Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
McChickens are good because they are 2 for $2, so you order 2 and put the meat from the second one on the first one and throw the rest away.

Julien Sorel posted:

That wasn't even the best part of that episode. Her husband tries to get her to eat a single brussels sprout and after picking it up with a fork (her arm literally twitching in pure terror as she does this) and smelling it, she physically wretches and begins crying profusely.

I think it was actually a single brussel sprout leaf. One leaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

You should really toss that bread near some trees so squirrels can eat it. :)

I actually chuck it at the nearest fatty.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Absolute Lithops posted:

McD's burgers are visibly full of cartilage bits and whatnot

No they loving aren't.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah, that's just over $45,000 (CAD), which is nowhere's near enough to live on for a family of four.

I'm under the impression that England is just like the US and Canada in that it hates poor people, though, so it's not like they were trying to be... balanced?

Yeah, wouldn't want any of them to have to get a job or nothing.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I'm too fat to ride a desk. I'm too fat to ride anything.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

No, it's the system that makes us resent the gigantic slothful piles of human. Full communism now so that they can be worked to death in the salt mines for the glory of the state.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Free time and cheap protein also makes it easier than ever to be swole. Wealthy gap? Why is no one talking about the swole gap? Why do 5% of the people have 90% of the gains?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

oh no, a term that isn't strictly literal

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

you can be skinny and hard or skinny and soft; not a hard concept

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

just because you're skinny doesn't mean you're healthy, fucknuts. human bodies need exercise.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Crisco is the greatest miracle of the early twentieth century.

H.H posted:

pasta. maybe hummus. legumes, basically.

I don't know, man. Anyone eating enough hummus to get fat would fart themselves into orbit.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Mange Mite posted:

Pigmalion?

noice

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

If you need something fizzy that comes in a can I suggest drinking flavored seltzer water. That shits the bomb.

that's what soft drinks are

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Is there a carb blocker that makes you fart flour?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Oil based lubes aren't condom safe. :colbert:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

poz my Crisc-hole

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

They're in a weird space between sliders and real burgers.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

the "a burger is too filling for me!" people are almost as funny as these land whales.

And the 'a bite of McDonald's food makes me physically ill' people and the 'McDonald's hamburgers are made out of shredded tires' people. Their palette is so refined they just can't handle pleb food.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

waitwhatno posted:

I've never tried a single drop of corn coke in my life and even I know that sugar coke tastes better. Big corn made a fool out of you, htbh.

good job proving her point.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Even a lot of 'fruit juice' is just flavored apple juice which is the lowliest of all juices.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

didn't realize until just now that the picture was not someone on their knees

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

just spitballing here but I'm pretty sure the cost of like two or maybe three of those snack food items would buy her a week's worth of rice, which is both less fattening and more filling by calorie count. idg where this "healthy food is more expensive" poo poo comes from.

She could even keep eating garbage but eat less of it. My calculations show less food costs less than more food.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

a bone to pick posted:

I think the biggest problem of comparing being fat to drug addiction is that you do not need alcohol or heroin to survive while you do actually need to eat or you will die.

That's just what Big Agri wants you to believe.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

a bone to pick posted:

To the people who always suggest rice and beans: is your diet 90% rice and beans, is that all you eat? If you're going to eat such tasteless and lovely food why not just eat Soylent? Why do you think telling people who eat unhealthy, sugary foods to make themselves happy are going to go to start eating grains and beans? Do you think maybe you have some kind of mental health issue?

Please get back to me, tia.

Is it really that odd a concept using a staple food as a staple food? Obviously someone isn't going to be eating just two foods; add some vegetables and some meat or what not and suddenly oh my god you have a meal that isn't loving chips and cookies. The 'healthy food is too expensive' poo poo is still bullshit. That pantry is what I'd expect if you let a child do the shopping.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

"anti-nutrients" is mostly paleo bull-plop. Most 'anti-nutrients' in food that is typically cooked is broken down by cooking, who'd have thunk.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I think the "rice and beans" is just like you know a base to start from. Buy some rice, some beans, taters, vegetables, dairy, meat, spices- and oh god you're suddenly shopping like an adult. None of these things are that expensive, you may have to eat pork loin instead of steak, but which ever way you go you're probably going to do better than chips and cookies.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

lol at the goal posts frantically moving from 'just eat rice and beans' to 'rice and beans are just a jumping off point, then you can also buy all kinds of regular groceries too'

why not just say "shop like an adult, it's not as expensive as you think" from the beginning?

I never said rice and beans.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Linnear posted:

There's options. The cheap kind of chicken with skin and bone in place, bananas, canned tuna/sardines, eggs... but they got to have some kind of desire or commitment to it. Unless they have got a knack for spices, it's probably not going to taste or feel as good as cramming down fish and chips. The only other thing is to cut back portion size and just eat more frequently; but that also takes some discipline.

When stuff like peanut butter is more expensive when it has less ingredients (Jif and Skippy are almost always on sale, while something like Smucker's natural is always a dollar or two higher), there is some truth to what they say about healthier food.

If there is any truth to it it's because they are right on accident. You know what fats think healthy food is? Lean Cuisine frozen dinners, which are wildly expensive and only low calorie because of the teeny tiny portion.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Nah don't be a rear end. Some healthier foods are legit more expensive to buy. Unless you make 100% of everything from scratch then you're paying a premium for healthier things like jams, butters, etc.

For example a jam made from actual berries and not 90% crap and sugar is usually a couple bucks more expensive.

You know these people aren't looking sullenly at the natural jams and thinking if only-. A few items are going to be more expensive, sure. Overall not so much; it's not like they give away chips; they're like 3-4 bucks a bag. Same for a box of cookies. Prepackaged foods are generally worse for you and more expensive.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

On the topic of white rice, it's not like anyone in the developed world is at risk for beriberi, but everyone could use more bran.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

*stares at bag of carrots* A dollar? I'm not made of money!

e: Just to avoid any confusion. I am not advocating someone eat 100% carrots.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Mange Mite posted:

eating a pound of deep fried mozzarella is one of those acts that creates its own punishment

Eating 4 and 3/4 pounds of fried mozzarella is one of those acts that creates a hero.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

humanity was a mistake

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Microwaves Mom posted:

Whats an 18st?

Also you can do whatever to a fat chick cause they're fat. So buttsex is a given.

252 lb, 114 kg.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Extreme weights should be discouraged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Is being super big like Kali Muscle taxing on your organs or anything, or can we exclude muscle mountains from the extreme weight rule?

• Locked thread