Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Professor Shark posted:

Fast-food is creating a race of Pig People and no one will do anything about it

They can be the morlocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
They should start selling nosebags

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

I call hamburgers hamburgers but McDonald's also serves chicken sandwiches which is usually what I get because I have to limit my intake of red meat

Just so lomg as youre not one of thise weirdos that calls chicken sandwiches "chicken burgers"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Turkey burger is an acceptable use of burger imo because it's still a ground meat patty

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Ran Mad Dog posted:

:lol: if you're overweight you seriously have no business eating fast food unless you have a death wish.

Death would be a mercy for these people

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bobcats posted:

Are going to use your appraising eye to land a good investment?

Pigmalion?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

KiteAuraan posted:

I want to know how a vegan gets fat. I ate vegan yesterday and it was like, 1500 calories total, and I ate a shitton.

Cola, french fries, and oreos

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Anthony Rapp posted:

I think that Alli "weight loss" pill does this. They recommended you keep a change of underwear with you so you can clean yourself up after all the Burger King you ate for lunch comes tumbling out.

Yup that's exactly how it works. If you eat any fat at all its not absorbed so it just leaks out your anus

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Decebal posted:

If you want the government to give you more money you shouldn't be smiling. Show your pain !

Actually the best way to get people to give you poo poo is to look like you dont need it

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

I actually think they taste better than the normal version.

I remember when I was six or eight years old or something and my aunt asked me if I wanted a drink at some family event and I saw that there were diet cokes (this was back when they had the ugly grey can and thus stood out very easily) and I had just tried one of those recently and found that I liked that whereas I didn't generally like coke and asked for one and she just insisted that I didn't want a diet soda, despite my repeated insistence right back to the contrary, and eventually I just gave up and went without a soda. :(

Try Mexican coke, dude. It's the corn syrup that gives that awful slimy feel in the mouth

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Noyemi K posted:

If they were unlabelled you probably wouldn't be able to really tell the difference. A lot of people are convinced that "regular" refined cane or beet sugar is superior to high fructose corn syrup but it's all simple sugars and hype.

The only real major difference is that one source of simple sugar is corn and the other is sugarcane.

Wrong

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
oh no! not hipsters!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
ps ive actually done a blind taste test and the results were way over chance so looks like youre full of poo poo

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Note that you're gay

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

just spitballing here but I'm pretty sure the cost of like two or maybe three of those snack food items would buy her a week's worth of rice, which is both less fattening and more filling by calorie count. idg where this "healthy food is more expensive" poo poo comes from.

Good job identifying the subtext of a daily mail article. We totally q didnt get that

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a bone to pick posted:

I think the biggest problem of comparing being fat to drug addiction is that you do not need alcohol or heroin to survive while you do actually need to eat or you will die.

I actually do need to alcohol to survive or else i will die of dts

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
White rice is not healthy at all

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

What's unhealthy about it?

It's mostly starch (much less protein than even white flour) with a high glycemic index and no fiber.

It likely part of the reason all of asia is getting diabetes

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Glycemic index goes out the window when you combine it with fats, proteins, & fiber--such as those found in beans. Sure it's not nutrient dense but it's cheap, tasty, easy to prepare, and versatile. Considering people have been eating rice for millenia and the obesity/diabetes thing has only been seen recently I'm guessing it's something besides the rice.

Keep in mind when I'm talkign rice and beans I mean 1:1 ratio of each, not some bullshit like this:

You could say the same thing about any unhealthy food though. This is the same argument you see where cereal is healthy "as part of a balanced breakfast" (pic: giant tray full of oatmeal and eggs and bran and poo poo). Rice has very little protein or fiber, so it's less healthy than other staple starches. and it's not even particularly tasty or familiar to most anglos.

Its only advantages are that it keeps for a long time and is easy to make if you have a riCe cooker. but then bread comes precooked, is subsidized by the government, and is actually slightly better macro-wise

White rice was not as much of a staple until the modern era, outside of the very wealthy. Just like white bread used to be a status symbol for the nobility.

