Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
AMA about terrists :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
how do you think belgium's weak government and culture of denial as inneffective politicians turn the other cheek to disorganization and crime for fear of being labeled intolerant had an effect on molembeek becoming europes jihad base

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

do terrorists dip the fries in the mayo or do they use something else

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
how were the waffles, lol

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Jesus Christ posted:

AMA about terrists :)

Did you get crucified again?

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Enfield posted:

how do you think belgium's weak government and culture of denial as inneffective politicians turn the other cheek to disorganization and crime for fear of being labeled intolerant had an effect on molembeek becoming europes jihad base

white guilt and limp-wristed cultural relativism

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RaceBannon posted:

white guilt and limp-wristed cultural relativism

dont sign your posts :shittydog:

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I worked in Schaarbeek and didn't blow up once!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Also, you mispelled Molen

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

Enfield posted:

This is a very valid question and one that is a bit complicated to answer.

Belgium does not have a "weak government" in the sense that the media protrays. It's biggest fault is that it is strongly divided between two sides (the Flemish and Walloon) and, being Belgian, gives both sides consideration. Belgium has historically been the sort of battle zone between Germany and France, and bordered by those countries and the Netherland it has never really had it's own identity. Most people in Brussels for instance are not actually Belgian. There is this crisis of identity that proliferates itself through not only government but society as a whole, and it is especially resonant when it comes to matters of international interest, such as the Paris shootings.

You have many international media outlets blaming Belgium, and especially Molembeek, which is simply a suburb of Brussels, as terrorist hotbeds and all that noise. Belgium's response was a fetid "uhhh?" because that's how Belgium reacts to anything. One of our national sports is to see who can keep a pipe of tobacco lit the longest, for fucks sake.

Molembeek is a decent enough neighborhood. Honestly, it's better off than St Joost, which is where I used to live, and is also predominantly Arab. You and the media may decry it but it's still a hell of a lot better than 95% of most impoverished US neighborhoods and it's just a drat shame that some rear end in a top hat went and did some lovely poo poo and was from there.

Totally a terrist hotbed:

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

No. 6 posted:

I worked in Schaarbeek and didn't blow up once!

where in scharbeek!? :D

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jesus Christ posted:

This is a very valid question and one that is a bit complicated to answer.

Belgium does not have a "weak government" in the sense that the media protrays. It's biggest fault is that it is strongly divided between two sides (the Flemish and Walloon) and, being Belgian, gives both sides consideration. Belgium has historically been the sort of battle zone between Germany and France, and bordered by those countries and the Netherland it has never really had it's own identity. Most people in Brussels for instance are not actually Belgian. There is this crisis of identity that proliferates itself through not only government but society as a whole, and it is especially resonant when it comes to matters of international interest, such as the Paris shootings.

You have many international media outlets blaming Belgium, and especially Molembeek, which is simply a suburb of Brussels, as terrorist hotbeds and all that noise. Belgium's response was a fetid "uhhh?" because that's how Belgium reacts to anything. One of our national sports is to see who can keep a pipe of tobacco lit the longest, for fucks sake.

Molembeek is a decent enough neighborhood. Honestly, it's better off than St Joost, which is where I used to live, and is also predominantly Arab. You and the media may decry it but it's still a hell of a lot better than 95% of most impoverished US neighborhoods and it's just a drat shame that some rear end in a top hat went and did some lovely poo poo and was from there.

this is an awesome post thanks

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Jesus Christ posted:

where in scharbeek!? :D

I'm sorry, just outside. Right next to Jubelpark.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Jesus Christ

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Jesus Christ posted:

where are the terrorist refugee rape gangs

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008