Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/mother-claims-mcdonalds-fat-shamed-daughter-140327092.html

quote:

An irate mother has slammed McDonald’s staff for ‘fat-shaming’ her teenage daughter, claiming they openly laughed at the girl for ordering six cheeseburgers.

16-year-old Corrina visited her local Macca’s in Shoreham, Sussex, to buy six burgers and four portions of fries for herself and her three siblings.

The shocked teenager claims the cashier then openly mocked her, calling to colleagues: “Six cheeseburgers. I’m not joking this time. This fat woman wants six burgers.”

Corinna says she was left embarrassed and in tears, claiming other staff members laughed at her.

Sabrina said Corinna went with brother Jack, ten, to order the meal for them and sisters Ashley-Jade, 14, and Jessica-Abbigale, eight.

Livid Sabrina, 37 - who used to work in MacDonald’s - said: “Normally we have home-cooked meals, but once in a while I let them have a treat.

"I have a problem getting Jack to eat so when he says he wants something, I let him have it because of the way he is with food.

"He got given £5 from his grandma for Christmas so I said he could go to McDonald’s.

"I gave my daughter some money and said they could go down and get a few burgers because it was the holidays.

"I don’t think six burgers for four people is over the top, but the girl behind the counter shouted back, ‘Six cheeseburgers. I’m not joking this time. This fat woman wants six burgers’.

"My daughter said, 'they’re not just for me. They’re for my brother and sisters’, but some of the other staff, who were just standing around, started laughing.”

After Corinna came home and told her mum the story, a furious Sabrina says she then marched back into the McDonald’s and confronted the manager.

Not happy: 16-year-old Corinna says she was upset and embarrassed by what happened (SWNS)

She said: “My daughter gets embarrassed and upset and doesn’t speak up for herself, so being a protective mother, I went down there and let rip.

"The manager kept apologising but she wouldn’t let me speak to the girl who had said it, even though I knew she was hiding around the back.”

Stay-at-home mum Sabrina alleges that when her partner went into the restaurant later the same day, the manager called the police.

She said: “My partner went in there because he wanted something done about it. He couldn’t believe it. The manager just called the police.

"It was nothing. My partner ended up shaking hands with the policeman.

"In this day and age, you wouldn’t expect it. I used to work in McDonald’s when I was young and I would never have dreamed of speaking to a customer like that. I would’ve been sacked straight away.”

A spokesperson from Sussex Police confirmed that they had been called to the restaurant but said that it was not a police matter and simply a civil dispute which did not require the police.

The spokesperson added that there was no “record of any form of abuse”.

After reviewing their CCTV system, which is understood not to record sound, McDonald’s have denied the incident took place.

A McDonald’s spokesperson said: “This allegation is entirely false. We took this claim very seriously and our investigation shows that this did not take place.

"We have reviewed the restaurant CCTV footage and engaged the local police following the threats made against our employees connected to the incident.”

A Concrete Divider fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

In northern Kentucky it seems they call it mac dons.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Nice screenshot of 5 beta websites' logos.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Ok.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Microwaves Mom posted:

McDonalds is a treat?
I can't even imagine what home cooked meals are.

What do you mean? McDonald's is a treat for affluent children who have 3 course dinners nightly even. It's bad for you but tastes awesome to kids so it's a treat.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

I'm the heart charm on the mom's neck irl ama

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Booblord Zagats posted:

5'10" 165lbs. So by English speaking white people standards, yeah

No, p sure that's 50th percentile for aforementioned demographic...maybe even 160.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The British constantly try to squander all the goodwill we generated for them by making Mary Poppins a hit motion picture and Downton Abbey an international hit.

Why are you limey fuckers so rude? Way to show gratitude and show what utter chavs you are.

The American chav-equivielent is actually a very bad thing to be, so you see I have masterfully insulted y'all.

sorry about your post

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

extra stout posted:

i really cant decide in what order i hate the following people and things:

-the government for being in bed with corporations who get rich off bad food addictions

-the fda branch of said government for pretending to fix it while not really doing anything

-the fast food workers covered in grease and shame looking for someone to feel better than

-the bad mother

-the fat kid whos only crime seems to be having been raised by the above bad fat mother

did i miss any, or mix up the order? you decide, america

switch the fast food workers with the mother

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Mariana Horchata posted:

driving six dirty burgers down her sassy fatty maww
Right into her greasy fuckin cheeseburger locker.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Mange Mite posted:

Turkey burger is an acceptable use of burger imo because it's still a ground meat patty

Yeah, a turkey sandwich just sounds like lunchmeat and bread.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

old dog child posted:

i think she's into edibles bro

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

a bone to pick posted:

after high school ended though she lost all that weight and became a super hotty.

Yeah but her vagine probably hung like wizard sleeve.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

hemophilia posted:

boiled chicken
:chloe:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

hemophilia posted:

Boiled meats bro.

As long as they're hammered flattened and pressed first.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

is a hood a chav

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

just ate half a large pizza and drank half a 2 liter of dew

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

RaceBannon posted:

I need my fast food workers to be humble and know their place. Don't look me in the eye when I ask for an extra packet of honey mustard

Don't even speak just loving press the buttons and look at the screen.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

the black husserl posted:

interesting that a completely fabricated event can generate 8 pages of "discussion"

see The Holy Bible.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

I'm a poor and when I see people poorer than me I turn my nose up and whisper things like "sucks to suck" and "cucked" under my breath as I walk by.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

a bone to pick posted:

at least all the million tests I did should have at least ruled out cancer.

or given you cancer lol

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Luvcow posted:

thats the irony of a vegan diet, its supposed to get rid of the bad smelling meat poop but somehow ends up smelling worse

is meat poop almost always worse smelling than veg poop?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

if i use dr bronner's all one soap am i a vegan?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

lol my skinny white friend carl who I play final fantasy with has diabetes

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

I don't stunt
I regulate
henny and sprite
I separate
watchin these crab niggas
marinate

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

any birthers here

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Noyemi K posted:

tl;dr: you're being a hipster about literal liquid candy.

Yeah. ffs if you're gonna be a hipster do it about something like clothes or music

or sex

be gay

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Noyemi K posted:

I feel like I'm better off not having a refined palate and strong affinities for liquid candy bud

just cum

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Noyemi K posted:

well of course

how do you think I slimmed down so much???

by not drinking liquid candy?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Let's stay on the topic of pignosed potato people who think they're entitled to some godgiven right to receive respect from everyone.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

noyemi k is correct and it';s funny seeing everyone trip over themselves to mock him

they did the same thing to wine snobs and they couldn't tell that a white wine had been dyed red and couldn't identify a supermarket wine from a good vintage if they were told they were the opposite.

Nice post bitch

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

gently caress this gay earth

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

gonna order 6 burgs tomorrow for lunch and try and get a reaction then call the cops

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Humboldt Squid posted:

When i started cooking at an indian place i had vegan food for lunch everyday and gained 10lbs because i didn't realize that chana masala over rice is is caloric neutron star

#saagpaneer4life

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

same

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

i think this big lady needs a helpung hand

she needs a helping of sausage

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

a heaping helping

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

rice and beans for breakfast :)

can't wait til lunch

I'm tryin guys I'm tryin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Health food

I am Elvis irl ask me anything about this sort of sandwich.

• Locked thread