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 21, 2016

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Moridin920 posted:

Some healthier foods are legit more expensive to buy. Unless you make 100% of everything from scratch then you're paying a premium for healthier things like jams, butters, etc. For example a jam made from actual berries and not 90% crap and sugar is usually a couple bucks more expensive.

Of course you can eat healthy for cheap but you can also eat like poo poo for very cheap with no cooking required.

Also I think you're right that fats think healthy food is usually poo poo like the lean cuisine frozen dinners (which don't fill them up then they eat more because as you said, tiny portions) - but whose fault is that really? Why are cigarettes banned from TV advertising but crap foods posing as healthy alternatives are totally fine?

Jam is not really healthy no matter what, all jam is sugar with stuff in it.

Butter is butter

You are picking like the worst examples for these things

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Moridin920 posted:

Hm okay. Go into Walmart and pick up a bunch of prepackaged meals (I poo poo you not there's meals there for less than a dollar each). Stock up for like, a week. Then get a week's worth of groceries - real stuff like veggies, fruits, spices, etc.

Tell me which of those is more expensive. If you say the real groceries then lol you clearly haven't been in a Walmart (or equivalent) for a while.

Costco sells produce so cheap that you'd have to be stupid not to buy it but the same berries at Vons are 3x the price and it can be hard to justify spending $6-7 on a tiny package of berries when I could instead get a massive bag of chips for $4 which will last me longer. That's where your 'healthier food is more expensive' comes from; they are thinking in terms of 'well for a snack I can get a fruit, or I can get chips which will last longer...' which is a bad way to go about it but nonetheless that's how they think.

You were talking about dumb poo poo like jam and butter. The expensive jam is not actually any better for you than the cheap jam, it's all just sugar anyway.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

hemale in pain posted:

even if you eat like poo poo nothing explains getting really fat... like how much food are you eating man????? dont you go for walks??? of course the answer is no but drat if i tried to eat anything near that amount i'd be puking and feeling sick.

telling people to eat healthy or eat less obviously doesn't work, isn't it like over 40% of the country is now overweight? that's loving insane.

Poor and/ or stressed people get fat. Americans are getting poorer so theyre getting fatter. Britons are even poorer and more depressed than americans but their food sucks which is why instead of beating us its more of a close tie, going one way or the other depending in whos doing the measuring

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

hemale in pain posted:

It's a daily mail article so it's 99% percent nonsense and poo poo designed to make idiot poor people hate other idiot poor people and vote for a political party which actively wants to murder them.

Looks like it worked perfectly itt

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

vyst posted:

lol if you're too poor to buy all organic overpriced produce at whole foods

yeah lol at that one guy bragging aabout eating 49 cent meals at walmart

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Just posting in this thread to say that you guys really made me want some rice and beans. Throw some spices and maybe some sausage in there, stew it for a few hours, yeah yeah yeah

Do red beans and rice

It's good

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a bone to pick posted:

I want a gang tag for the bean & rice crew, we can call them the "beaners" or the "rice cookers"

"moros y christianos"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The White Dragon posted:

mozzarella is cheese, which is dairy, which is healthy, which means i can eat a hundred in a single sitting right

eating a pound of deep fried mozzarella is one of those acts that creates its own punishment

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a bone to pick posted:

I got a helping hand for her:

yet another reason britain is lame

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Rondette posted:

Is this some sort of condition? I don't understand how anyone could be that unfortunately shaped without it being a medical issue. Is it just that they don't move around much so their legs and arse are undeveloped? I call people this shape Potato people (somewhat ironic given the current cheesy potato topic here) because I assume that's why they are shaped that way. Too much potato based food.

Like this girl has it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCNh5qH9w6w

and this lot

I bet at least one of these people actually has cushings syndrome

Except for hank hill obvs

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Wicker Man posted:

This is like, human misery personified. Ugly, flabby, and easily hurt all together.

Also it means you might have cancer

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Stop posting photos of your mail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Kung Food posted:

This isn't so much about encouraging fatties as it is discouraging an industry that pushes it's models to be dangerously thin. France had a model die from anorexia in 2010 and it kinda freaked them out about the whole thing. Plus gently caress the fashion industry anyways.

the fashion industry is based on trying to make women attractive to a bunch of gay pedophiles so yeah gently caress em

• Locked thread