We have reviewed the restaurant CCTV footage and engaged the local police following the threats made against our employees connected to the incident.”

Wow, so I can make up any bullshit about McDonald's and it'll be reported as news? Well golly!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Please tell me this isn't from a tv show or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Microwaves Mom posted:

you still can get the party pack.

King of Bees posted:

*takes deep breath, checks how much cash is in wallet* looks like its taco friday!

• Locked thread