Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I write this with great foresight so that perhaps this knowledge can aid either myself or a reader.

Some time ago I installed a dreaded app on my phone. The app in question seemed harmless at the time, as it is the official app for audiobook website, Audible. I had purchased a collection of HP Lovecraft short stories. Looking back, this is when the beast first took notice of me. Little did I know that it was creeping dread I was feeling at the time. It was harmless stuff at first. Neighbours dogs would be barking at my house all night, speakers would seemingly pick up transmissions of some kind, and old blind gypsies would try to warn me of the impending doom. Yoknow, the usual stuff.

Now? Things are far more dire. Recently my computer died, despite me never turning it off since I bought it 3 years ago. I think this was a cunning ploy to limit my communication with the rest of the world. Sure not too sinister on its own, but there are other things that have been happening that support this. Take, for instance the fact that I recently purchased three packages of hot pockets. I got home and put as many as can fit on a plate and heated it LONGER than the reccomended time. When I touched those round ball like things they were colder than the cheese on the moon!!

The final and most recent piece of evidence happened a mere 45 minutes ago! I was sitting on the couch, rubbing Doritos dust on my chest when my poorly balanced phone suddenly fell to the floor. The shock of this made me inhale doritos dust and I passed out after it gave me an asthma attack. I awoke not 10 minutes later, alone. Somehow in the attack my phone opened up audible and started playing a spooky story from HP Lovecraft. I hid in the laundry for a good 20 minutes, scared for my life. The beast seems to be gone now as my phone is out of battery.

I will update as more spookies occur and pray I won't die. Thanks for reading my harrowing tale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I'm crazy now, thanks rear end in a top hat

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Fire all six shots of a revolver with great suddenness when one would probably be sufficient into your head OP

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Shaquin posted:

Fire all six shots of a revolver with great suddenness when one would probably be sufficient into your head OP

I tried that. The beast jammed my gun. :ohdear:

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
Stay safe, Cthulu ghost.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
ask it what its having for lunch and hope it doesn't say you, i'm having hummus dipp and i just had a sandwich with spinach and tomatoes in case you were wondering but you probably have a lot on your mind - if you read this all the horror has snuck behind you while you were distracted

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

The Vulcan Science Directorate has ruled that eldritch horrors are impossible.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Jukeboxblues posted:

I write this with great foresight so that perhaps this knowledge can aid either myself or a reader.

Some time ago I installed a dreaded app on my phone. The app in question seemed harmless at the time, as it is the official app for audiobook website, Audible. I had purchased a collection of HP Lovecraft short stories. Looking back, this is when the beast first took notice of me. Little did I know that it was creeping dread I was feeling at the time. It was harmless stuff at first. Neighbours dogs would be barking at my house all night, speakers would seemingly pick up transmissions of some kind, and old blind gypsies would try to warn me of the impending doom. Yoknow, the usual stuff.

Now? Things are far more dire. Recently my computer died, despite me never turning it off since I bought it 3 years ago. I think this was a cunning ploy to limit my communication with the rest of the world. Sure not too sinister on its own, but there are other things that have been happening that support this. Take, for instance the fact that I recently purchased three packages of hot pockets. I got home and put as many as can fit on a plate and heated it LONGER than the reccomended time. When I touched those round ball like things they were colder than the cheese on the moon!!

The final and most recent piece of evidence happened a mere 45 minutes ago! I was sitting on the couch, rubbing Doritos dust on my chest when my poorly balanced phone suddenly fell to the floor. The shock of this made me inhale doritos dust and I passed out after it gave me an asthma attack. I awoke not 10 minutes later, alone. Somehow in the attack my phone opened up audible and started playing a spooky story from HP Lovecraft. I hid in the laundry for a good 20 minutes, scared for my life. The beast seems to be gone now as my phone is out of battery.

I will update as more spookies occur and pray I won't die. Thanks for reading my harrowing tale.

Hmm, yes. And how many unspeakable Congo Secrets have been revealed to you by misshapen cyclopean mudmen thus far?

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

hemophilia posted:

Hmm, yes. And how many unspeakable Congo Secrets have been revealed to you by misshapen cyclopean mudmen thus far?

At least 5.

