Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
My doctor keeps telling me to stop drinking. I didn't go to him for drinking. I went to him because of my reduced liver function.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

more like fatty ate many pies... :D

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

my "favorite" thing is fat people who refuse to do anything about it, but are depressed they're fat and whine about it.

get off your dead rear end and change it, poo poo

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
It's more about the insanity that is the "fat mentality" than the fat people themselves, usually. But ehh, it's easier just to focus on the one or two posters that scream 'death to fats' and assume everyone is a hateful raving psychotic.

CalmDownMate
Dec 3, 2015

by Shine

skander posted:

It's the morbidly obese people who insist that they are perfectly healthy, that their doctor won't tell them the 'real reason' for their obesity-caused health problems (to the point of insisting that the doctor not even discuss obesity), that they are an "elite athlete" because they can finish a marathon in 12 hours, et cetera, that are targets of mockery. There's no reason to hate them, though. One might even argue that some of them aren't even good targets for derision, because they are mentally ill, or sugar addicts in denial.

There's a reason for that.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Germstore posted:

Life is like a box of chocolates; it doesn't last as long for fat people.

/thread

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
It's an odd era of doublethink where fat but fit is even an acceptable phrase.

"Ya know its cold in a hot kinda way"

"It's a deep pool but it's a shallow deep"

"This vase is worthlessly valuable"

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

First GBS fatshaming thread of the new year?

:getin:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
a life lived to the *burp* fullest

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Is Tess Munster still alive?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

pentyne posted:

Is Tess Munster still alive?

yeah they're making a documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdUsyXQ8Wrs

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

The cat's name is meatball. Omg she's going to eat the cat!

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

The other day I saw a thing on Facebook about Tess Munster whining that she was having bad fortunes because her specially made bike broke under her and one of her feet broke or something and she's having other health problems. I don't know if those symptoms all have a common cause or not.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I'm struggling to believe that an actual medical study needed to be done about this for someone to come to the conclusion that being a fat gently caress is unhealthy, holy poo poo.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Cubone posted:

me, cool gbs thin poster, beatign up some big fat gently caress who thinks he's cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSS1zh45Fts

Holy poo poo. The fat dude's only move is just falling on the other guy

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jan 12, 2016

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
doctor said my 4 incher was healthy, fucc off if diagree

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

ive never seen the extended version this is great

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
u tell 'em fats

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

fph has infiltrated academia

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
"It's really hard to work out" :agesilaus:

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ive had a 400 pound woman tell me she is a vegan and avoids sugar and only drinks water.

Everyone knows your lying to them, you only make yourself bad when you try to say you have 300 extra pounds of pure genetic destiny that would stay with you long after you starved to death.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Those stupid fat people will never stop being funny.

But seriously, we eat lovely food. People who make "actual food" are going to be healthier. And by "actual food" I just mean like poo poo does it LOOK like real food? Did you put every ingredient in there yourself, and you cooked it or whatever? Microwaves aren't bad, but the kind of food that is marketed as being designed for microwaves is not real food, it's garbage. Make your food with rice and pasta and vegetables and meat if you want (don't eat meat, it's supporting a hugely wasteful and environmentally unsound industry), and whatever else you wanna throw in your food. Yeah dude, it means you're gonna have to like cook and spend 30-60 minutes making food every day. Take the hour that you spend watching tv every day and turn it into food time. Food is loving good for you and cool and fun. Once you learn how to cook and prepare meals, you'll enjoy it more and more.

We're all gonna die.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Ive had a 400 pound woman tell me she is a vegan and avoids sugar and only drinks water.

sweaty handfuls of pringles, it's doable

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Theshby posted:

sweaty handfuls of pringles, it's doable

Truly pushing the limits on the human body, like an athlete, only disgusting.

gagelion2
Dec 8, 2015

by Shine

its insane to me that these people exist outside of a cartoon

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Truly pushing the limits on the human body, like an athlete, only disgusting.

Sometimes athletes hurt themselves in their strive for testing those limits.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

hey is this where i can chat about gypsies and xbone??

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
wrong kind of HAM

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SHISHKABOB posted:

Sometimes athletes hurt themselves in their strive for testing those limits.

No agony, no bragony.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

quote:

People often argue that a person can be both fat and fit. Now, Swedish researchers claim that's not possible. They say it's even better to be “lean and unfit” than “fat and fit.” In 2012, another team of scientists argued that overweight and obese people who were "metabolically fit" did not have a higher risk of developing heart disease or cancer than people of normal weight. Being "metabolically fit" meant not having insulin resistance, diabetes or high blood pressure. According to their criteria, about half of the study's 43,000 obese participants were fit. Their study was published in the European Heart Journal.

yup, it's decided. scientists today claimed something scientists yesterday didn't. i know my mind is made up.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

TheIllestVillain posted:

ive never seen the extended version this is great

What is really telling is that what most people would consider morbidly obese 50-75 years ago would now probably just be considered moderately overweight. If fat was genetic and not related to exercise or diet, where were the hordes of people rolling down the street on mobility scooters in the 1940s?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-35288560

Bonus news story about vegans getting offended.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i am only too proud of humanity for throwing all these fatties into the fire just to find out how hot they burn

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
people are way fatter now, unlike earlier throughout all of mankinds history, because god is punishing us

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

im gaye posted:

try "debate & discussoion" and the games forum, respectively

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

im gaye posted:

Where's this gypsies thing coming from? I can recall like, one guy who was famous for getting banned for being racist against gypsies.

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe

Cubone posted:

it was a kit kat bar jingle referance

I'm pretty sure I remember meeting the guy who wrote that jingle. I was like 6 though.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I said it in the last fat thread and I'll say it again: hey obese people, please join a gym*, exercising and being healthy is really cool and good and nobody at the gym will be anything other than supportive, helpful, and informative.

*join a gym in like two weeks though because holy poo poo I can't even get parking at mine after work anymore, what the gently caress New Years people. Can't wait for February.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Ryoshi posted:

I said it in the last fat thread and I'll say it again: hey obese people, please join a gym*, exercising and being healthy is really cool and good and nobody at the gym will be anything other than supportive, helpful, and informative.

*join a gym in like two weeks though because holy poo poo I can't even get parking at mine after work anymore, what the gently caress New Years people. Can't wait for February.

The sad thing is that a lot of fat people won't join a gym because they think they'll be ridiculed, as if it's full of middle-school kids.

• Locked thread