Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im gonna make some moonshine and document it for gbs and the authorities.

watch this space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
I doubt that it's even illegal in the savage Aus

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Fermenter full of tomato paste wash. The simplest way to make alcohol

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
GBS used to have a hobowine thread , I made some in college on a dry campus in a 5 gallon boat water storage thing. it was loving horrible

(I used bread yeast)

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Filling thr boiler. Smells strong. Looks like muddy water

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

just get high op

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Awful picture of the alcohometer gives us a reading of 10% alcohol

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Tastes pretty foul but strong. Maybe it could be a gormet tomato cider.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
All set up but the hose keeps shooting off when i turn the water on. Gonna go look for a better fitting

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You got a long way to go until tomato brandy.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
If sex predators can make toilet wine, you can make Everclear out of Ro-tel. I have total faith in you.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Okay water is solved i hope and shes warming up

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Okay a few more water problems and evrrytging is covered in water.

But should be nothing but amooth saoling from here.

We're at about 20 degrees which is probably inside room temperature. Got a way to go yet. I'm gonna find a chair

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Weve gone up 3 degrees in the last few minutes. Not sure when it will kick off but i think another 15 degrees or so.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I approve of this thread

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The first 50ml you supposed to throw out or use for fuel. I might cut 100ml to be extra safe. That first bit has all the chemicals that make you go blind and they come off firt because they are more volatile than ethanol.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
shine on you crazy dimond.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

dreezy posted:

shine on you crazy dimond.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Call it Pecky Becky's Black Label.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Upped the water pressure a bit and lost a degree. Im hoping no more than 30mons before it starts going. Tgis still has an electric element. I personally prefer gas burners.

While im waiting ill go get beer weed and sunflower seeds to pass the time

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
last time i rode the white lightning i tried pouring what would be the last of many shots and missed the glass by about 6 inches, and then passed out around 2pm on a Sunday and didnt wake up until Monday morning around 7am.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Isaac posted:

The first 50ml you supposed to throw out or use for fuel. I might cut 100ml to be extra safe. That first bit has all the chemicals that make you go blind and they come off firt because they are more volatile than ethanol.

My mum makes moonshine and she cuts off 100ml, its way safer and ends up tasting better too! Also try adding applejuice and a stick of cinnamon once its jarred. Tastes great. I think you may have to do something to the applejuice first, though.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jukeboxblues posted:

My mum makes moonshine and she cuts off 100ml, its way safer and ends up tasting better too! Also try adding applejuice and a stick of cinnamon once its jarred. Tastes great. I think you may have to do something to the applejuice first, though.

shutup

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Suck my ears, you bell bottomed bitch

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Theres cats hanging on the window sill where the hose connector is. If they gently caress this up im gonna be so peeved this laundry cannot handle another wild loose hose spraying water everywhere

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jukeboxblues posted:

Definitely going to do 100ml cut. Im just gonna use this for vodka orange. Not gonna flavour it.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im hearing alot of activity in the boiler i think its about to go

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
How long is this going to take? I don't have all night.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

a bone to pick posted:

How long is this going to take? I don't have all night.

Another 3 hours probably. I can start doing pics and tastings of moonshine in the next 30minutes or so though.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I feel like i should be singing songs of the old country while i wait.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Can you seriously make a huge batch of moonshine in a few hours? I know some guys that do microbrew poo poo and it takes them like weeks to make beer.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

a bone to pick posted:

Can you seriously make a huge batch of moonshine in a few hours? I know some guys that do microbrew poo poo and it takes them like weeks to make beer.

I had to ferment the wash. Which can be as quick as 4 days if you keep it warm. Ive had this sitting for 2 weeks to let it settle.

I used sugar, tomato paste and bakers yeast. Because im using a reflux still it should stop almost all flavour coming through from the wash. Vodka basically. I think the correct term is neutral spirit.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

a bone to pick posted:

Moonshine is really quick and easy. The stuff that takes longer tastes better, but moonshine is at the level where its so high in alcohol you can't taste the difference.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Mariana Horchata posted:

last time i rode the white lightning i tried pouring what would be the last of many shots and missed the glass by about 6 inches, and then passed out around 2pm on a Sunday and didnt wake up until Monday morning around 7am.

God drat

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im going to water this down to 40% when its done. Should come out of the still 70-90%. Ive only used a v3ry different still before so im kinda winging it with this one.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
bathe in it then wash urself clean with a long hamburger shower

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Isaac posted:

Im going to water this down to 40% when its done. Should come out of the still 70-90%. Ive only used a v3ry different still before so im kinda winging it with this one.

Pussy.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
At 40% this should taste no different or worse than supermarket vodka right off the bat.

Gin changes flavour alot and needs a few weeks or months to settle down.

Brown spirits you need to have them barrelled for years before they are commercial quality. You can make a perfectly drinkable rum without too much waiting if you are working with small quantities.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Orkin Mang posted:

hamburger shower

Explain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
We have liftoff