My Man Shran posted:

The Vulcan Science Directorate has ruled that eldritch horrors are impossible.

Did your dumb vulcan eyes read my op? It gives clear and concise information proving otherwise.

Nation posted:

ask it what its having for lunch and hope it doesn't say you, i'm having hummus dipp and i just had a sandwich with spinach and tomatoes in case you were wondering but you probably have a lot on your mind - if you read this all the horror has snuck behind you while you were distracted

It did sneak up on me but it was stunned by the question. It decided on dim sims and fried rice. I will post more info after I secure the perimeter.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Jukeboxblues posted:

Did your dumb vulcan eyes read my op? It gives clear and concise information proving otherwise.

I am no Vulcan, you filthy pinkskin.

I'm going to ushaan you in the butt, okay?

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
The only power that Cthulhu has is the power to make anyone talking about it instantly more insufferable than Firefly fans.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

we were talking about hp lovecraft not cthulhu

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

write a letter to a seldom heard from uncle about it op

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Blue Raider posted:

write a letter to a seldom heard from uncle about it op

Good idea! I think my mom still has his address. PS update coming after this sobering coffee!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Eat the friggin bones

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Tell your mom I said "Hi".

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Official Update #1:

I heard a ghostly moaning earlier. It was coming from my mothers room, yet strangely when I enquired about it later she said she heard no such thing and that I should ignore all sounds coming from her room. Perhaps this beast has put my mom under a spell? Or perhaps I am the only one that can hear this strang beast...

I mentoined before that I spoke with the beast, and that I asked it what it planned to eat. During this time I studied it, or should I say him, for it was most certainly a male, of that I have no doubt, and managed to commit its form to memory, of which I shall now descrbe. It had a strange nest like object resting on its head, its eyes were seemed to be puffy, as if it were made of bread rolls. Overall it resembled a human, but its skin was as if it were made of tanned leather. Its arms dropped by its side as if they were made of jelly fish. It had an extended abdomin, and it reeked of cinnamon and juniper berries. Its voice, oh god its voice. It spoke as if it were strained, horse and rhaspy.

I think it has chosen this form as my dad died 12 years ago and it senses my need for a male role model.I think I hear it upstairs rummaging through my collection of rare cereal boxes as I write this. My basement seems the only safe place for me, I suspect due to the ancient rite of protection I casted down here in the fifth grade, of that I am almost certain. My supplies are running low, and I will have to venture to the walmart sometime today. I pray this unspeakable horror will make flight soon, as I doubt I can be so lucky as previous encounters.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Punch his dick op

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Hey now, hey now now

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
> summon jolio

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Cast enlarge satan.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
boy lovecraft's writing sure was scary! because racism is scary, you see

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Talking about lovecrafts racism is so frickin boring

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

i dont have anything else to do

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's cool man

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Here's a guys 250 page dissertation on lovecrafts influence on speculative science fiction and modern/post modern art https://etd.ohiolink.edu/ap/10?0::NO:10:P10_ACCESSION_NUM:ohiou1417615151

Pretty good

Seasonal Candles
Aug 5, 2015

Metaprocesses bloom like cancer, and awaken, and call themselves I
He was a gigantic pussy so scared of the world that even a frickin type of geometry was terrifying to him

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Did you guys know that a person who was alive in the early 1900s was racist!? shocking!! Here's 10 things YOU didn't know about HP Lovecraft that'll BLOW YOUR MIND! Not the least of which the cthulu mythos ha ha thanks I'll be here all week

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

He was in Screwdriver?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
better than being pursued by an eldritch whore imo. bitch thinks i owe her money, which is some bullshit.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
PM Gatekeeper, he seems to be an authority on magicks and may be able to help u

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

A misanthrope posted:

boy lovecraft's writing sure was scary! because racism is scary, you see

Man, NWA's early work was so pretentious.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SIox6Z81Fw

someusername
Jan 26, 2015
find an occultist, they get bonus damage and mad crits on eldrichii. more so if they have your buddy's head in a bag or something.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
op is a fhtagn

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My gums bleed every time I brush my teeth, must be an eldritch horror following me around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

ghlbtsk posted:

op is a fhtagn

• Locked thread