Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jostiband
May 7, 2007

make progless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I assumed the check mark is the correct answer, but even then there's "in cace" and "make progless". Can't imagine anyone studying English as a 2nd language needs to know the word "knave"

Demicol fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 1, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They have triangles which I'm guessing is 'close, but no cigar'.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Yeah, just noticed the stripe next to them.
Maybe half credit?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Circle correct
Tick incorrect
Triangle correct but with a spelling mistake.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I was wrong! Glad we could have this meaningful discussion about a fictional test paper though.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Demicol posted:

Their English teacher is terrible!

They should have anarysed their textbook better.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Kinji posted:

Just wondering, do you play league of legends? If you do. Get rekt

:drat:

I think it's cool how the show gives the cast even footing rather than using Masaya as the central character.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Welp, I guess the translation wasn't actually anywhere near done since now they've posted that it probably won't be out until loving October at the earliest.

On top of that this tweet seems to hint that Sekai Project may be looking at picking it up, though the fan translator says he hasn't heard anything. So who the hell knows!

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Well I was actually looking forward to playing it if it finished before the anime did. I'll keep watching and see if I'm still interested after its over.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Still watching this, it still does a decent job of making the fantasy sport interesting.

But I really do have to question some of the logic put into the world building. When they have magitech anti-grav devices that fit in a pair of shoes, why is Team Boring arriving and leaving in a helicopter with rotors?
And are there really no other sports using those shoes? Like some kind of Air Polo, or a 3D version of figure skating.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I stopped watching after the episode where somebody was doing a bunch of moves and everybody got all scandalized because it was against the spirit of flying circus for some unclear reason and it was expecting a lot from the audience to care about the unwritten rules within a game of invented mechanics

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

I stopped watching after the episode where somebody was doing a bunch of moves and everybody got all scandalized because it was against the spirit of flying circus for some unclear reason and it was expecting a lot from the audience to care about the unwritten rules within a game of invented mechanics

Yeah hence "Team Boring", if you're just stalling the game while ahead, but technically stay inside the rules, sure you'll win but it's not really fun for either player. The classic "not about winning, but about having fun playing" theme. I'm guessing the resolution will be two-fold, first that our MCs develop tactics against the stalling techniques, and second that Inui learns to like engaging in fights and rejects the pure stalling.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
That literally happened just this last episode.

Maybe not for good, but at least a taste of it.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

nielsm posted:

Still watching this, it still does a decent job of making the fantasy sport interesting.

But I really do have to question some of the logic put into the world building. When they have magitech anti-grav devices that fit in a pair of shoes, why is Team Boring arriving and leaving in a helicopter with rotors?
And are there really no other sports using those shoes? Like some kind of Air Polo, or a 3D version of figure skating.

I think this was mostly just stuff they opted not to put much thought into as the game almost entirely focuses on Flying Circus to begin with and it was probably enough work just getting that all sorted out. I had a similar thought about the helicopter but mostly wrote it off as the grav tech still being relatively new and maybe not working on anything larger than human sized yet. It's also kind of a cute little cliche for the EVIL RICH BAD GUYS to take a helicopter everywhere even if it wasn't really necessary, so I thought it was kind of funny nonetheless.

I actually need to finish watching the rest of the show, I stopped watching for a bit halfway through because of other stuff and haven't gotten back around to it since it's kind of low on my list since I already know the story. :v: Glad to see people are still enjoying it though.

In other news, unfortunately the game translation project has effectively been "reset" because of a bunch of stupid drama involving the guy (OriginalRen) that ran it. Apparently his original TL bailed on him and got hired by Sekai Project (for something else) or something and then he got some other friends to help TL, but then accidentally deleted all the scripts on his google drive or something?! Who knows if there was even much of a translation in the first place? I don't know, it all sounds very stupid but as far as I can tell he's "trying again" and wants new TLs and will be more transparent this time and hopefully releasing actual partial patches. Also there may be a SECRET SECOND TL GROUP that wants to release in September despite not having said anything about it, but one of their translators doesn't like working with them and wants to help Ren?!? Who knows, man. I'm just pretty bummed since I really wanted people to be able to play the game soon.

But at this point I would not get your hopes up for anything happening anytime remotely soon. MAYBE by the end of the year we'll have something from somebody? At any rate I'll continue to try and let people know about any major updates that happen if the thread doesn't die in the meantime.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

One last bump just to mention that it appears the VN translation project is dead. The guy deleted all the stuff on the site and changed it to "Aokana fan site" (despite still having "aokanatranslation" in the url). So basically he ragequit, which isn't that surprising considering all the other stupid drama surrounding the project. It's a shame, since I don't feel like the anime was the best adaptation and it would have been awesome for more people to get to check the game out, but for now it doesn't look like that's in the cards. :smith:

Hopefully some other actual TL group will pick this up at some point but I'm not holding my breath. At least there's going to be a sequel coming out next year.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Does the VN have different routes or did the anime basically cover everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Demicol posted:

Does the VN have different routes or did the anime basically cover everything?

Yeah, the VN had routes for Asuka, Misaki, Mashiro, and Rika. The anime focused mostly on Asuka and touched on the others only in very broad strokes. The VN goes a fair bit deeper into each of the characters, and also focuses more on how Masaya changes as a person and deals with his issues, based on his relationship with each of them. I think it works a lot better that way since it gives more weight to the issues the girls/Masaya are dealing with and makes the developments feel more natural and less sudden. But that's a common issue for VN adaptations in anime, there's so much stuff in the story that it's difficult to get to it all when you only have ~12 episodes.

• Locked thread