Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Is wii.guide a good source for people with the original Wii console?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Through the darkness of future past, the magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds, fire walk with me!

We've lost a few posts again.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

RedMagus posted:

Aside from directing to the .guide sites, and updating regarding the 3DS firmware, what else needs to be updated? should we include Switch hacking info as well?

There's not much to say about Switch hacking besides "stay on 3.0.0 or lower if possible". Nintendo fixed the only known entry point with the 3.0.1 update.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Nullsmack posted:

Is wii.guide a good source for people with the original Wii console?

Hmmm the guide stop at priiloader because it isn't finish. I never bothered with priiloader and the wii not getting updated anymore so don't see the need for it.

Then again I had a wii that could install bootmii on boot2 so had good enough brick protection from that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wonder what’s even causing threads to have these issues.

My poor dying gay forums.:smith:

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I experimented with doing stuff to my Wii early on, but it was wiped out in a system update and I never bothered to keep up with it. Just looking for a resource to do stuff with it without already needing to know what everything is or the history of each component. I'd have no idea if something is outdated or no longer needed.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Nullsmack posted:

I experimented with doing stuff to my Wii early on, but it was wiped out in a system update and I never bothered to keep up with it. Just looking for a resource to do stuff with it without already needing to know what everything is or the history of each component. I'd have no idea if something is outdated or no longer needed.

I always used to recommend this guide to people: https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/
No idea whether it's up to date, though

As an alternative to the .guide sites, I'd also like to recommend

https://gbatemp.net/threads/mattkimuras-wii-u-hacking-guide.462121/

for Wiiu hacking. It doesn't get more straight forward than that guide.

And More fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 18, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Guys I made a new homebrew thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837908

• Locked thread